Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

At this point, after 4 years on this game, i have lost any faith of any of my questions being answered or even viewed.

But for what is worth..

Will we have dedicated servers of sorts when entering on big hubs and open world areas like the soon to come Plains of Eidolon? 

Will it be a 4 player match up? or something bigger? As in, no offense, but being limited to 4 people, really breaks the whole freedom to road/ immersive you'd expect on a open world space.

If limited, how would missions/quests given by the npcs there, work? Example if a friend of mine is in a mission and i am on a different mission, who does the lotus pay attention to? Who drives the team?

Just wondering if we could have all our companions free roam the ship? At this point in the games life it's unnecessary to have to pay 10k every time I want to swap from kavat to kavat, kavat to kubrow, vice-versa or kubrow to kubrow. Just in that example, excluding the last switch, I would have had to have spent 30k credits. Including the last switch I would have had to have spent a total 50k credits. That is the equivalent of one to two Sortie mission credit rewards.

The current system for companions already has the structure to make it viable from a player stand-point as an upgraded incubator has the following effects:

Reduces daily DNA degradation from 10% to 5%

Six-Pack of DNA Stabilizers last for 48 days

Costs 75k Credits

Companions are placed into stasis if they become mortally ill

While I understand that this may make things cramped and messy inside the ship, an easy solution is to have the companions free roam inside operator's room and have only the active companion follow you throughout the rest of the ship.

Can we also get Focus added to the arsenal as a loadout selection? I find that, again, at this point in the games life it's unnecessary to have continuously swap at the operators room. We can add and replace lens in the arsenal, so why not just let us select and save our preferred Focus into our arsenal loadouts?

I do have a few questions.

• As someone asked in this thread; what will be the site range with such a wide open area? It seems as though snipers and bows have found a better niche here with greater distance between you and your enemies.
  • Will there be a chance to find Kuva Siphons in the plains as a random spawn?
  • Will there be any changes made to loot/enemy detect mods? It seems like warframes modded for a larger range on this may help find hidden camps and the like.
  • How will the introduction of the plains effect the other world's nodes? I know I use earth as a somewhat easy riven unveiling planet whenever possible, so my concern is some of the other planet's missions may be eliminated.
  • I am also curious as to how exactly the weapon creation will work eg:
    • how will it effect mastery rank seeing as how with what was shown there are about 216 different weapon combinations that can be made?
    • will they take catalysts
    • will they be subject to riven mods somehow while still having the unique names
    • will each different weapon combination be a different disposition
    • will each weapon be modded the same as the rest of the melee weapons
  • Will there be a way to track affinity gained while on the plains? I plan on attempting to level archwings here as it seems like a better alternative to the slog it is now
Edited by (XB1)Yin Fox

The forum has been seeing an increasing number of posts about game performance (primarily toasters) and most of us can see that the currently listed minimum specs for the game is based off 10 year old pc hardware which is in a lot of players opinions out of date and too low to play warframe smoothly.  From watching the tennocon stream PoE it appears to be something that will likely require more pc resources than the current levels so can you tell us what you're seeing as or aiming for as the minimum realistic pc spec to run the game smoothly once PoE arrives. 

Kind of linking to the above can we get a toggle in settings or some built in code to stop toasters being hosts, especially on PoE, because it really ruins the gaming experience when you get hosts, which were fine when there's nothing happening, ending up with massive pings due to their pc's struggling to keep up with everything that is going on in the game. 

Are the new customisable weapons going to get their own slots or be added into the weapons slots?

Will we be able to dismantle custom weapons and use parts in another one or will we need to farm for each new weapon?

It's been mentioned you are looking to limit archwing flight times, are we likely to see alternative transportation, such as a hoverbike or hoverboard, or even be able to steal grineer hoverbikes?

Edited by LSG501

So PoE is probably the first time I've been excited for archwing... since archwing came out. But diving back into archwing missions to try to grind a decent collection of mods, let alone make it ready to fight giant killer robots sounds like a huge drag. We have areas like Uranus and the Kuva Fort that let you use your archwing a little bit, but your not going to actually make any gains in your archwings strength playing those maps. Any chance we could have affinity split between your gear and your archwing on those maps, and add archwing mod drops to the regular enemy's running around in those areas? Blasting things on the kuva fort sounds way more exciting then running the same archwing mission again and again. 

