Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

• With the Hydroid rework currently in the pipes, do you already have some ideas for him?
  • With the upcoming “Plains of Eidolon”, we’ll now have a playground and gain more freedom. It would be cool to be able to walk casually, our weapons sheathed, across the land and simply enjoy the view, like we walk in the Orbiter, or Relays, or even in Cetus. Would it be possible to have this possibility? Or is it planned in the future?
  • Always about "Plains of Eidolon", will it be possible to play with our furballs? (Kubrow, Kavat, etc)
  • When the Uru Syandana cloth physics (and other clipping issues) will finally be fixed? And revert to his initial behavior, like when Nekros Prime was released.
    This issue is there for 4 months.
Edited by Seldszar

Question for the stream:

1# Since the inclusion of the Fissure system, which, at least in my opinion, made Prime part farming a lot more entertaining, it also took away most of the Void's significance gameplaywise. Are there any plans to make the Void different than any other planet any time soon (not trademarked)?

2# Are we soon going to get warframe-related quests such as The Limbo Theorem and Hidden Messages made replayable, so we can have a chance to get their respective warframes again if we delete them for one reason or another.

3# Can we expect Expansion on the dual wielding mechanic? Things such as being able to dual wield with dual secondaries(dual toxycist, aklex, etc.) by holding them like when holding a coolant cell and in general making one-handed melees(swords, daggers, whips, etc) available for dual wielding.

Edited by The_Gamentor
wanted to add another question

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream96_1080p.jpg
WE’RE BACK! 

Join us this Friday, July 28th for Devstream #96 – our first appearance since TennoCon 2017!   

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Geoff and Scott! 

What:  The last time you saw us was at TennoCon 2017 where we surprised you all with the Plains of Eidolon announcement! Devstream #96 is going to dive into more detail about what you saw in the gameplay demo and revisit Cetus and the Plains. 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, July 28th at 2 p.m ET!  

If you have questions about the Plains of Eidolon, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on July 28th!  We are also interested in what your reaction was to the reveals! 

Nice <3

I have two pretty important questions concerning Plains of Eidolon:

1) Archwing abilities (especially the Amesha) may be too powerful when combined with regular play, how will this be balanced?

2) How will obtaining loot work since there is no extraction like regular missions?

Very interested in the sandbox type environment, but am concerned about what systems this is being aimed at. Are recommended and minimum requirements going to be adjusted or are there going to be options to still be able to play Plains of Eidolon on less than current or mid-range and lower systems?

Focus:

• What's the current status of its overhaul? Is there anything that was completely changed (abilities, passives, the way you use the Focus etc.)?

Plains of Eidolon

• Will it have real-time «Alerts» that can occure while you're there? Like, you're shopping at the market and then the Lotus interrupts you with the valuable information about, say, the Grineer convoy transporting an artifact.
  • Will a Day/Night cycle be present for non Eidolon locations (Corpus Outpost, Earth, Europa)?
  • Any plans to make enemies use Flare guns not to only call the reinforcements (extra spawn) but also to highlight the area at night?
  • While it's way too soon to ask, but do you think a modular weapons system could work for guns?
  • The Kuva. Do Kuva and the Living Tower have something in common? If so, will there be an alternate to Kuva Siphon/Flood missions?

Damage 3.0 and Resistances

• If it's still a thing to be implemented, were you thinking of complete damage & resistances overhaul with the Status tied with? What I mean is some kind of local damage system with live dismemberment (thanks to Slash and Status over 100%) where each body part has its own damage multipliers and consequences of being damaged: crippling the legs or losing them would reduce enemy's speed or incapacitate him, crippling the arm would reduce his accuracy etc.

Pure Status mods

I'm talking about 15-30% Status mods (Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Sure Shot, Melee Prowess).

• Currently, the situation is way too similar to Damage 1.0 with its rainbow builds, the only difference now is, that in order to get high Status chance we have to put up to 4 dual stats mods for +240% Status-% ending up with up to 3 elemental combinations along with physical damage. There's no way it encourages modding, it's just another mandatory situation. And let's be honest the Riven system shouldn't be an excuse since it's been said we can play w/o Rivens just fine.

Turning them into Elemental counterpart (increasing energy cost up to 11 points as well as increasing Status chance up to 90%) would really encourage trying out the non-meta builds.

