Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Notey Makes Warframe Stuff

Noteybook

Moving some stuff over here because I don't livestream as much anymore(previous thread was on the fanzone, this one's for art stuff)

warframeconceptv1_zpsd6b9e524.png

Initial Concept for Apex; The 'first' Warframe, or at least a working Prototype(A Prime of Primes, maybe?). Was damaged during cryostasis and thus isn't at full power. Abilities are based off that, and it's 4th being a sort of temporary recovery to glory. More Morty2989's idea then mine:

"Yep basic idea is the pinnacle of Tenno technology being damage beyond repair, and thus, lost forever. That however is not going to stop the warrior deemed worthy of the Frame in the first place. Wanted to come up with an original Frame idea that wasn't cliche and obvious. (See: anything elemental).

Few ideas for the abilities:

* A basic teleport, (much like Ash), however the malfunctioning suit produces a shorter range jump and a small explosion at the end.

* Stun move involving the left arm lashing out with the exposed wiring.

* Ultimate ability would involve the Frame's autorepair kicking into overdrive, (at the expense of the full energy reserves), and the Frame dash across the screen in a massive power attack, much like Excalibur, but in it's full restored glory...only to finish the attack smoking and broken again.

About as far as I got with it. Might not be the most fun to play but I always gravitate towards the most interesting character rather than the obvious 'best'. Just love the idea of an ultimate Warframe being kicked to the bottom of the list, whole left side barely working, only able to use one handed weapons, (daggers and sidearms), but still being able to slaughter an entire room of enemies through sheer indomitable will. The implied power of such a frame, (and in turn what it was like when whole), was the entire idea behind it. Working name is Apex"

apex2-27-13paintcast_zpsdb8919c4.jpg

First really nicely roughed out design; I went with more prime colors, and more of a cosmonaut/officer sort of feel. I'm not very good at rendering, but I try. :P

apex2wipcopy_zpse81158b9.jpg

WIP from yesterday. Lots of work lately, so no time to really make stuff. :) I Wanted to see more of his back this time around, was inspired by Pacific Rim (you should all see that movie, it's REALLY REALLY good :D). Going for more of a tech-look then organic. These ideas change so very quickly!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...