The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened to Cpt. Vor?

BetaNoire

He got corrupted, hence the Corrupted Captain Vor name. He fused with the Void Key and got corrupted by the void getting a boost in power, while he seems to have retained part of his sannity, he can't leave the towers. 

Edited by aligatorno

They come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only Vor knows the true power of the Void. He was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus key, the Void called to him. It brought him there and there he was reborn. He cannot blame those creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secret of the Void. He told of this day, he prophesized this moment. Now he will stop them. Now he is changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus key. Forever bound to the Void. If the Tenno want true salvation they will lay down their arms and wait for the baptism of his Janus key. It is time. He will teach trespassers the redemptive power of his Janus key, they will learn its simple truth. He, Vor, will cleanse that place of their impurity.

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn its simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

3 hours ago, aligatorno said:

He got corrupted, hence the Corrupted Captain Vor name. He fused with the Void Key and got corrupted by the void getting a boost in power, while he seems to have retained part of his sannity, he can't leave the towers. 

Considering the Towers are bleeding into the star chart and corrupting enemies outside of the Void, I do not think Vor is trapped within the Void. Rather, For purposely stays in the Void as the Towers are the most intact source of Orokin knowledge compared to the Star System where the Orokin empire lay in ruins. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

he became the most annoying Monologueing villain to ever grace the world of Video Games.  

TENNO!!!! TENNO ARE HERE!!?? I'VE MADE SACRIFICES!!! TENNO!!... ARE YOU READY FOR A SACRIFICE!?!?!?!?!!!!! AAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ARE THESE FOOLS STILL BREATHING MY AIR!!!??? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO... INSECTS.!!!! FOR TOO LONG, YOU HAVE BEEN A PARASITE UPON THE GREAT GRINEER MACHINE. NO LONGER! THE TENNO MUST LEARN HOW TRULY INSIGNIFICANT THEY ARE!! FOMORIAN COMMANDER, FIRE. AT. WILL.

GRINEER MIGHT HAS MADE THE TENNO IRRELEVANT!! GRINEER REVENGE WILL MAKE THE TENNO EXTINCT!! NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL STOP THAT!! FOMORIAN COMMANDER, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

(at least Vor doesn't sound like he's talking through the turbine of a Boeing 747 plus a space shuttle blasting off 20 ft away)

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8

1 hour ago, Dead_Rabbits said:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of the Janus key? I thought not, it isn't a story the Lotus would tell you.

They say the void is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be.... unnatural.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Considering the Towers are bleeding into the star chart and corrupting enemies outside of the Void, I do not think Vor is trapped within the Void. Rather, For purposely stays in the Void as the Towers are the most intact source of Orokin knowledge compared to the Star System where the Orokin empire lay in ruins. 

"Bleeding" funny you said that. I think in PoE we will learn more about them.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

TENNO!!!! TENNO ARE HERE!!?? I'VE MADE SACRIFICES!!! TENNO!!... ARE YOU READY FOR A SACRIFICE!?!?!?!?!!!!! AAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ARE THESE FOOLS STILL BREATHING MY AIR!!!??? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO... INSECTS.!!!! FOR TOO LONG, YOU HAVE BEEN A PARASITE UPON THE GREAT GRINEER MACHINE. NO LONGER! THE TENNO MUST LEARN HOW TRULY INSIGNIFICANT THEY ARE!! FOMORIAN COMMANDER, FIRE. AT. WILL.

GRINEER MIGHT HAS MADE THE TENNO IRRELEVANT!! GRINEER REVENGE WILL MAKE THE TENNO EXTINCT!! NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL STOP THAT!! FOMORIAN COMMANDER, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

(at least Vor doesn't sound like he's talking through the turbine of a Boeing 747 plus a space shuttle blasting off 20 ft away)

DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE

IT WOULD BE

THIS

EASY

11 hours ago, BetaNoire said:

I'm gonna be honest.

I kinda did

YOU...GOT...(lil giggle)ME1!!1!

but honestly, they are two of the most obnoxious things i've ever killed in a game, so much that i (i bet all of you too) read these posts with their voices.