32 minutes ago, Liantedan said:

I'm still not sure that's a good thing for us.

It just means other factions will get more information on how our 'frames and tech in general works, and get their equipment closer to ours. If that persists, they'd end up with equipment on par with ours - and eventually even better, perhaps - which would prevent us from doing our job of enforcing the balance - since we won't be the superior power anymore. All this does is enable others to be able to kill us faster in the long run, in exchange for giving us a minor short-term boost. It makes no sense for the Lotus to encourage this.

u do know that the ONLY way for a warframe to wich is if an operator is there,also the corpus know how the warframe works soo its not a big deal.

I have a few questions as well, a couple of which are dojo related.

1.  Since the Dark Sector armistice has been in effect, some clans (and even more specifically newer clans) are not able to complete research in the Orokin Lab.  Would it be possible for the development team to allow us to still be able to complete research for these items (specters, rails, etc.) under this armistice but not let us buy their blueprints upon research completion?

2. With the addition of many new enemies to the game, I think would be nice to expand the available dojo colors and add a few more dojo color options for us to research.  Would the development team be open to the idea of adding more researchable dojo colors once your work on PoE and The Sacrifice are completed?

3. With the ability to use archwing in PoE, it makes sense that we wouldn't be able to use standard archguns or archmelee due to the fact that space made such heavy objects easier to wield.  In addition to using our regular weapons, would it be possible for us to have a special subclass of archguns and archmelee that can be used in both space and on Earth? I think this would be a good way of getting some more archwing gear into the game.  (Also, Itzal Prime when?)

4. Continuing on the archwing subject, will we be seeing an augment for Amesha anytime soon?

5. During the demo, it was shown that you can create your own weapon, which I think is fantastic.  Will you be able to gain mastery for each class of melee weapon created (polearm, machete, longsword, etc)?

6. When it comes to fighting the sentient enemy teased at the end of the PoE trailer, will we be able to use our archwings (and their abilities) while trying to take it down? Or will it be a warframe only kind of battle?

Many thanks in advance if any of these questions are addressed during the devstream!

Edited by mathsmagician

When it comes to my reaction to Plains of Eidolon I think it's nice addition to the game. It didn't made my jump up and down but it sure surprised me. It's what the game needed. And fishing what can be better than fishing? Fishing at night!
I have just one question towards it how will enemies scale on plains?
Devstream questions:
1. Just to sate my curiosity. What builds does the devs use on their favorite warframes?
2. What are your favorite sets of weapons and warframes?
3. Will we ever get a token system for sorties? It would be nice to see system that allows us to choose prices from the pool.
4. Will warframe in future have some sort of auction house or something like that? I know we have maroo's bazar but I'm thinking of someplace where we could make offers for everyone to see without it missing after half a second like on trade chat.

PS. [DE]Rebecca nice discord avatar.

38 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

At this point, after 4 years on this game, i have lost any faith of any of my questions being answered or even viewed.

But for what is worth..

Will we have dedicated servers of sorts when entering on big hubs and open world areas like the soon to come Plains of Eidolon? 

Will it be a 4 player match up? or something bigger? As in, no offense, but being limited to 4 people, really breaks the whole freedom to road/ immersive you'd expect on a open world space.

If limited, how would missions/quests given by the npcs there, work? Example if a friend of mine is in a mission and i am on a different mission, who does the lotus pay attention to? Who drives the team?

They said they plan for it to be 4. Future open worlds if this one is popular may be more, but so far 4 doesn't seem like a problem.

1- Will all the planets have an open world?

2- Is the open world a replacement for missions that are commonly done?

3- The manufacture of weapons, ¿are they going to be made by components already acquired in the game before the update or with components that are only obtained in the open world?

4- Will all warframes have their "type" umbra?

Edited by Rodreh

6 hours ago, Kinetos said:

8. Will ancient and scorpion hooks ever be fixed? Currently they pull off a lot of impossible things. Hitting targets behind them, behind solid cover, targets that change direction after the throw animation, and can throw hooks at Tenno they have never been aware of while they are blinded.

this! its such a bad look (and so goddam irritating) and i always wander when it will get fixed!

