Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

• As seen within the Plains of Eidolon reveal, there were customization within the melee category of weapons. I'm wondering about how will you implement the same customization to primary and secondary weapons within Warframe?
  • Should we be expecting a "Stalker mode" in the near future with a reward system for the assassin and the assassination target (I.E. meaning enemy Tenno invading games for rewards)?
  • Chroma and Hydroid reworks maybe?
  • A buff to Sniper Rifles and bows?
  • Mods for bows in specific (I.E. something like bouncing or air-burst capabilities)? [This is a hope and a question at the same time]
  • Hopes for a new event

I am looking forward to the dev stream :smile:   

Are previous events ever coming back as quests? certain events such as Gradivus Dilemma, hunt for Alad V, Mutalist Incursion, and Tubemen of Regor are critical  for understanding a plot point brought up in the second dream: Alad V helping us. but much more recently with Operation Rathuum and Ambulas Reborn, without those Events any player that wasn't there now has no context into why they are assassinating Kela or Ambulas, why they are collecting these beacons, and why they are pushing through a Grineer gladiatorial arena to reach the boss lady in charge-not to mention questioning after killing her why the steel meridian lady contacted them. these quests are required to understand what is happening in game and yet they have not been added into the game in any capacity...

if you have unfortunately dropped your plans to add them back in then might i suggest a alternative? alot of lines could be added to the solar map as banter between  characters similar to how bosses used to taunt the player back in the early days. i remember steve talking about adding boss taunts back before starmap 3.0 was added and it's obvious that it never came to be. could something like this be added to add much needed context into bosses like Kela De-Thaym and Ambulas? it would help with the lack of story presented outside of quests and make the solar map feel more... alive.

(also when are you  gonna fix the forums, still cant log in to general discussion or access latest staff replies.)

Edited by McDuffMan
Copy and pasta from notepad... screwed me over a bit.
  • Like 2

Q: Would DE ever create a "hardcore" open-world instance that includes tougher mobs, more chance for loot (not better loot), and ability to attack players? 

Reaction to reveals: "Welp, time to change pants." and "Ash Umbra when?" :)

Hello! 

Ever since watching the gameplay trailer for Plains of Eidolon I've had one major question on my mind;

It was stated that Cetus was more of "A Living Relay", and while this sounds great, I'm curious as to if this will flow into the plains aswell?

Will everyone get put into one big server, or will we be able to enter the plains in small groups (squads, solo, etc)

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream96_1080p.jpg
WE’RE BACK! 

Join us this Friday, July 28th for Devstream #96 – our first appearance since TennoCon 2017!   

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Geoff and Scott! 

What:  The last time you saw us was at TennoCon 2017 where we surprised you all with the Plains of Eidolon announcement! Devstream #96 is going to dive into more detail about what you saw in the gameplay demo and revisit Cetus and the Plains. 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, July 28th at 2 p.m ET!  

If you have questions about the Plains of Eidolon, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on July 28th!  We are also interested in what your reaction was to the reveals! 

Can I watch the stream on my phone in the twich app and still able to win prizes? 

Edited by (XB1)DragonTamer505
A typo

1. Will plains of Eidolon have mission that dont mirror what we currently have? I would like to keep that seperate.

2.Air we gonna have a 2nd round of Augments? Each augment that comes out 

refreshes the warframe.

3. Oberon 4th power and corrosive projection works together but other armor redution powers dont, will their be a change?

And Also i think shattering impact should too

4.my operator , is there anyway i can have a Earing and an Eye patch on?

5. When syndicate Death Squads were introduced , you didnt want humanoids to get killed. That changed with the Chains of Harrow update. Is it time for syndicates to have sub bosses with names like paledeno ? 

Cetus and Plains of Eidolon look great, but first I have a few other questions-

1. Are Rivens going to be looked at? As it currently stands, the riven system is less of a way to bring less than stellar weapons up to a higher tier, and more of a way to turn already strong weapons into unstoppable killing machines. If this could be changed somehow to encourage usage of non "meta" weapons more, and less of making already top weapons even more overpowered. 

2. The new dual wield systems is fun as hell. Seriously. So I have two questions: Is there an ETA on when we can dual wield single pistols and single swords? And, is it possible to incorporate the mid-air glaive throwing when using only a glaive?

