The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player which warframe best for sorties

Godsmackup

Question

Ivara...the king of endgame! They can't kill you if they can't see you, and your damage scales infinitely. The movement penalty is a total non-issue since you can still parkour...and getting double loot is the cherry on top and makes survivals super easy. 

At lower levels, other frames are more efficient...but at higher and endgame levels, Ivara = master race...NOT Loki.

On 1/8/2017 at 11:04 AM, (PS4)Radehx said:

Ivara = master race

ivara is quite useless in defenses/interceptions, so no, she's not the master race

"They can't kill you if they can't see you"... well, they can't kill you if they can't see you and don't have a weapon too shoot with that can hit you at random (unless you are soloing the surv, in which case it's not a big difference if you are using ivara or loki)

8 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

ivara is quite useless in defenses/interceptions, so no, she's not the master race

Actually, she solos Interceptions very well.  One of the best at it due to Noise, Sleep, and Prowl.  I don't have any problems what so ever playing her in Defense missions either.  Sleep Arrow and Artemis Bow are wonderful things for Defense.  Add in a nicely placed Dashwire for more visibility of incoming targets.  I would say that she's far from useless in Defense and interception missions.   

8 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

(unless you are soloing the surv, in which case it's not a big difference if you are using ivara or loki)

Loki will eventually hit a wall where he will not be able to kill the enemies in survivals.  Ivara doesn't have that issue.  :D

12 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Loki will eventually hit a wall where he will not be able to kill the enemies in survivals.

i'm a loki, i think before entering the mission to bring the right weapons

13 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Actually, she solos Interceptions very well.  One of the best at it due to Noise, Sleep, and Prowl.  I don't have any problems what so ever playing her in Defense missions either.  Sleep Arrow and Artemis Bow are wonderful things for Defense.  Add in a nicely placed Dashwire for more visibility of incoming targets.  I would say that she's far from useless in Defense and interception missions. 

i think it's me but i don't find myself good with ivara bow (but hey, i didn't even try to build her for that because i have better warframes to bring in those missions as dps)

and still, you can solo defense and intercept with loki easily too, with irradiating disarm of course

i'm not for "loki masterrace" but i think that around 50% of the warframes can solo anymission at high levels, but we have to agree that only loki and ivara make spy/rescue/sabotage trivial

oh, you know what you can't solo with both? (and probably with no other waframe too) Sorties hijack

30 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

i'm a loki, i think before entering the mission to bring the right weapons

Short of a Covert Lethality dagger, there isn't a weapon that can be brought in a survival mission that will not reach it's limit.  Since Loki has no way to open enemies up to finishers, this will be when he hits his limit.  Which is about the same level for most frames outside of Inaros, Ash, and Ivara (and maybe Equinox and Excal but I'm not sure about those two). 

oh, you know what you can't solo with both? (and probably with no other waframe too) Sorties hijack

Challenge ACCEPTED!!!  :D 

i'm not for "loki masterrace" but i think that around 50% of the warframes can solo anymission at high levels, but we have to agree that only loki and ivara make spy/rescue/sabotage trivial

You forgot to add Assassinations, Capture and Survivals to Ivara's list.  hehe  I included Capture because I found a way to stealth kill the Capture targets. 

edit: please don't take any of this personally.  I just like to shoot holes in the whole master race thing whenever I can. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

You forgot to add Assassinations, Capture and Survivals

also loki works well in those, because you know, they don't see you in the same way they do with ivara

btw now i want a video of the next sortie hijack mission solo ivara

7 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

maybe my english is not the best sometimes, i was saying that with loki the enemies can't see you, like it happens with ivara

Uhhh, I don't know where you got that information, but enemies don't see Ivara at all while in Prowl or Cloak Arrow.  And since Prowl only ends if you turn it off or run out of energy, she's actually better at not being seen at all than any other frame in the game.  This includes not being seen by Stalker.

Edited by DatDarkOne

9 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhh, I don't know where you got that information, but enemies don't see Ivara at all while in Prowl or Cloak Arrow.  And since Prowl only ends if you turn it off or run out of energy, she's actually better at not being seen at all than any other frame in the game.  This includes not being seen by Stalker.

i want to mean that both are unseen, but probably i put the sentence in the same way i'll put in in italian, so it probably sound strange

neither loki can be seen by the stalker, untill he casts dispel, and the same is for ivara i think (or at least, it should work the same)

Edited by Fiftycentis

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Stalker can't dispel Cloak Arrow.  Hehe.  

oh, didn't know that, but idc, the only time i found the stalker he don't drop anything, or he drop dread, or he's stuck in some place and after he dies the loot is lost (happened twice in the derelict room where you move on the trees)

Do more assassinations of bosses, and he'll come after you quite often.  Well it's been that way for me.  It's how I got good at killing him.  

I think DE might have given a buff to his drops.  Yesterday he dropped both Hate and Blind Justice.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

33 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Do more assassinations of bosses, and he'll come after you quite often.  Well it's been that way for me.  It's how I got good at killing him.  

I think DE might have given a buff to his drops.  Yesterday he dropped both Hate and Blind Justus.  

i'm missing hate and despairs, still, i'm always at full of marks with him

20 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Her pickpocket ability alerts enemies to her presence.  In tight quarters that ability can cause the enemy to be alerted to her presence, but won't actually see her.  As with Loki, if he doesn't attack, he never alerts the enemy.

1 minute ago, HunRii said:

Her pickpocket ability alerts enemies to her presence.  In tight quarters that ability can cause the enemy to be alerted to her presence

That is just untrue.  I know this for a fact.  Pickpocket in Prowl has never alerted enemies while I've been playing Ivara for the past year. 

1 hour ago, HunRii said:

Her pickpocket ability alerts enemies to her presence.  In tight quarters that ability can cause the enemy to be alerted to her presence

if you play loki is the same, when you touch them they enter in a warning state, they don't know where you are, but they know that something touched them, same with ivara if you walk to close while pickpocketing

28 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

if you play loki is the same, when you touch them they enter in a warning state, they don't know where you are, but they know that something touched them, same with ivara if you walk to close while pickpocketing

Ivara doesn't have to touch the enemy for Prowl to pickpocket them.  It does it from range.  A range that which is about 5 meters depending on the range stat.  This is even without using Sleep Arrow. 

1 hour ago, HunRii said:

As with Loki, if he doesn't attack, he never alerts the enemy.

Thanks to sleep Arrow, Ivara doesn't have that problem and can attack without enemy being alerted.  Equinox can also do this.

Both of you seem to be under some weird impressions that are quite erroneous.   

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Ivara doesn't have to touch the enemy for Prowl to pickpocket them.  It does it from range.  A range that which is about 5 meters depending on the range stat.  This is even without using Sleep Arrow. 

i know ivara don't need to touch the enemies to pickpocket, but you may hit one accidentally, but you can do it also with loki, there's no difference in the 2 sthealth other than the way they use energy