Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

Eons ago, players asked for a way to craft rare resources.
These were eventually implemented, sold for 100p each, and added as a possible reward for LoR nm.
And there was much rejoicing.
Until the players saw the crafting costs.

Inquisitive minds want to know:
How many rare resources have actually been crafted using the Blueprints, since they were implemented?

1) Are Eximus Strongpoints still in the works, or are we seeing locational damage reduction, as with Ambulas, Nox?
How is this different from the mechanic of headshots/critical volumes, aside from the soft-nerfing of player damage?
If it's not different, why wasn't that mechanic re-looked at?
(Weak points is a misnomer. You hit a thing somewhere, and something happens. You hit a weak point and something catastrophic happens.
Compare and contrast with a strongpoint (fortification) - until you deal with it, you can't advance, a.k.a.nothing happens.)

2) Can Stealth finishers get a QoL/Ease of use- pass?
* Controls for repeated Stealth finishers are clunky and leave you fully visible while removing player control.
* The animations that exist are vulnerability/visibility-inducing due to teleportation and superfulous flourishes. Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.
* Elevations break them, facing can be finicky, and swathes of creatures don't even have animations or code hooks for them.
Using one every so often is fine, but using them in sequence (e.g. sleeping or blinding an enemy group) - and especially if you're going "legit" stealth (i.e. not invis) is very clunky.

2b) Also, can they be given a different keybind than melee?
Speaking of "legit" stealth and finicky facing, I'd rather not accidentally poke the Bombard I'm trying to sneak up on and shank, ya know?

3) How do you feel about the various frame reworks? Are they all in a good place? Do some still need some (fine-)tuning?

3b) Speaking of frame reworks... Has Hydroid been given any thought yet? There've been a bunch of 'Post Oberon, Hydroid's coming!' feedback threads here and on Reddit.

4) Has Steve given any further thought/reconsideration to disconnecting (or not disconnecting) cosmetics and gameplay?
If not, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?

4b) Also, any UI addition/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?
After all, it is a part of your loadout.

5) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)
5b) Also, Why don't Excavators eHP scale? Is there a technical issue forcing Excavators this? or some other consideration?

6) Given that the Knell exists, what's your stance on letting the Dual Toxocyst's buff refresh while active?

7) Any thoughts on the current state of weapon and Warframe augments?
7b) Is the fact that no changes were made to the batch of weapon augments which previewed with Ambulas Reborn an intentional decision, or a product of work going elsewhere in support of your 'new stuff new stuff!' work philosophy - and they'll be "gotten to Soon™"?

8) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?
8b) Actually, backtrack a bit: What do you consider to be 'bandaid's?

9) Could we hear a few words on why someone decided that snipers need sway and - much more importantly - a noscope accuracy penalty? They already don't benefit from the scope bonus.

Further, any chance that the scope bonus could not scale with zoom level? I've literally had enemies spawn in at 10m away, which makes trying to use x5 - let alone x12 - zoom absolutely ridiculous.

Alternatively, are there any particular pros or cons to  shortening the transition delay so quickscoping is possible?

10) With the implementation of Dual Wielding for thrown melee, should we expect melee-mode thrown melee mechanics to also get some updating work?
10b) When Dual Wield was being previewed on Devstream, Rebecca showed pistol+machete.
Is the fact that only solo secondary + Thrown had been implemented indicative of a staged rollout, or has the philosophy changed?

10c) Speaking of Dual Wielding: According to my profile, Glaive Prime is my 2nd most used melee, at 11.8% usage and 58.7m exp (12k kills).
I've tried many mod setups, combat situations, etc. and in all that time I could swear I've seen bounces actually hit something in less than a dozen instances.
Are the bounces working? And as intended? Could it possibly be looked at?
Please? :kubroweyes:

11) Since Damage 3.0 / Mods 2.5 isn't happening - what's to be of the pure (OG) status mods? Sure Shot, Shotgun Savvy, Stunning Speed, etc.

12) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

12b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

13) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter, or at least the bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation, or how staggers work in Lunaro, now.

