Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want another difficult to acquire clan weapon....

Hypernaut1

Despite all the backlash DE got for the hema requirements, I thought it was cool and gave my (ghost) clan a long term goal that took us about 3 months to accomplish.

I don't think they should all take months to complete, but I find some long term clan farm goals to be fun.

Anyone else find that researching hema was a positive clanship building activity?

Edited by Hypernaut1

Hm... I don't know what to say. I hated the Hema grind, but on the bright side it did force me to go in more missions with my clan, and these missions taken to the limit of our capabilities and strenthening our bond as clanmates, by working together towards a common, difficult goal. I guess I don't want it, but it's not entirely bad either if that were to come true. 

Yes, for any salty player raging at what I said, I am the glass half-full kind of guy, don't waste time on it. 

Kudos to all, fellow Tenno!

21 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Despite all the backlash DE got for the hema requirements, I thought it was cool and gave my (ghost) clan a long term goal that took us about 3 months to accomplish.

I don't think they should all take months to complete, but I find some long term clan farm goals to be fun.

Anyone else find that researching hema was a positive clanship building activity?

Just run dude. RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK

I'm gonna hold them I'm gonna cheer for them to take you down and personally hand torches with pitchforks.

Edited by Teloch

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Nope.

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I find some long term clan farm goals to be fun.

Does 170 nitain, 35'000 oxium and 750 mutagen mass (not samples) for ghost clan sound fun enough?

this could work for your ghost clan... but becomes annoying for Tempest size and above, since the only place that we can farm is Derelict (since DE doesn't care about Eris's drop chance)... and most of the active players on my clan doesn't have any reason to go there

we still need 32.800 mutagen samples... and almost half of it was done by myself... we could end this already if was equivalent amount on mutagen mass  (that means, 5k mass, instead of 50k samples) because we can craft and earn by doing infested invasions

and remember: Derelict doesn't have any public groups because we only can access by using keys, instead of Eris that could go on Public

Edited by Zeyez
Doing the same actions, over and over again, expecting the results to change... damn RNG, i'm insane

13 minutes ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

how bout you stop trying to turn this game into a job and just have fun like a normal person?

Job? The game is about farming. I didn't see it as a job. It was just a niche weapon that my clan farmed for whenever we felt like it. We never tried to rush it, never got stressed about it.

It was just cool to update each other on our progress. Sometimes members would be proud to say "I just donated 300 today"

It truly wasnt that big of a deal. 

And I'm only asking for a niche weapon here and there, definitely not for all research to be that way

Edited by Hypernaut1

Hema costs is what drove our moon clan apart.

We split the clan into mountain clans, with the more active members on one, and there we would grind and grind and grind. We are at 82k mutagen samples. Progress is slow.

We consider throwing half of the members that didn't leave out so we can downsize, get the hema bp, and then start recruiting again. Because we don't want to "dump" our clanmembers, we gotta split up into storm clans... last time that happened we lost about 70% of our active playerbase.

Please, this might have been a good teambuilding effort towards a ghost clan, but for us it is a nightmare that never finishes.

So:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL NOOO TO THE NOOO NO NO

17 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Just run dude. RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK

I'm gonna hold them I'm gonna cheer for them to take you down and personally hand torches with pitchforks.

Don't need the torch when you have FLAMING PITCHFORKS

You smaller clans don't understand how stupid it is to base resource cost/event score off the member cap instead of actual number of active players. Name me a full mountain/moon clan that's 100% active. Go ahead. The fact that in the Kavor event less than 10 mountain clan got the second tier reward while 50+ gets the third tier reward is ridiculous.

And they didn't even touch Eris' broken mutagen sample drop rates. Hema was really badly handled no matter how you look at it, what with them intentionally making you farm a specific mission even though they removed certain affinity farm nodes for the same reason.

Edited by TotallyLagging

25 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

For a Ghost clan, sure. For big clans, like Moons, there's no guarantee that everyone can pull their fair share and no way to enforce that everyone does it. Which means that our build requirements are not only a hundred times more than yours, we also have the possibility for large numbers of people not to even contribute, thereby massively increasing the work everyone else has to pull. There's no way to ensure that every single person throws their bit at it.

I could have personally funded your Ghost clan's Hema research with several thousand samples left over, but making up for potentially hundreds of people not doing their part is just insane

Being a tight-knit group of friends who enjoy farming for something together is all well and good, but it's really difficult to reward - or even encourage - for groups of around a thousand people to do the same. Let alone do it for as much farming as Hema required. 

In short: Requiring clan-wide effort is fine, but only if it's a small clan. Big clans have a much harder time organizing and getting everyone to work for the same goal. At any given time, there's people I chat with in my clan that have been playing less than a week who don't have any clue what lies past early star chart, let alone farm for days in content they couldn't begin to imagine how they'd prepare for it.

Is it reasonable in any way to expect every person in a clan to pull a certain amount of weight, regardless of their actual ability to do so? I should think not.

39 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Nope...it basically fell on about 6 of us with boosters to do and that's with a clan with nearly 30 members....as with most clan research it seems to fall on a 'select few' to put in the resources.   Not to mention we actually reduced our clan size to make it more manageable.... The best thing though about the hema is that I pretty much levelled it and stuck in the 'mr fodder' pile, which by the lack of seeing it in game seems like what a lot of others have done too...

Now the thing is the amounts required, 15k in the case of a shadow clan, wasn't the issue but the resource, mutagen samples, was because it just don't drop as well as any other resource in game even if you go specifically farm in derelict which in itself was made harder because derelict doesn't have public groups so it's solo or invite only. 

Mind you the dev's seem to be on an oxium push with the last few weapons so and thats not exactly much better. 

Edited by LSG501

41 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Long term goal is a 'OK' from me, as long as a cosmetics. (nt frame/weapon/parts/etc)

Last line, there's a saying, not all players 'live' in the game, they have their own life to attend to.

Edited by low1991

1 minute ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

I am glad this topic has been brought up so DE can be reminded to not even think about another hard grindwall like the hema again.

Really? You think, for a second, that they won't give us another one? After the Vauban Prime travesty, people said "oh, DE definitely learned that horrendous grind is not a good thing for players", then lo and behold: Hema. Something far worse than Booben P. 

I have zero doubt we'll get another before too long, though I don't think it'll be as bad as Hema was.

I will make this disclaimer- I only speak for GHOST CLAN requirements. I can't speak for how the scaling affected larger clans.

As a ghost clan, 4/5 active members were more than enough to complete it in a few months without much stress.

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Really? You think, for a second, that they won't give us another one? After the Vauban Prime travesty, people said "oh, DE definitely learned that horrendous grind is not a good thing for players", then lo and behold: Hema. Something far worse than Booben P. 

I have zero doubt we'll get another before too long, though I don't think it'll be as bad as Hema was.

true, lets not forget they also cried about people only farming one place and then made us have to do that very same thing in a key locked mission anyways.

49 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Not at all.

We had members lying about how much they put in.  We had members quit because we asked them to help out.  It fell to about 3 of us to do the majority of farming (Shadow Clan) and I ended up farming and putting in about 50% (I put in around 7400) of the mutagen samples.  It was not fun, at all.