Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream96_1080p.jpg
WE’RE BACK! 

Join us this Friday, July 28th for Devstream #96 – our first appearance since TennoCon 2017!   

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Geoff and Scott! 

What:  The last time you saw us was at TennoCon 2017 where we surprised you all with the Plains of Eidolon announcement! Devstream #96 is going to dive into more detail about what you saw in the gameplay demo and revisit Cetus and the Plains. 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, July 28th at 2 p.m ET!  

If you have questions about the Plains of Eidolon, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on July 28th!  We are also interested in what your reaction was to the reveals! 

• Like 22

Reaction to Plains of Eidolon 

Lots of interesting things, looking forward to it. Hoping Hok's Anvil will have more parts and stance categories. Looked like a lot of forward curved or serrated blades, hoping for some straight, smooth blades and back curved blades and heavy sword and sword and shield categories. 

DevStream Questions

1. What improvements are planned to retain veterans after they've acquired all the loot they want? Gameplay needs more interactivity, less bullet sponge and knockdown spam. Getting loot shouldn't be the only reason to do anything (returning to reworked tilesets, it should just be fun to return, not arg I have to return because they put a piece of loot there but otherwise I wouldn't). I may be burning out again…
    2. Would it be possible to use a skin to customize a sword and shield's sword keeping the shield from the stock appearance or the shield from a sword and shield skin? I'd love it if I could use the Frysta sword skin with an Aegis Prime shield. 
    3. Like the DotD Silva & Aegis skin has the skull thing, would it be possible to apply a sigil or emblem to a sword and shield weapon?
    4. Would it be possible to apply sigils and emblems to our Archwings? Instead of front and back, sigils could be top of left and right wings.
    5. Original shoulder armor option on the rest of the primes that have shoulder armor? Primes of Banshee, Oberon, etc?   (Thanks for getting Volt!)
    6. No shoulder armor option for every original and Prime frame with shoulder armor? Or do they need a deluxe skin first?
        a. Original Oberon has had this since Feyarch
        b. Frost Prime has it as of Harka
        c. but NOT Banshee Prime with Soprano (last I checked anyway)
    7. Can there be a chance after an Earth mission for the rodent shown in Devstream 93 to hitchhike its way onto your orbiter and run around, make noises, get chased, played with, or eaten by your pet, and have Ordis complain about it? Could remove or prevent rodent infestation with a crafted trap or something.
    8. Will ancient and scorpion hooks ever be fixed? Currently they pull off a lot of impossible things. Hitting targets behind them, behind solid cover, targets that change direction after the throw animation, and can throw hooks at Tenno they have never been aware of while they are blinded.
    9. A new ingame way to get Dual Ether Daggers

Edited by Kinetos
  • Like 3

From how far can we see and enemy and what is the current maximum sight range of an enemy unit atm in development? Would like to Snipe from as far away as possible.

Will the distance of the sniper away from the target mean its treated as silent?

Edited by Airwolfen
itteration and extra question

Why Open World?

This seems to stray away from everything you've been working toward.

Edit: To provide some clarity, it seems like the open world is being tacked on with the current mission system which seems, at best, like it's just going to be an open world landscape. This seems to steer away from what you've been doing for years, and instead of a new ambitious area I would have rather seen the current missions and landscapes remodeled to accompany our current movement system, instead of having us work around the old map design with the current movement system.

Edited by JSharpie

- The normal Snipetron, Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal. Anything planned for bringing back these weapons?
- Any news on Hydroid's rework?
- Looking currently at your foundry, at the moment we have a counter of how many forma we have on each equipment, would it be possible to also have a way to see if that equipment has an orokin catalyst or reactor on it? This would also be cool to have in the Inventory, especially because if we have 2 of the same weapon and we want to sell one for example, it's impossible to tell which has forma/potato and which doesn't.
- Also any news or progress on the next Deluxe Skin?
- Is there anything planned for Riven Mods, or is it done now that Melee rivens are out?
- About that Stalker mode shown on Tenno Con and also on a Prime Time stream, have you guys considered putting that into the game? It really looked like fun.
- Any new event/operation planned for the summer?
- Clan kingpin system, is it coming soonish or later this year?

Happy to see you all on the couch again :D

Edited by Bl4zko
  • Like 2

We're back to normal schedule, yay!

