Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #96!

[DE]Rebecca

Got a couple questions this time around

1) Why are new weapons released without polarities?  Weapons require several forma to fit every desired mod onto,
and releasing weapons without polarities just means players have to spend more time and resources to achieve the
effect they want for the weapon. I feel every weapon should come with at least 1 Madurai (V) polarity to match up 
with the pure damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, etc) to start. 

2) Why continue to vault Prime Warframes?  Before the Relic System, placing Warframes in the Prime Vault made sense
since it kept the loot tables of the Void consistent.  However, I don't think vaulting Warframes and their related
Prime items makes sense anymore.  With each new Prime Access, two sets of relics are added to the game: One with
the new Prime Warframe and Prime items, and one with all the non-vaulted parts that were in vaulted relics. This 
ultimately makes it harder to get a specific relic since there are so many new ones added to the game each Prime 
Access.  If Relics didn't get vaulted, then less Relics would get added at a time, and drop tables would get filled 
slower.

There are concerns about efforts being spread too thin, resulting in areas not getting fleshed-out as expected, and long-lived bugs that are not fixed. Is there any plan to set down a complexity limit for the game, or to stop adding whole dimensions of gameplay and instead add more content within the current gameplay?

Two things.

The daily tribute system seems to be in a very not okay state right now. There is now nearly two years of logins separating a new player from things like the Zenith and Primed Shred. This feels super excessive, especially because there is no form of leap forward bonuses or catchup days or anything of that sort to help get progress.

Also, there was never any counting of days logged in before the new tribute system was put in place. As an example, I have been with this game since the month it went into Open Beta with Update 7. I have, most of it recorded on Steam but some was not, somewhere around 1800 to 2000 hours in this game.

But because I decided I needed to step away due to severe burnout when Second Dream launched, I am not even at 100 days logged in on the new system. How is this fair?

Second, Universal Vacuum. It seems like you guys are missing the point a lot of us are making about univac. We don't want it to be attached to companions, period. It should be attached to Warframes, passively, as a toggle with options for what you do and don't want picked up, and how often you want things to be picked up. I understand the argument from some players that they don't want vacuum wasting their energy orb pickups by using up an entire 25 energy orb on 1 energy because of channeled abilities, or an entire ammo pickup to get 1 bullet, but I would counter this by asking you to make vacuum less dumb so that it doesn't waste pickups all the time.

Please, disconnect vacuum from pets and mods and equip items entirely, so that we can choose what companions we want and not feel like we are making our quality of life worse just because we took a cat, or make me want to kill myself just so I can revive my dead sentinel.

Will console players ever be able to input the number of mods we want to dissolve/sell or how much plat we want to trade instead of pressing the R1 button 1000 times? It gets very annoyig,especially for people who dissolve thousands or mods or trade lots of platinum. Also,are there any plant to sync up the PC version of the game with the console ones? That could bring back account transfers or maybe cross-play,who knows. And will we EVER see the return of the Rift Sigil? I have been in the game 2 years,played almost every event /razorback/ balor fomorian,but I have never seen the rift sigil as a reward.

Edited by (PS4)ArtoriasDS1
Forgot to ask a question and corrected grammar mistakes.

Is there anything that is interesting for Clans in the Plains ? Like a Vendor for Clan Hall Decorations ?  Clan Specific Quests, Researches  ?  Maybe *in the far future* a possible Location for a Dojo ? Since there has to be done a lot to make Dojos more lively and Eidolon brings lots of Options for well... pretty much every aspect of Warframe ^^

DE, can there be more Braton stuff? I want a Braton gun blade and some Braton shoulder pads to match my Braton.  Maybe a "Legacy Braton" skin type of thing. We need some Bratony goodness in this life. 

Edited by julianattack
Forgot to add last 2 sentences

Would be possible, in the future, a raid for 8 players in PoE?

Another questions regarding daily tribute: I am playing Warframe since February of 2013, Is there a chance for players like us to have a "time cut"?

Edited by Proteo

It's a minor question but:
There's some stuff in game that is no longer required for anything such as Orokin Ciphers or is just laying in inventory like trash ( Ye, ye, i'm talking about u Pherliac Pods and Juggernaut's drop). So the question is, are u ever going to let us sell it for credits, give them new use or just delete them from game? :) 

Plains of Eidolon Questions : 

1- if Plains of Eidolon is a success and i really hope it will becan we expect more Landscapes in evry planet in the future ?

2- we saw Archwings being used in the Plains, will we be getting Archwing related rewards ?