14) I don't expect Banshee's passive to change, sadly, so:
Since Silence isn't actually 'Silence' so much as 'Deafen', and Banshee has innate weapon silencing for a passive. Any thoughts on changing Silence? Possibly into its PvP/Malice version?

15) The Silver Grove update brought a new batch of auras, the first ever additions.
Do you feel they're serving their purpose? And the Aura 'system' as a whole?
Is anything planned for it?

16) Pablo: Any chance of a 'clipboard' (as in 'copy to/from clipboard') for colors?
Copy Warframe colors is good, but sometimes I (for instance) want to fit the frame to something else. Or I change my look, don't like it and want to change back.

Edited by Chroia
Editor REALLY doesn't like spoiler tags, apparently
  • Like 2

Question about "Operator Only" content (missions/modes/etc.). Sheldon said to ask about it on next Devstream :3

UPD: Will you look into doing something with riven drop problem? It feels unfair when someone gets 10 rivens in a row and other one get same quantity of some crap in the same row.

Edited by FollowTheFaceless

Is there any chance we could get this in the future:

As for Plains of Eidolon questions:

- How are you planning to make the open world not be the most boring thing in the world? In most open world games, the world is so boring and dead, that I don't particularly feel excited about Plains of Eidolon. In most open world games, the enemies and world is not alive, as in, the characters and enemies have a predefined area that they stick to, which is rather small, and usually doesn't overlap, not to mention that if it does, it usually doesn't result in interactions. Will that be the case with Plains of Eidolon?

- Since the Water on Earth is what makes the game run terribly on the majority of systems, and since Plains of Eidolon seems to have a lot more water than Earth's tile sets currently do, will water be optimized further, or should we expect a mandatory PC upgrade with PoE?

- How many different combinations of weapons are possible with the new weapon making system, how will that affect the Rivens, and how are you planning to keep them balanced but still give players incentive to use them?

- Will all NPC quests in PoE be fetch quests?

Will we be able to hide in bushes to sneak up on the enemies?  Also can the damage cap be removed from Volt's Discharge? It makes no sense that his damage and ability to CC is limited like this as other frames are not. 

Edited by Hidaru.

Hello!

Considering that this devstream is pretty likely to be a follow up on Tennocon, I have questions on stuff that I discussed with devs on Tennocon:

Question for Steve: We talked about a ‘constellation’ sigil that would be dynamic and change appearance based on the forma invested in the player’s equipment. Is that something you would like to implement in the game at some point?

Question for Rebecca: I have sent you the recipe for these cakes I baked you, I have received no confirmation from your side. I assume you were very busy lately, but I was wondering if you did receive it. I’m hoping I didn’t get the email address wrong.

Question for anyone: Will syndicates offer parts for the modular weapon system? That way we can create some unholy Sancti-Rakta-Synoid abomination?

Since the map is a lot more open than usual, will there be options or certain points of the day (like the night) in which a raid size of 8 players be allowed on the map at a time instead of 4?

In addition to fishing, will we be able to do things like hunt or mine for resources that can aid the civilians of Cetus?

Tenno pump shottie; we're still waiting for it!

Also, when can my oberon prime equip oberon shoulderpads, as opposed to oberon prime shoulderpads? I want to have that flowing mantle of ivory horns decorating my shoulders, as it flows into the sukira syandana quite well, but am currently unable to do so. While I don't care personally, the same should also be done for other frames with shoulderpads, eg. banshee, frost, and volt! 

A statement concerning the state of one or both of those topics in the devstream would be much appreciated.

might be a little late with this question, but what inspired the design of harrow? I am guessing based on the priest/horror connection the exorcist was a source, but what else inspired his design/kit?

For Consoles
  -  Could a 'Profile' tab be added here for convience
                                    Screenshot_2.png?dl=1

Orokin Labs and solar rails,
 - Whats happening with solar rails?

- if they are no longer returning they why the need for the orokin lab?

Edited by (XB1)AcesGamingUK
added 'Profile' request

#1 - When will you begin to make actions in regards of the ever-growing issue known as Power Creep?

#1.5 - To clarify, when will you make every weapon in the game be more or less equal in terms of overall performance and not make every new thing that comes out insanely powerful, which will result in older weapons becoming obsolete?