3. Will we be able to use the standard model of a weapon on their respective prime variant, similar to the way we can use standard frame model on its prime variant? 

4. Do you plan to release more holster positions for melee weapons? Are there plans to create holster variants for secondary and primary weapons?

5. Are the 8 polearm stances mentioned at Tennocon going to be released all at once or over time? And, if all at once, before or at the same time a Eidolon's release?

6. Kuva farming. Currently there is little to no reason to venture back to the Kuva Fortress after completion of TWW. Many players have been asking for some form of endless Kuva Farm. Is it possible to incorporate a defense/excavation type mission in which we can "siphon" Kuva from sort of storage on the Kuva Fortress? I mean, the Queens had to keep all of that Kuva somewhere. An excavator of some sort could be deployed, and we'd defend it from incoming enemies of suitable difficulty. The longer we can defend, the more Kuva is rewarded, but the tougher the enemies we fight are. 

7. Are there plans for more "syndicate quest frames" as we've seen with the Silver Grove, Glast Gambit, Octavia's Anthem, etc. I would love to see an Arbiters themed frame. Also, is it possible we'll see actual acknowledgement of the relations syndicates share? I.E, Arbiters and Suda sending the Operator on missions that detriment the Red Veil/New Loka. 

PoE questions-

1. How will Riven Mods work with the Ostron Weapons?

2. Is it possible to add a randomize name function to Hok's Anvil, for those that are less creative (me) at naming?

3. Can you add a "walk" button toggle when PoE hits? I'd love to be able to stroll out those huge doors, and walk at a slow pace throughout the entire thing, taking it all in.

4. Are there plans for movement across the Plains for the Operator itself? I.E, bikes, animals, etc.

5. Is it possible to create a form of enemy scaling that pertains to the MR level of players? For example, if an MR 20 were to walk onto the Plains, enemies would be of a much higher level, but if an MR 5 were to join the MR 20, the enemies would be balanced so as to still provide a challenge for the MR 5 without being too hard, or too easy for the MR 20. If an MR 5 were to go in alone, enemies would be much lower level but still provide a challenge for the MR 5 player.

• Like 1

Okay, I have a few questions I suppose!

1: I saw some Crewman in town, any chance they will sell things, or maybe we can bribe them? I'd gladly share a few million credits for a decorative MOA to patrol my ship. Or some of those vertical crates. I heard about decorations and that's always exciting.

2: Will there be unique things to keep an eye out for while exploring? Say a chunk of Orokin wreckage, or an out-of-place piece of Grineer tech? Think like how Ayatan statues rarely spawn in missions.

3: Can we prod the new sentient? Either way, I'm going to try.

1 hour ago, Ktro said:

Sorties

Can u please remove 4000 endo from sorties as the common ayatan anasa gives that much plus looks good in ship and also can be traded. Also making greater lens removed from the reward drop will boost platinum use for it and also boost sell and collection of the focus lens which is healthy for the player base as well bring more money for you guys

Are you crazy?! DE should change it from 4000 to 6000 Endo an removing the weak lens. And changing the blueprints to the complete stats. 

So when I saw Plains of Eidolons for the first time I was like "OH MY GODNESS WARFRAME WILL BECOME AN OPEN WORLD" I can't wait to get inside this adventure but I have two questions:

Will we always encounter field bosses such as Stalker, G3 and Enemy Syndicates?

And last question, will we be able to have birds as companions as we can see here?

5745bc5f183773899b2b0b73c129d08f934c87d1

Edited by The_B00b3n
Added seconds question

Not a Plains of Eidolon question but could we finnaly get a full set of warframe noggle statue ?

Big fan of Atlas and cannot craft 100 of this bad boy and Atlas doesn't have a noggle. I'm ready to buy 30 and more of these, could you make this a reality ?

Questions? Fine.

