Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Medusa Helmet Concept

Equinox Medusa Helmet Tennogen Concept

So with the news of Tennogen Round 10 being more Halloween themed, I decided to discuss a concept I have always wanted to see in Warframe for a while now. An Equinox Helmet based around Medusa, victim of the gods and the beast the rebelled against them (much like us Tenno). Below is an illustration I have made and below that I will further discuss the concept.

Helmet Design:

Spoiler

equinox_helmet_tennogen_round_10_concept

Why Equinox for Medusa you might ask, well considering that she is really the only female Warframe that can actually "petrify" enemies using her Rest & Rage ability, I would say she best fits the profile. :smile:

The concept for this helmet is that there is a base headpiece and that the only part of the helmet that changes between the different Equinox forms is the "mask." This makes it easier for Tennogen Creators as the only thing they need to change is the mask for the different forms, meaning they can keep the same model for all three forms.

For the snakes I was thinking of having tubing similar to what Faven (who is an awesome tennogen creator) did for the helmets of the following warframes in his Graxx skins.

Attached at the end of these tubes are some mechanical device that resembles a snakes head or some attachment with to spots for "eyes."

As for the mask, what I illustrated above is merely some concept ideas I had. If a Tennogen creator takes up this project I am more then willing to see what sort of concept they come up with for the masks. Or if you have some constructive feedback feel free to mention it and perhaps I can draw up some new concepts for the masks.

---

My problem is that I am not able to create this myself using any 3D software. So sadly this means another Tennogen creator with such abilities will have to take up the mantle. :sadcry:

As I have stated in the past I don't really care about the money when it comes to Tennogen, I am more interested in seeing some unique concepts brought to Warframe. So if you are a tennogen creator and you like this concept, please feel free to use it. My only conditions are as follows:

• You use this to create a helmet for Equinox.
  • I am at least credited for the concept.
  • You let me know so I can support you.

Thank you all for reading this post and looking at this concept. If you have any constructive feedback feel free to offer it. :satisfied:

Edited by (XB1)RAG is NAROK

I like the look of it. But doesn't seem like an Equinox helmet to me. From the drawings it looks a bit more like Mesa, Saryn and Valkry helmet lol. It has that dangly look in the back. LOVE the idea tho

4 hours ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

I like the look of it. But doesn't seem like an Equinox helmet to me. From the drawings it looks a bit more like Mesa, Saryn and Valkry helmet lol. It has that dangly look in the back. LOVE the idea tho

It really depends. Personally I was focusing on the aspect of Equinox that I enjoy playing, which is her night form and calming frenzy. As for the tubes as shown in the drawing and mention in the original topic above the tubes are inspired from Faven's work. This kind of leans to the fact that I really would love to see Faven do an Equinox Graxx skin with the tubing but currently he doesn't have any plans for such a thing.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

your concept gave me a cool ideal for an infested-mechanical themed helmet. mind if I share it with you?

It depends. As stated above this is concept is meant for Equinox. So I guess the question that I need to ask you is would you be using this to make an Equinox helmet?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

no no im not a Tenno gen artist I just wanted to show a concept based of yours.:satisfied:

Is the concept for Equinox?

I am sorry if I seem like a jerk, I just really like Equinox (she is my main frame) and I want to see some more content for her, in the Halloween event.

Edited by (XB1)RAG is NAROK

d257125f9ab8cc6f981f4dfa2792ccf7.jpg

I thought it would be cool to integrate the feeling of a kabuki mask on an infested face.

I also really loved the cords on the back so I wanted to give them a more mechanical/natural feel. (I wanted to see a bit more fluidity and shape to the back.)

im not that good at drawing but I hope you like it:satisfied:

b2336aadfa10da191f2b70b349af9388.jpg

2 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

d257125f9ab8cc6f981f4dfa2792ccf7.jpg

I thought it would be cool to integrate the feeling of a kabuki mask on an infested face.

I also really loved the cords on the back so I wanted to give them a more mechanical/natural feel. (I wanted to see a bit more fluidity and shape to the back.)

im not that good at drawing but I hope you like it:satisfied:

b2336aadfa10da191f2b70b349af9388.jpg

I like the face, and while I do like the design for the helmet I am not sure if it would work just as a helmet for Equinox. Maybe if someone created an infested skin for Equinox (which I would buy) this would work.

I do like the face however, do you might if I borrow some stuff from it for the mask concept I was going with?