Recent changes to the Simulacrum and Captura systems have made a lot of their features overlap. Do you think it would be a good idea to fuse the two into one?

The features you've been developing for them: multiplayer, friendly fire, enemy spawning, AI pausing-- they're the same systems. The differences between them are so minor: the simulacrum lacks time/camera controls and different scenery, Captura lacks numbers and Health/Energy/Ammo refills.

Just now, Worldbrand said:

Recent changes to the Simulacrum and Captura systems have made a lot of their features overlap. Do you think it would be a good idea to fuse the two into one?

The features you've been developing for them: multiplayer, friendly fire, enemy spawning, AI pausing-- they're the same systems. The differences between them are so minor: the simulacrum lacks time/camera controls and different scenery, Captura lacks numbers and Health/Energy/Ammo refills.

yea i think simulcrum and captura should be accessible from a single console on our ship. possibly from the codex console, if its too much work making a new one

Well to keep this as short as I can I am gonna say that when you revealed Plains of Eidolon my jaw was on the ground and I was holding my head and being like "WHAT?!".

Questions:

1. Where do the Eidolons go when the sun rises? Do they just walk right back into the same body of water they came from (and take a bath)?

2. Do the weapons made at Hok's anvil have already pre determend polarities or are they random or do the pieces affect the polarites?

3. Will resource boosters work on fish?

4. Since there is gonna be a "Build a Meele" place in Cetus then will there ever be a "Build a Primary/Secondary" place and maybe a "Build a Moa(/Sentinel)" place in Cetus or on another planet (for example Jupiter or on another Corpus planet)?

5. If this goes well and you make more "Landscape" areas on other planets then will the other planets have a little Marketplace like Cetus too or will there be something else there? Like a Cinema perhaps? Us Tenno need to sometimes just WarFlix and Chill.

Also:

6. What happend to the Sentient arm things? Will the "Power Arms" come whit Plains of Eidolon?

Edited by Olnin

Hi All,

I have an idea. Dragon Keys give us some cool handicaps that allow veterans to test their skill alongside other players. Other than unlocking Orokin vaults maybe there can be another use. How about when a Dragon Key is equipped your drop rates are improved during fissure missions. Not by a lot but enough to make people use them often. The key gets consumed for each relic opened or something like that. Or if you use it in a standard mission enemies are more likely to drop rarer items from their tables. Anyway its just a thought.

Thank you all for the hard work.

I'm very excited about the open word aspect.

My questions Focus mainly on melee combat and weapon creation.

With the weapon creation, will I be able to create more powerful weapons having a higher Mastery Rank and will these weapons be comparable to Prime in terms of strength and can you use the same stance mods?

Example: If I create a one-handed sword and I use a nikana stance on it will it function as a katana in terms of combos and animations/grip Style or is it a basic stance for all created weapons?

Any chance on creating fists and feet weapons in the weapon creation system? I like to punch and kick

Any chance of me Gathering another Prime nikana, and creating a dual-wielded prime nikana, please? 😅😘

Like Tenshin's Nikana set?

Or maybe a dual handed melee system with two single-handed weapons in each hand and two different setups on mods on each one?

Well, that last question sounds greedy..😁

Any plans on revisiting pets? Namely the way they melt over time, the extremely high upkeep cost (especially for new players), and the long wait times to be able to switch pets. At the moment there's not really much more incentive to use pets over Sentinels, with Sentinels being much more convenient, no upkeep costs, can switch between them instantaneously, and having vacuum. 

Though I'd love having vacuum on my pets as well, I feel they need a QoL overhaul more.

Edited by HappyPrime
Autocorrect is the best.

Is there any plan to keep adding stuff to daily login rewards? I know a lot of people are not too trilled at the idea of content being locked behind a daily time gate, but i for one actually really like showing that i have been here for a long time with the login weapons/sigils. Maybe some special armor set?

It could also technically be used to show new players that said player is there since a long time if they have questions.(A little bit Ala guide of the Lotus kind of)

Also, how is the next event that was teased before coming along? Any ETA possible?

Edited by Onlyhavok