3- you guys talked about the Tenno becoming a warrior , will there be some combinations between Frames and the Tenno in terms of gameplay like CC the ennemies Get the Teno out and do some cool moves?

thank you :)

Edited by ryugichan

So what exactly are the plans for Operator stuff in PoE? To be specific how will the armor and weapons tie into the current game play and will the focus rework be coming with these additions? Will something like the weapon just change how your beam attack works or will gameplay be entirely differently depending on what gun, armor or school you're using? I really just want to know what exactly we can expect from PoE insofar as operators go because there isn't REALLY anything to go on right now.

Also as a second question will there be major challenges other then the Eidolons like lets say for example a camp of night-watch Grineer we can raid for rare supplies?

On that note, what will supplies and rewards even be like in PoE? Will we have new resources specifically for Operator equipment or the new melee weapons? You talked about it as if there are things specifically tied to PoE that will help us gear up to take down Eidolons and I'm curious as to what exactly that entails.

Edited by DrProfSirCarmen

Hi DE.
It's a two part question:
1°) While the PoE itself is handcrafted, can we expect to see dungeon-like entrances (caverns, grineer complex, the Orokin Spire) leading to the type of levels we are used to?
2°) For four years now you have worked on a tileset based level design paradigm. What did you have to change in your approach for open world to work in Warframe?
3°) Extra Credit question: what's the color of your socks on stream?

I have a question about the operator armours which were revealed during the TennoCon Livestream. Specifically, I'm wondering how they'll interact with the operator cosmetics which we already have. For example, there was concept art shown wherein the Operator had a helmet, but we also have hoods which we've payed platinum for. Would the cosmetics and armours be shown in different settings, or would the current cosmetics be given armour stats and opened to crafting like I'm assuming the Operator armours would be?

TLDR: Will my current Tenno cosmetics clash with, be replaced by, or updated to fit with the coming Operator armour sets?

Q&A: We've had primed weapons like the recent Euphona prime, that had

no vanilla variant. Tho do you think, somewhere down the line in the future

there will ever be a Primed Warframe that has no vanilla variant?

I don't know much about the lore in Warframe, but maybe this Prime

Warframe, had only one purpose- to serve only the Orokin Empire.

The quest could be related to the Orokin Empire, explaining how the Primed

warframe was made to fight against the Tenno, a mole or something.

1.  Apart from a standard issue fetch quest(I mean, I'm sure there are more, but they really do just end up being the same thing), one big &#! monster, and yet another resource grind, what else will there be to occupy players on PoE?  Bear in mind that exploration will only last so long, after that PoE will just be another low population node...like so many other nodes already in the game - the Kuva Fortress, for instance.  All those Prime Vault relics probably could have gone there - at least to give the place some life for a while.

1. a) Will there be Sortie/Syndicate Mission integration into PoE?  Probably should be something to think about.

1. b) Will the upcoming Clan Kingpin system be integrated into PoE?  Again, probably something to think about.

1. c) Is the Clan Kingpin system even being worked on still?  Or did it just get dropped and forgotten, kinda like revitalizing relays/dojos, the focus rework, the Nidus infection, and so on...and on...and on...and on...

2. When can we expect a Dev Workshop regarding The Great Experiment - aka The Plains of Eidolon?  Steve's tweets about it are real cute and all, but some actual concrete information as opposed to dev musings on social media would be much appreciated.  Something to demonstrate to the players that PoE is beyond the point of "Well, we made ourselves a big explorable map, now what the hell do we put in it?"  Remember, it's all about "setting a new standard of transparency with the community!"  "SoonTM" and "We're working on something" just ain't gonna cut it.

Edited by FlinttheImmortal

4 hours ago, the_lazy_engi said:

we do have a in-lore related reason for the prime stuff, baro sells them in auction and the syndictaes use the components to boost themself (ex. smelting down the parts to make the mod,weapons,armor.)

I'm still not sure that's a good thing for us.

It just means other factions will get more information on how our 'frames and tech in general works, and get their equipment closer to ours. If that persists, they'd end up with equipment on par with ours - and eventually even better, perhaps - which would prevent us from doing our job of enforcing the balance - since we won't be the superior power anymore. All this does is enable others to be able to kill us faster in the long run, in exchange for giving us a minor short-term boost. It makes no sense for the Lotus to encourage this.