Since I'm pretty sure the rest of Tenno folks will be asking lots of interesting questions about the upcoming stuff you revealed, all I want to ask is:

• Is there any chance we can see relics for Nami Solo and/or Skyla Solo Primes, the same way Lex Prime or Burston Prime were introduced out of Prime Access rotation? Otherwise the next machete is Gazal, which seems best paired on Inaros!
  • Talking on Prime Access, we're still missing Archwing Prime stuff besides the Odonata, and we're soon going to have modular weapons and Operator Armor. Can we expect new ways to farm Prime stuff separated from the main Warframe category and Prime Access rotations? That way we can have all our gear covered in gold! :P
  • And last, any plans on shaking up how Dark Sectors themselves (not the conflicts, but the nodes) work? We just have higher level infested in the same tilesets, but I'm hoping they could feel more meaningful/integrated.

Thanks as always! :)

PS: I was hoping for Parrot Prime skin for Sentinels with Hydroid :o

Edited by NightmareT12

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?
Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

1 - How is looting going to work in the Plains ? Is the affinity range going to be increased for such a huge area ? What if someone find a really rare ressource really far away from the other tenno from the squad, do we need to go get it by ourself or is it going to work like credits, by that I mean, someone pick it up and everyone will have it at the end of the mission.

2 - How much time can we stay in the Plains ? Are things going to respawn (thank you The Stocker) or we'll just have to leave and enter the plains again ?

3 - We saw birds on Cetus & on the plains (nice shots Space Mom), is it possible to actually get those birds as companions like kubrows & kavats ? And are kavats / kubrows going to have different interactions in the plains ? Like some animal / predator instincts kicking in ? Literally hunting down things (they could follow trails thanks to there sense of smell or find specific ressources)

4 - Can we actually go visit the tower near the Cetus camp ? After seeing that there's actually 'life' inside the walls of the Orokin towers, this could be interesting to see how things are & maybe harvest / help the colony plunder the tower ? Maro system like ?

5 - As we saw during the demo, we can create our weapon, for the moment it looks like it only works with melee elements, will this system be expanded to Primary weapons / secondary weapons ? Similar to Dead Space ? And maybe expanded even more to create your own sentinel ? I honestly would love to have a cephalon like sentinel with Ordis in it by my side while slashing some grineers !

Edited by Hikaru-san
  • Like 1

Plains of Eidolon

1. Will the Plains be immediately open to everyone, regardless of MR or progression? If so, is the day/night cycle intended to be the only limitation for newer players?

2. If the weapon crafting system proves to be successful enough, might we see this be expanded to primaries and secondaries?

3. 3 square kilometers is a fairly big place. Is it possible air support might be reworked to function well in this new area, and will our ships be visible if we use it?

4. Given that the Plains will also allow the use of Archwing items, are there plans to revisit some of those or improve methods of Archwing mod acquisition and experience gain?

5. What are the immediate plans in terms of content? We know of the Eidolons, as well as Grineer patrols, but are there plans for repeatable quests or anything of the like? What's the long-term draw?

Now that Excalibur Umbra has finally been revealed to global build, what are the chances of him having different visuals on the Exalted Blade? 

Any events coming soon?

Will Operator tweaks and focus rework come along the Plains of Eidolon or The Sacrifice?

What happened to the Lua in Plains of Eidolon night time screenshots?

Will you be implementing dedicated warframe slots for arcane enhancements instead of them being on helmets and syandanas?
Also, any plans on increasing the drop rates of mutagen samples? i still need 1200 for the hema research in my dojo. 
Thanks in advance!

Will you ever remove the credit cost and deterioration aspects of using a pet compared to a sentinel which is cost and maintenance free? If you want the players to spend credits on something, consider adding pet boosters instead of having the punishing upkeep that can lead to the pet dying in worst case.

Also: Tennogen round 9, when?

Edited by Larsurus

Will we be able to swim? I know that we have sharkwing and everything, but if we can relax with activities like fishing, surely swimming wouldn't be impossible. Maybe, to scavenge for lost materials or scrap forgotten at the bottom of the rivers and lakes.

Will we ever see the return of Sunday Steve streams? if so is there any ETA? .... after Plains of Eodolon? sooner? later?

I set up a special alarm to remind me of the stream ... and for the past few Sundays it made me a bit sad everytime it went off and there was no stream to look forward to

Edited by ItsJustAScratch

Question: At Tennocon you guys said you'd give us new polearm stances, and that's great. Especially with Gundao and the new weapon crafting mechanic. But that doesn't exactly fix the polearm stances we have now. Are there any plans to add more combos to the polearm stances which we currently have, or will we need to farm a new stance to have polearms that aren't crippled compared to other melee weapons?

Reaction to Eidolon Reveal: Tentatively hyped. Looks really neat, but it will live or die by the support you guys offer and what sort of loot there is. If the loot's good it'll be popular, if not, it won't. Simple as that. Also, I sincerely hope that eidolons are soloable if you're good enough. Please don't screw over solo players like you did with raids or derelict vaults. :(