Shield Gate (SG)

• So, how exactly it's going to work: will it trigger when the Shield is depleted, or when it hits, say, 20% of its capacity? And what the effects are: less than a second of invincibility or Damage Reduction for excess damage that hits HP after depleting the Shield? And as a trade-off of not getting one-shotted, will there be a cooldown for SG?

Also, since we sure will get the SG, do you consider adding "Shield Recharge Delay" stat? Shield Gate is good, but it fixes only half of the problems. Fast Deflection could be the best choice for turning it into useful utility mod: +Recharge Rate & -Recharge Delay.

Slash procs ignoring Shield when it's not depleted.

• Another weakness of the Shield that currently makes them obsolete. The purpose of the Shield is, to absorb, redirect or deflect the shot stopping it from damaging your Health. But if we get hit while the Shield is not depleted, then our Shield doesn't do its job at all, does it? Will this awkward moment be addressed?

I have 2 questions.

1. Are there any plans on adding the new charged throw mechanic from secondary + glaives stance to melee only mode?

2. How is the progress coming along on Mag, Zephyr and Ember Deluxe skins?

Edited by Rob12772

I've got a couple bunch of questions for the devs on Eidolon:

Will players be able to willingly choose to enter for day/night time in Eidolon?

How will hosting work in Eidolon? P2P or dedicated host?

Will quests be per player or shared as a group? i.e. Simaris vs. Syndicate dailies.

Will any AI changes/improvements be on the way to support this new open world system?

What do the devs think Sniper weapons need to be viable in this new zone?

... How about naming/classifying the set mods showed at TennoCon as Plainswalker mods? :V

@[DE]Rebecca

I have a few questions.

1. Will we have botany added with PoE? since you guys added a ton of plants with titania, the earth tiles have a number of things that could make good collectible plants, and with the plains you have countless plants and things they could be used for.

2. Is there a ETA on the blade and whip from the contest?

3. Will we ever be able dual wield daggers with pistols?

4. Is the stalker mode intended to be used on a wide scale in game, or was it just a for fun thing for tennocon/primetime?

5. Will other syndicates get a base of operations? (Like Iron Wake)

Thanks for all the hard work, as always!

I have two questions I'd like asked on the stream

#1: Is there a chance that the challenge system will get an update? Right now the current system is okay, but sometimes you get challenges that don't work well with the current mission, like "Get 10 kills on unalerted enemies", which can be done in most missions, but it'd be nice to see the system updated, and possibly expanded, like giving players the ability to challenge friends or clan mates to custom challenges. Halo Reach had a similar system that was extremely fun to do, and it had Weekly, and daily challenges as well, could we see something similar added?

#2: How will the new weapon crafting integrate with the mastery ranking system? Like when we build a weapon, and level it, how is it going to be registered to the mastery ranking system? Is it going to be by handle/type? 

So it has been teased that an Operator/Focus rework will be arriving alongside the Plains of Eidolon.

As a player that is mere days away from finishing off the entire Focus System, I'm curious whether Convergence Orbs might be reexamined or possibly removed entirely as I struggle to see any positives they might have added to the game while they have definitely been a daily pet peeve for one and a half years.

Are those orokin towers visitable?
What is ETA on Plains of Eidolon?
How is Zephyr, Ember and Mag deluxe skins are doing?
Will we be able to make more weapon types in Hok's Anvil? Like Blade+Whip (Kusarigama), Shield+Sword/Axe and so on? Or, maybe, use our prime weapon parts?|
Will Umbra warframes become a series, like Prime?

Edited by Lalaef

Glad to see the team is back! Just a few questions from me.

1) As Umbra is finally official, we would like to know to some extent what we can expect from Umbra frames. For instance, are they gonna have completely different abilities to the prime and regular counterparts.  

2) Will all umbra frames be obtainable though quests or is the quest just for Excalibur Umbra being as that he is the first frame to have an Umbra variant in the global build? 

3) How often will umbra variants of frames be released since not all frames will have an Umbra variant?

4) As PoE is set to be live sometime near the end of summer, how far away would the next cinematic quest be along the timeline?

4) Since there will be a feature to build Operator gear along with the PoE update, would those crafted Operator gear influence how our Operator behaves as in have an impact on their focus abilities or regular abilities or as they surely cosmetic?

5) On a side note, seeing as that PoE is set to be live at the end of summer, will there be any new content or events coming sometime between now and the PoE update? (just for curiosities sake 😜)

Finally, thanks for all the interesting stuff and new content introduced into the game. Tennocon 2017 was quite amazing and looking forward to next year's convention. Really appreciate the effort and keep making Warframe awesome!