2 hours ago, McDuffMan said:

Are previous events ever coming back as quests? certain events such as Gradivus Dilemma, hunt for Alad V, Mutalist Incursion, and Tubemen of Regor are critical  for understanding a plot point brought up in the second dream: Alad V helping us. but much more recently with Operation Rathuum and Ambulas Reborn, without those Events any player that wasn't there now has no context into why they are assassinating Kela or Ambulas, why they are collecting these beacons, and why they are pushing through a Grineer gladiatorial arena to reach the boss lady in charge-not to mention questioning after killing her why the steel meridian lady contacted them. these quests are required to understand what is happening in game and yet they have not been added into the game in any capacity...

if you have unfortunately dropped your plans to add them back in then might i suggest a alternative? alot of lines could be added to the solar map as banter between  characters similar to how bosses used to taunt the player back in the early days. i remember steve talking about this before starmap 3.0 was added and it's obvious that it never came to be. could something like this be added to add much needed context into bosses like Kela De-Thaym and Ambulas? it would help with the lack of story presented outside of quests and make the solar map feel more... alive.

(also when are you  gonna fix the forums, still cant log in to general discussion or access latest staff replies.)

This would add a lot to the lore using the junction system to rewards the quests such as the gravius dilema when you get to jupiter and the tubemen of regor when arriving at uranus, ive allways felt that doing missions for the sake of unlocking the next nodes take away the fun  on the planets i mean there is no purpose of doing them the first time other than "hey im here im a mission, complete me", please consider this DE!

• When you spoke about the new Focus/Operator system at TennoCon, it sounded like the current system might be scrapped entirely. While I'm not really attatched to the existing Focus abilities and passives, I do like the lore behind the Tenno schools and I thought getting to choose which one I belonged to in the Second Dream was a good way of defining who my Tenno is. I'd like to know how the Tenno schools might fit into the new system, if they will at all.
  • Regarding the day/night cycle in Plains of Eidolon: Will I be able to continue normal adventuring at night? The TennoCon demo made it sound like night time means that I drop everything and stop playing unless I want to fight an Eidolon. What if I want to keep questing, fighting Grineer, fishing, etc?
  • It was clear in the TennoCon demo that Plains of Eidolon would provide the means to get new stuff, like the modular weapons and Operator equipment. What about stuff I'm already playing the game for, like Prime Gear, new Warframes/weapons, Syndicate progress, rare mods/stances, and existing resources? How much of that should I expect to achieve by playing Landscapes?
  • Do you intend to eventually replace Relays with hubs like Cetus and Iron Wake? Is Iron Wake a first step towards expanding Syndicates?
  • If it's not too spoilery to tell, how might Umbra warframes differ from their standard/prime counterparts? I suspect their powers will have variations influenced by the Sun/Balance/Moon morality system. Am I right?! :D

I was thrilled by the TennoCon reveals, btw. I've always wanted to see something like Cetus in the game, and I think the Plains of Eidolon will really reinvigorate and redefine Warframe. I'm tantalized by the possibility of more Landscapes and hubs/colonies in the future. I'm also glad to hear that the Operator will become a more prominent aspect of playing the game. Maturing into an independant warrior is exactly what I was hoping for after playing the War Within.

The passion and dedication to the game displayed by you (the devs) at TennoCon was inspiring, and it's moments like the cinematic quests and the PoE reveal that make me proud to be a Tenno. Keep it up, you're on the right path! <3

Edited by Naramon-Phoenix

My,am I late for the party?

My questions may appear silly,but matter great deal for me

-Will out Operators utilise some tenno weaponry,such as Glaives,daggers,small firearms and etc...or will they have their own "Void beam guns?"

-Will our sun/moon/chaos compass matter somehow in the future quests,such as affecting someone's opinion of us (Lotus,maybe?Such as (dis)approving of some of our actions?)

-Will we get Operator handshakes,and what is more,Operator/companion interactions with the Operator "Maturing" via the quests that follow...

-Speaking companions,will we get our own eagle/vulture (birdy) companion? Please? One that flies around and eventually lands on our hands ...yep,I can dream.

-May I ask if our "Archwing beacons" will be infinite or limited,as in crafting charges...also will we need a new segment?

-Will we be able to use our archwing weaponry,or since we are on the surface,that weaponry becomes too heavy to use?

-Will we get Operator only missio~wait I think that was answered before,still if the answer is yes,can the intro cinematic of such missions be our OP's putting their hoods/helmets on,kinda dead space-ish?

-Will we learn about our ever-so-kind "man in the wall" (Satan if you ask me) that keeps roaming and appearing in our Orbiter after completing the chains of Harrow quest?

-Can we please take a look at some thrown weapon holstering animations,when equipped with the proto-skin ? (Halikar,mostly-it doesn't fold,unless you quick attack with it)

-For some odd reason,when dual wielding with a pistol that is set to "not visible when holstered",if you switch it twice,the pistol appears invisible...

As far as emotions,we with my bud were watching live on twitch-we were literally screaming with joy-to think that such bold step will be taken...good job,lads,you always manage to surprise us...I never cared about Umbra,but oh my,by the time it was announced I was already in awe,screaming!I,no,WE cannot wait ....