#2 - Can we expect the new weapons that are possible to be made in Fields of Eidolon to be insanely powerful if one makes the right combination, or will they be somewhat equal?

#3 - If the custom melee weapon crafting turns out to be a success, can we expect to see custom primary and secondary weapons too?

#4 - Will we ever be able to make custom armor and/or other cosmetics in-game?

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream96_1080p.jpg
WE’RE BACK! 

Join us this Friday, July 28th for Devstream #96 – our first appearance since TennoCon 2017!   

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Geoff and Scott! 

What:  The last time you saw us was at TennoCon 2017 where we surprised you all with the Plains of Eidolon announcement! Devstream #96 is going to dive into more detail about what you saw in the gameplay demo and revisit Cetus and the Plains. 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, July 28th at 2 p.m ET!  

If you have questions about the Plains of Eidolon, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on July 28th!  We are also interested in what your reaction was to the reveals! 

PoE Questions:

1. PoE when?
  2. More archwings when?
  3. Archwing fashionframe when?
  4. Tenno hover bikes when?
  5. Sentient arm gun when?
  6. Sentient transporter when?
  7. Archwing secondaries when?
  8. Prime fishing rod when?
  9. Bird companion when (we need one for Pirate-Tentacle Prime)?

Questions from previous devstream topic:

Hi! My questions below:

1. When will you make Tonkor great again? Or at least when will you release Prisma Wraith AkTonkor Vandal Prime?
  2. Friendly fire when? Radiation from sorties isn't enough.
  3. When will you nerf other "cheesy" frames, focuses and guns (looking at you Inaros, Naramon and Tigris series)?
  4. Tonkor's grenades exploding on impact with enemies when?
  5. Tonkor's grenades bounciness revert when?
  6. Very BIG indicator where the grenades are when?
  7. No more holding fire to aim with Tonkor when?

Some serious questions:

1. Sentient invasions when?
  2. Invasion outcome actually changing node's faction when?
  3. Baro when?
  4. Umbra when?
  5. Earth remaster when?
  6. Pablo appearance during devstream when?
  7. Clan nemesis system when?
  8. Better loot from higher lvl enemies when?
  9. Not ridiculous armour and HP scaling of our enemies when?
  10. Operator interacting with pets when?
  11. Focus changes when?
  12. Tenno grenade launcher when?
  13. Kuva boss when?
  14. Orokin derelict matchmaking when?
  15. Excavation extractor HP and shield lvl scaling when?
  16. Stances for primary weapons when? You know you want it :D
  17. More mandachord sound packs when?
  18. Silva & Aegis buff when?
  19. Tonkor 6 meter indicator when?
  20. Operative not being stupid when (e.g. going into toxin in sortie kuva defense)? Hey you fixed that before Devstream, not fair!
  21. Mutagen Sample drop from infested mission nodes when?
  22. Mutagen Sample drop chance equal to that of Fieldron Sample or Detonite Ampule when?
  23. Lore events (like mutation of Salad V) incoporated into quest system when?

Keep up the good work! :)
But please reconsider at least some changes to Tonkor (you did revert changes made to Sonicor). :)

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

inb4SoonTM

ikr

Probably just  above the dark sector rework on the WIP.

1 minute ago, Heliozzenn said:

Any ETA on Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal ?
And last but not least, Excalibur Umbra will arrive with Plains Of Eidolon ?

According to [DE]Steve, both are set to return eventually.  Probably for an operation or event would be my guess.  When?  Nobody knows.

And Excalibur Umbra is coming with Sacrifice, not PoE.

17 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

What is the current maximum sight range of an enemy unit atm in development? Would like to Snipe from as far away as possible.

While I don't have numbers on this, I can say that I've stood mere feet from an enemy's face with them looking directly at me, and still gotten a stealth kill. So it seems there's a lot of factors determining that.

While I do enjoy the warframes, weapons, missions and so on, one of my favorite things in warframe is the lore.

We got a lot of new information at tennocon that made my lore senses tingle again but I am now afraid that slowly it will revert back to lore that we will only see in Warframe exclusive quests.

Any chance you will bring more quests like the Kuria farming or Cefalon  fragments that will give us more lore?