Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween Themed TennoGen - Round 10 Deadline!

fepg02z.jpg

With every Halloween, we bring you Day of the Dead cosmetics, but this year we want to make the haunting season a little more… serious. The Chains of Harrow Quest has unearthed a darker side of the Origin System, and it’s time that your Warframes looked the part.

For TennoGen Round 10, we will be accepting only Warframe Skins and Alt helmets that highlight the dark, visceral parts of the Warframe universe, all to be released with our Halloween promotion in October this year. To have your creation be considered for this special Halloween round, you will need to submit it to the Steam Workshop by August 31!

Don’t let Stalker be the only edgelord in town - are you up to it, Tenno?

General Info:

• This Round is for Halloween-themed Warframe Skins and Alt helmets only.
  • Only dark and creepy themed submissions will be accepted, so put away your jack-o-lanterns, bats, and witch hats!
  • The deadline to be considered for Round 10 is August 31.
  • We are aiming to simultaneously release the accepted pieces on PC and Consoles with our Halloween promotion in October 2017, pending any technical roadblocks.
  • You can submit as many creations as you’d like for this round.
  • All submissions to the Steam Workshop for this round must be final. You can highlight your WIP creation using the TennoGen section on our Official Forums!

How to download the TennoGen Tool:

• Under the tools category in your Steam library, double click the Warframe TennoGen tool to install it.
  • Alternatively, copy and paste this Steam url into your browser: steam://install/396050

How to Submit Your Piece:

• Create a creepy Warframe Skin and/or Alt Helmet that follows the Technical and Style Guidelines (see below)
  • Submit your creation to the Warframe Steam Workshop and make sure your submission is visible to the public.
  • Collaboration is allowed, but please ensure that any collaboration is reflected in Steam’s Revenue Distribution for your creation.
  • If you need some help getting started, be sure to review our complete TennoGen guide.

Style Guidelines:

• Skins and/or Alt Helmets must be dark and creepy to match the Halloween theme
  • No cartoony Halloween pieces will be accepted, so put away your jack-o-lanterns, bats, and witch hats!
  • Copying another Warframe character’s aesthetic is not the goal here: please no Stalker/Red Veil/Acolyte Skins or Alt Helmets.
  • Avoid contemporary references, pop culture, and 'meta'. 
  • Submissions must be completely your original creation (or that of you and your collaborators). 
  • Make sure that any facial feature, bones, or gore is abstracted and Tennofied! 

Abstraction Example:

Spoiler

Nekros Prime’s model is a great example of invoking the look of innards without explicitly having internal organs; he is also a good reference of an abstracted skull-like helmet:

5bde3dcf618f9522581f3afd1d88bfc871f23c96

Technical Guidelines

Alt-Helmets (with or without full Warframe skin)

• Complete remodel allowed
  • Triangle budget: 5000
  • Maps: Authored at 2048 x 1024; In game will be 512 x 1024 
  • Full Alt-Helmet guide is available here

Warframe Skin

• Textures-only, no altering of the model allowed (except for the Helmet, see above)
  • Maps: Authored at 2048 x 2048; Emissive and tintmask will be 1024 x 1024 in-game
  • Full Warframe Skin guide is available here

Happy Creating, Tenno! :devil:

38 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

No cartoony Halloween pieces will be accepted, so put away your jack-o-lanterns, bats, and witch hats!

But what if the cartoony pieces are made creepy? Bats with mounts and big fangs for example.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

3 hours ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

but taylor....it's still july isn't it a bit early for this?

Hardly more than 60 days left until October, so now is definitely an appropriate time to begin given the usual amount it takes for rounds to be released after approval.

4 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Hardly more than 60 days left until October, so now is definitely an appropriate time to begin given the usual amount it takes for rounds to be released after approval.

i would have also accepted "it's never too early for spooks"

Edited by Ninjadeath721

53 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

For TennoGen Round 10, we will be accepting only Warframe Skins and Alt helmets that highlight the dark, visceral parts of the Warframe universe, all to be released with our Halloween promotion in October this year. To have your creation be considered for this special Halloween round, you will need to submit it to the Steam Workshop by August 31!

Does it mean any piece that got feedback and are potentially ready for acceptation will have to wait Round 11 ?

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

I was briefly very excited at this announcement because I was hoping for witch hats. But then it's explicitly forbidding witch hats.

sad day

The rules say it preaty much just has to be creepy, there still may be hope.

I don't know if there is another thread or something for this question, but how do you download the tool on a mac? I've tried but it won't let me and it doesn't tell me why. I really really want to participate in this because Halloween is my all time favorite and I have an idea for Valkyr, but if I can't use the tool do I just draw a picture and submit it somewhere else?

What i had in mind for Nidus would fit with this, but i can't load the files into Zbrush. Not that i'd be likely to get it done in time, but still.. "Infestation_d.jpg" is missing, is the message i get. It prompts to load a texture file and none of the textures match :/ I guess Nidus can't be worked on in Zbrush?

I agree with @Valiant here. Since each round takes such a long time to get to us, limiting the theme on a whole round doesn't sound like such a good idea. Because I'm taking Round 11, where other entries could come in, would be scheduled to come out nearly in Decemeber/January 2018.

Which in the other hand means there could be an incredible masification of entries for Round 11 from people that wouldn't be doing these + entries that couldn't make it in because of thematic choice this round.

I'm not opposed to having special themed rounds, but done like this doesn't seem a really, really good idea.

So i take it the end visual is more important than theme? Means, something that looks creepy but not really thematically relevant to Halloween has better chance to be accepted than design that is thematically relevant to halloween but not creepy?

7 hours ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

@Yatus your chance to shine mate lets get all your N series in, please do your best to fix everything with the skins i must have them. ❤❤

Currently remaking the Excal Izanagi skin :D after that is limbo i think

8 hours ago, kubbi said:

So will we still get halloween stuff for plat? Or is this a replacement?

This is in addition to other Halloween cosmetics.

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

So i take it the end visual is more important than theme? Means, something that looks creepy but not really thematically relevant to Halloween has better chance to be accepted than design that is thematically relevant to halloween but not creepy?

Thematically, Halloween is creepy. However, it's important to stray away from the stereotypical cartoony depictions of Halloween in your creations. Don't add a witch hat to Trinity, make her look terrifying. I hope this helps!  

2 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I don't think anything similar to this would be accepted, the eyes and the mouth are too obvious.

Correct. This is too explicitly face/skull-like. If you want an idea of how to accomplish this aesthetic but still remain abstracted enough, Nekros Prime's helmet is a good example.