Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators: Keep them a secret!

KaeseSchnitte

It was said that Operators will maybe be able to run around in Relays, and in today's devstream it was also said that they will have an area in the town of PoE. Please DE, keep them hidden from the "public"! The players found out about their existence recently, and outside of very few others in the universe, Operators are a closely guarded secret. Or so it appears to me. And I like that. I like the idea that the Operator is the vulnerability of the Tenno, and as such, they need to be kept hidden and safe. That is not to say that Opertors should never be allowed to run around freely, but they should only be allowed if only the most trustworthy allies are around.

For a second I thought you meant to keep the Operators secret from anyone who hasn't played the Second Dream yet... but that time has long past.

I do like the idea of keeping them secret and what not, but I'm not so sure I like that we'll have to keep the segregated from the main hullabaloo around Hok's Anvil or what not.
Maybe for now anyway, but the secret will have to come out (for everyone in Warframe, the friendly NPCs, the Syndicates, the Grineer, the Corpus, etc...) eventually.

They will have a segregated area for themselves. Segregated. Separate from the rest. Not in the same area as others. Set apart.

Quick reading between the lines will tell you that the public, at large, won't be running around in there and Steve specifically mentioned that it was to get educated on how to fight the Eidolons so it's pretty apparent that it'll be someone who is already aware of the existence of Operators teaching us and said person will be in an area where Joe Schmoe won't be regularly walking to.

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

For a second I thought you meant to keep the Operators secret from anyone who hasn't played the Second Dream yet... but that time has long past.

I do like the idea of keeping them secret and what not, but I'm not so sure I like that we'll have to keep the segregated from the main hullabaloo around Hok's Anvil or what not.
Maybe for now anyway, but the secret will have to come out (for everyone in Warframe, the friendly NPCs, the Syndicates, the Grineer, the Corpus, etc...) eventually.

My guess would be that there are still some people who are hard to accept that we are just "a bunch of kids controlling nanovirus infested robots".
And my guess would be that those people simply despise the fact that they might have to see more of those kids and it will cover their view of one and only ultimate badass Warframes.

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

They will have a segregated area for themselves. Segregated. Separate from the rest. Not in the same area as others. Set apart.

Quick reading between the lines will tell you that the public, at large, won't be running around in there and Steve specifically mentioned that it was to get educated on how to fight the Eidolons so it's pretty apparent that it'll be someone who is already aware of the existence of Operators teaching us and said person will be in an area where Joe Schmoe won't be regularly walking to.

This exactly. Operators in Cetus's public I feel would be a problem mainly because of the children there. They clearly have fun playing pretend with the warframe masks, and if they find out the Tenno themselves are also children, we may have cases of kids thinking they can be just as powerful simply because they're in the same age group or something.

Edited by LazerSkink
if you thought I wouldn't miss a letter, you thought wrong

10 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

This exactly. Operators in Cetus's public I feel would be a problem mainly because of the children there. They clearly have fun playing pretend with the warframe masks, and if they find out the Tenno themselves are also children, we may have cases of kids thinking they can be just as powerful simply because they're in the same age group or something.

Good point.

This actually reminds me of a topic I've been meaning to make for a while: Who actually knows the nature of the Tenno?

We know some obvious ones, like Lotus, and Teshin, and probably Hunhow. The we get the Queens in TWW. The Red Veil, on some level, seem to as well. Also, since we need to interact with Palladino in Iron Wake, it is possible that all of Steel Meridian knows, too. It is seeming though to be becoming a less well kept secret over time. 

On 7/28/2017 at 6:13 PM, Imaru said:

This actually reminds me of a topic I've been meaning to make for a while: Who actually knows the nature of the Tenno?

We know some obvious ones, like Lotus, and Teshin, and probably Hunhow. The we get the Queens in TWW. The Red Veil, on some level, seem to as well. Also, since we need to interact with Palladino in Iron Wake, it is possible that all of Steel Meridian knows, too. It is seeming though to be becoming a less well kept secret over time. 

That and the cephalons know about it. With the weave and all that, every cephalon knows everything every other cephalon knows

1 hour ago, palkia68 said:

That and the cephalons know about it. With the weave and all that, every cephalon knows everything every other cephalon knows

I always thought of that more like the internet. Every cephalon is connected to it and can know everything on it, but they don't automatically like a hive mind. 

On 29/07/2017 at 0:13 AM, Imaru said:

Well it'd surprise me very much if the arbiters of hexis didn't know, new loka probably does due to titania quest (or at least has some big hints). Perrin sequence shows no signs of knowing though, and neither do any other corpus affiliates (yet). Still makes you wonder if they thought we knew before tsd though, or if they kept us in the dark on purpose. 

On an unrelated note: how the heck did palladino get a non-feral kavat? (and why doesn't it have a tail?)

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Sangoma said:

My guess would be that there are still some people who are hard to accept that we are just "a bunch of kids controlling nanovirus infested robots".

Some people can't be reasoned with. The fact is the operators aren't really kids, despite how they appear, and the warframes aren't robots. Nevertheless, some simply can't be talked to about this subject.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, LazerSkink said:

They clearly have fun playing pretend with the warframe masks, and if they find out the Tenno themselves are also children, we may have cases of kids thinking they can be just as powerful simply because they're in the same age group or something

They obviously as a society have some regard for the tenno. I seriously doubt they take themselves too seriously, but projection is always a thing with kids. It's an interesting observation and it'll be interesting if DE does anything with it; it clearly did occur to them.

Playing tenno a grineer is one thing; approaching something like a Saryn Prime deployed for combat is something else again.

On 7/29/2017 at 4:46 AM, KaeseSchnitte said:

in today's devstream it was also said that they will have an area in the town of PoE

the way i immediately interpret it when i heard steve said that is that if u are able to press 5, u would find u self an operator ... inside that big, new void tower, or another separate area that "only kids allowed" that still technically in Cetus. No way our kid operator would walk around in the area that was demo. Only Lotus and that Red Veil priest knew of the existence of the operator. (not count Hunhow and Stalker, and so far i dont think Alad V know we take form of a kid yet)

Imagine that we could make friend with a local kid NPC in that zone, which don't know us as tenno, but just another kid in the area (that would be amazed by how much could we know about warfarme) :3 

edit: forgot tenshin and kuva queen also know about it, but they won't be related to cetus this time around i think.

Edited by FireSegment

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Well, the Grineer know more about them then some Tenno.

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BlastingFern134 said:

Well, the Grineer know more about them then some Tenno.

Really only the Queens knew, Vor for instance, was demoted by them for attempting to find out the truth.

Edited by rapt0rman