Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

The Plains of Eidolon reveal was incredible. Everyone was expecting umbra but this managed to exceed the hype for that by far for many people. Congrats on that and good luck with upcoming stuff.

Question:

There are many "mandatory" mods in the game, like Serration, Hornet Strike etc. Previously you said that you don't want to strip players from the effort they put into these mods.

Would you consider permanent fusing of a mod to a warframe or a weapon a solution? The mod would be consumed in the process and removing it would not give it back. It would still have to be maxed out and fused at a cost. This would open up mod space for more playstyle changing mods.

Howdy doody folks

Congratulations on the sucessful unveiling of the Plain of Eidolon at Tennocon, It looks promising and its hopefully an exciting new chapter for the game.

I have two questions that I would love to get answered.

1: Currently the overall goal of the plains is to offer endgame content for experienced players. I ask what type of content will we be getting? Daily missions, community/ clan objectives or resource gathering? And how will be balanced to not be too repetitive like Kuva farming (for example) 

2: Its been great to finally see some new content for the Sentient faction, but there is one faction that has not had a update to their roster for since 2014, the Corrupted. Are there any plans to revamp this long forgotten faction? 

1. What is progress like on the clan Kingpin/syndicate assassination mode?

2. Can you tell us more about your concepts/rework ideas/designs for Hydroid, Zephyr, and Chroma?

3. Quick Thinking has an incredibly awful stagger now--worse than it was a few hotfixes ago. Can we perhaps have it toned downed/removed completely?

Several Questions:

1. Is there a chance we could see an Archwing Captura Scene?

2. For the New Tenno Ships, will be able to color them and customize them like a liset or will they be like very small, very mobile relays?

3. Now that we know that Hydroid Prime will be the next prime warframe to be released, when can we expect the next male warframe to be Primed? Chroma Prime perhaps?

Two questions, one lore-related and one gameplay.

First: What is that strange Sentient device the Corpus use in the Valkyr Prime cinematic? And, as a follow-up (or an alternative, if you don't want to spoil it), will we ever see it in-game?

Second: Currently excavation drills have a fixed health pool, which makes them increasingly easy to kill as enemy level and damage scales up later in the game--to the point where they can be destroyed by a couple of stray shots in e.g. sorties. Is there any chance their health can be made to scale up, similar to how defense and mobile defense objectives were changed a while back?

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

I found the new warframe proposal fantastic, but what puzzles me is how you'll do to "keep it."

✔ Secondary missions will bring stories from the local village
✔ You will bring new pets such as "birds"
In the demonstration of the world, it intrigued me to know
✔ Can new bosses be found in the open world or will this only be possible after accepting a quest within the village?

6yykp0HoQG_OQU1GQbPfZA.png

With PoE giving us a wide open space to do combat in, sniper rifles will most likely start to see more use.

Do you have any plans to revisit snipers based on community feedback that has been given so far (such as removing sniper sway, changing combo mechanics, etc...)?

What's up guys? Fantastic work. Warframe has been the one game I could never stray from. Been playing for years and it still entertains me so. Now I'm hyped for the upcoming plains of Eidolon.

1.) How will the borders of the plains be implemented? Will there be a use of invisible walls or a simple respawn to a designated point? How does this work in archwing mode?

2.) Be honest, you're going to hide creepy things in the plains, aren't you? (Just say yes or no. No need to go into detail)

3.) Will there be any changes to snipers in order to fully take advantage of the open air of the level?

4.) Would you consider letting us change out one of our primary/secondary weapons to hold another melee weapon? As warriors of the blade, I feel like it would make sense to carry a slightly larger variety of the blade rather than the gun from time to time, especially now that we'll be having our own crafted weapons in the mix.

5.) I'm also curious as to how you will go about the designs of future umbra frames. A lot of prime warframes have been having an "umbra" look to them with the whole black, and gold theme

6.) Is it possible that you can give us the ability to create more ranks in our own clans? As they get bigger and bigger, delegation of roles and duties can be difficult. This needs further looking at since there is a concept of multi-crew ships looming around

Edited by RavingRoman

42 minutes ago, Liantedan said:

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?
Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

we do have a in-lore related reason for the prime stuff, baro sells them in auction and the syndictaes use the components to boost themself (ex. smelting down the parts to make the mod,weapons,armor.)

7 minutes ago, Carvalh0 said:

I found the new warframe proposal fantastic, but what puzzles me is how you'll do to "keep it."

✔ Secondary missions will bring stories from the local village
✔ You will bring new pets such as "birds"
In the demonstration of the world, it intrigued me to know
✔ Can new bosses be found in the open world or will this only be possible after accepting a quest within the village?

6yykp0HoQG_OQU1GQbPfZA.png

bird are comming but not with PoE sometime later.

steve said that most of not all of them will have quests for u and stories to tell.

the eidolons count as new bosses soo.... there that

Hi [DE]vs!!! How are you doing 3 weeks after TennoCon? BTW great job for Plains of Eidolon and keeping it a secret. Sad because no umbra talk this DevStream :( .
I have one question that is for specifically for [DE]Steve: Where are Sunday Streams?

And a few other questions:

• PoE or Umbra Quest, what is coming first?
  • How will "Forged" weapons (melee that we create in Ostron camp) affect MR?
  • Let's talk about "Co-op mode between Operators and Warframes". Start the hype train!!!
  • Will Tenno be able to walk in Ostron camp?

With the new operator armor sets coming, can we assume we are finally getting out of the space onesie? I understand this is sci-fi but still with how important fashion is in the origin system I would assume we would eventually get out of the bland space lining our operator wears under our other suit options.

Also how will the enemy scaling be handled? will it be like Xenoblade where enemies of all levels are inter dispersed in the area or will tougher enemies be further from the settlement or will they all be the same level.

Lastly with the focus changes coming will it resemble what we currently have, if not how can we expect it to look, if it does can we determine the level of the various nodes, because as it stands the moment we increase a power node it stays than level and increases the charge time in mission. If we can upgrade the nodes and can chose the charge of each node it could make it infinitely more versatile and we can more easily use the various nodes

As for my reaction:

*INCOHERENT RAPTOR SCREEEEEEECH*