• When can we expect a daily tribute system rework? Many players are feeling the pain now that this system contains items that can take years to acquire. New players physically cannot catch up to veterans. Veterans cannot afford to miss days. It's an extremely S#&$ty system to participate in, it does not feel good.
  • When can we expect the Riven system to be refined further?
    • Weekly Riven quest from Cephalon Samodeus that awards the player's choice of Veiled Riven.
    • Ability to choose from 1 of 3 weapons when unveiling a Riven.
    • Ability to Transmute Unveiled Rivens.
    • An increase to the player's base Riven Capacity (15 → 30 free).
    • Ability to lock Riven stats for an increased Kuva cost.
    • More ways/game modes to acquire Kuva.
    • More Riven stats (lifesteal, ammo conversion, reload while holstered, accuracy, etc).
  • When can we expect Universal Vacuum, or a statement on why this feature still has not been implemented?
  • When can we expect mod underclocking, or a statement on why this feature won't be implemented?
    • I don't buy the "too much database storage" excuse for a minute, have you actually looked into this feature?
  • When can we expect an improved NPE (New Player Experience)?
  • When can we expect replayable quests like Vor's Prize? Many players still cannot do this quest for the first time because we skipped the tutorial popup ages ago.
  • When can we expect market blueprints for login weapons and quest rewards?
  • When can we expect a unified Focus/Operator system?
  • When can we expect updates to stealth gameplay?
  • When can we expect updates to Conclave?
    • Progression through PvP alone?
    • More PvP mods and items that can be used in PvE?
    • Improved matchmaking? Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum rankings to segregate veterans from noobs, for example.
    • More gamemodes?
    • Dark Sectors?
  • When can clans research locked Solar Rail content and get their (currently unobtainable) Clan Mastery?
  • When can we expect another community Synthesis target, and has Synthesis become another unsupported feature?
  • When can we expect improvements to Sniper Rifles?
    • Removal of scope sway.
    • Addition of unscoped/over-the-shoulder zoom level.
    • Reduction or removal of hipfire inaccuracy, at the very least while standing still.
    • Higher critical stats on par with bows.
    • Unique sniper mechanics (headshots always crit, can disarm opponents by shooting their weapon, etc).
  • When will you remove the anti-team Stasis mechanics from Limbo?

About PoE:

• What level range can we expect during the day and during the night?
  • How often will we be fighting enemies? Warframe is a horde shooter, and enemies in gameplay shown so far have been extremely sparse.
  • How many different missions/quests will be available in PoE?
    • Or, how many times am I going to have to fetch Ponzu a new Kinetic Motivator?
    • Are you going to have more than basic fetch and kill quests?
  • Is fishing and plant scanning going be required to access content?
  • What other types of hunting will be available? Have you thought about making flora and fauna we can actively fight and hunt, instead of birds that evaporate and point-and-click fishing mini-games?
  • How long are the day/night cycles?
  • What else, besides the Eidolon, is there for veteran players to do during nighttime?
  • Will there be other mini-bosses/world events outside of the Eidolon?
  • How will Mastery be handled with the new crafted weapons? Stances? Mods? Rivens?
  • How will Archwing powers function in PoE? Itzal's blink, stealth, Amesha's overpowered support?
  • What is happening to archguns and archmelee?
  • How will matchmaking be handled when entering the plains?
  • Steve said that new players would be able to access PoE within an hour of starting the game. Is it really wise to dump such a large chunk of content onto players that still don't know how to walk?
  • Like 1

Hi guys, good to see you back.

So, question regarding the Operator reveal, you said that part of the Plains of Eidolon update is a project to mature the Operators and turn them into more of a warrior class. Will there be an update for their dialogue options included with this? The voice pool for Operators hasn't really been changed since the Second Dream, and I do feel that if the Operators are becoming more serious and focused in gameplay, it would be fitting if there were more options for their communications too.

Cheers!

Questions

1. Is it possible that we will eventually be able to create our own secondary? Maybe a kuni creator, or a pistol.

2. Would it be possible to buy actual decorations in the Plains of Eidolon with credits? Or will we have to craft the rugs?

3. Could we possibly have a fish tank, where we can store the fish we catch? Or do we sell them, since we can't exactly eat them?

4. If the community likes the idea of Landscapes, would it be possible to add an infested one for eris, where we can get mutagen samples in abundance?

5. I have concept art of a creature called "Defiler" as an 'Eidolon' type enemy. Would it be soon possible to create our own eidolons and submit them to the Workshop?

6. Are we going to see more wildlife in the plains of Eidolon, besides the birds and the fish? (maybe some deer, or elk of some kind?)

7. Are we going to get Bird Companions?

8. Is the plains of Eidolon going to be unlocked on earth immediately, or do you have some specific things you have to do to get there?