Ok, so

1. Will there be a quest of some kind to introduce the new Cetus and the Plains?

2. What MR & Warframe Level, will we need in-order to use the  Cetus and the Plains. (Will it be like sorties, where you can only take level 30 gear?)

3. When it turns to night-time, how will the new players or vets, be warned of this?, will they be kicked out, if they are not a higher level MR, or not done the quest?, how does the night & day work.  

4. Can new players still use the  Cetus, but simply not be allowed to go out at night?

5. Pink Shorts?

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream96_1080p.jpg
WE’RE BACK! 

Join us this Friday, July 28th for Devstream #96 – our first appearance since TennoCon 2017!   

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Geoff and Scott! 

What:  The last time you saw us was at TennoCon 2017 where we surprised you all with the Plains of Eidolon announcement! Devstream #96 is going to dive into more detail about what you saw in the gameplay demo and revisit Cetus and the Plains. 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, July 28th at 2 p.m ET!  

If you have questions about the Plains of Eidolon, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on July 28th!  We are also interested in what your reaction was to the reveals! 

Hi, @[DE]Rebecca. I was really excited about Plains of Eidolon because open world is something I've been requesting for a while now. I think Warframe has the potential to be AAA quality, and I think open world is the way towards that. I think that open world is the way for Warframe to become a fuller, more engaging, more immersive gameplay experience.

That said, I want to know just how open and just how much of a world Plains of Eidolon will be. I think that there are certain things an open world needs to truly be successful, and I made a lengthy thread about a week ago here: 

To be brief, I think the Plains of Eidolon need to be alive, interactive, and immersive. So, @[DE]Steve, I have some questions regarding the Plains:

Will there be roving Grineer foot and air patrols (Dargyns and Ogmas)?

Will there be Grineer convoys moving around the Plains that serve as dynamic side missions?

Will there be Ostron settlers in the Plains doing things like fishing and hunting?

Will there be different-sized Grineer military bases in the Plains (combat outposts, forward operating bases, and forts)?

Will there be a friendly oppositional force to the Grineer (such as Steel Meridian and New Loka) fighting them in the Plains?

Will there be any kind of reinforcements system in the Plains (where Grineer will call for foot and air reinforcements to assist them)

Will there be any kind of alert/notoriety system in the Plains (such as the notoriety system in the AC games or the Unidad alert system in Ghost Recon Wildlands)?

Will there be non-archwing vehicles (Dargyns and Ogmas to start) that we can hop into and pilot in the Plains?

Will there be whole weapons and weapon parts that we can find in the environment?

Will there be a rarity tier to weapon parts that we find in the environment (e.g. Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary)?

Will contract and side missions be multi-objective (a la MOH: Airborne's multi-objective mission structure)?

Will we be able to use our sentinels, and possibly even kubrows/kavats, as reconnaissance drones to recon an area?

Will we be able to use our scanners as binoculars to identify capture/assassination targets?

Will we be seeing an improvement to base movement animations (motion capture to make them smoother and more realistic) in order to improve the feel of free roam before or with PoE's launch?

Will we see any expansion of base gameplay mechanics (such as going prone, having night vision, and using grenades)?

What open world games have you drawn inspiration from when it comes to designing Plains of Eidolon? Have you considered drawing inspiration from games such as Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid V, and/or Ghost Recon Wildlands? I think these games (especially GRW and MGSV) have features that would be good for Plains of Eidolon and future open landscapes.

I ask all of these things because I think some form of all of these things is going to make or break Plains of Eidolon for me. If Plains of Eidolon doesn't feel alive and interactive and open and immersive, then it's going to be dull, and then it ultimately won't be successful. So I just want to know if any of these sorts of features are being included, and if not, if you are open to including such features in Plains of Eidolon at launch or shortly after.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Will we ever have the ability to transfer stat boosts from arcane helmets to standard helmets?

I really want to buy and use the Arrester Tennogen helmet for Volt, but I just can't justify losing out on the extra power strength given by the Arcane Storm Helmet.

Perhaps we could melt the arcane helmet down and it would give the player a special arcane item that only works on helmets for the same Warframe?

Thanks for all your hard work on the game. Looking forward to PoE. :smile:

Obviously, when can we expect see PoE released ? Just a little date .. and/or The Sacrifice ? It will be like the release of Titania, I mean at the end of August ?

And for Ember Deluxe / Zephyr Deluxe / The Sentient Arm-Weapon ?