Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious issues with the Login System (and Primed Shred)

PrincessMittens

Don't feel bad. All people have to do is login. Thats literally ALL they have to do to "earn" any of the login rewards.

Everything was behind some kind of wall at some point for ALL of us.

Nowadays Baro brings everything back (he didn't when I was new and wanted nice shiney primed mods) and people are still crying because they can't get something else instantly. It's generational, and its a horrible indication of the future.

2 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Why do these threads keep cropping up? We are talking about a mod that did not exist until recently and is in no way game changing. This game has been around for 4+ years, and players have been able to complete all levels of content without it. The constant complaining about getting a free item for simply PLAYING the damn game is beyond absurd.

Threads like this just prove that gamers today will, quite literally, complain about anything.

The mod isn't the biggest deal, its the weapons they are locking behind the insane requirements of days. The Azima and Zenith are considered sidegrades, but the zenistar? The zenistar has no other weapons that is as unique, it is possibly one of the best melee weapons in the game at the moment. The days are racking up, now at 600+, what if the next weapon that is released isn't just a sidegrade, what if it is actually very good, or what if a mod that is a lot more impacting than shred is released into the login system. There are players that are stuck in the same situation as I am. I LOVE this game, but at the rate I binge-play this game, I can not see my self getting to even 300, let alone 600, without losing interest. Having Mission hours as a replacement for the login days would benefit veterans, and would encourage people to play the game more to get the items they want. I would gladly sit down and grind out mission hours if it means I could get things I want in 6 months, not 2 years.

People who think current system is fine should realize that this system will eventually start pushing AWAY new players, 1 or 2 years to get some stuff is not that bad but how new players will react once they find out that they have to wait 5, 7 or even 10 years to get some really good stuff ? new player when he see's it will quit...

@iPlayPwnsGames who are you to dictate who does and does not play the game. Just because you are able to binge play does not make your hours played any more legitimate than a player who isn't able to. Some players are able to log in more frequently but aren't able to play for 10 hours at a time. Other players aren't able to log in as frequently but when they do, they can log 10+ hours at a time. That doesn't make one playstyle any better or worse than the other. 

Your suggestion is no better or worse then the current system in place. Both systems reward the time commitment. Just because one option applies to you, do not assume it applied to everyone.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

@iPlayPwnsGames who are you to dictate who does and does not play the game. Just because you are able to binge play does not make your hours played any more legitimate than a player who isn't able to. Some players are able to log in more frequently but aren't able to play for 10 hours at a time. Other players aren't able to log in as frequently but when they do, they can log 10+ hours at a time. That doesn't make one playstyle any better or worse than the other. 

Your suggestion is no better or worse then the current system in place. Both systems reward the time commitment. Just because one option applies to you, do not assume it applied to everyone.

The current system DOESN'T reward time commitment. It takes 5 minutes to log in each day. You don't even have to play the game to get the rewards. It is completely possible for an MR 1 to obtain anything in the login droptables, just for logging in daily.

Edited by iPlayPwnsGames

1 minute ago, iPlayPwnsGames said:

The current system DOESN'T reward time commitment. It takes 5 minutes to log in each day, You don't even have to play the game to get the rewards. It is completely possible for an MR 1 to obtain anything in the login droptables, just for logging in daily.

Last I checked "days" was a unit of time. 

And your argument is invalid because an MR 1 can also log in a ton of in-game hours and get the same rewards (ie. A player chooses not to do any of the MR tests...or they just sit idly in missions doing jack all).

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Last I checked "days" was a unit of time. 

And your argument is invalid because an MR 1 can also log in a ton of in-game hours and get the same rewards (ie. A player chooses not to do any of the MR tests...or they just sit idly in missions doing jack all).

"Days" is a unit of time. Logging in for 5 minutes each day to collect a login reward then get back off to another game is not a time commitment. And Ill restate my statement because you are right about never doing the MR tests. -> There could be someone with <50 mission hours who have insane days logged, therefore no time commitment was made.

Comparing hours is faulty.  The amount of hours we all already accumulated played before Daily Tribute was introduced in Update 18 will vary extremely between players. it did not start at 0 hours at that point. That 878 hours without Azima looks like a dead account, that player isn't coming back or doesnt' care and logs on once a month or so.

Had the Daily Tribute been implemented since Warframe was released on day 1, then it would put everybody on even ground. But since it happened after 18 major updates, it would put older players that already had 1000s hours unfairly ahead of newer players. Then people would still be complaining about that.

And like I said in that other thread, why do people insist in assuming people log in / log out without playing the game? Nobody knows what other players do with their life. 
I log in because I enjoy playing Warframe, not to make it into a daily chore to rack up some login counter.

4 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Comparing hours is faulty.  The amount of hours we all already accumulated played before Daily Tribute was introduced in Update 18 will vary extremely between players. it did not start at 0 hours at that point. That 878 hours without Azima looks like a dead account, that player isn't coming back or doesnt' care and logs on once a month or so.

Had the Daily Tribute been implemented since Warframe was released on day 1, then it would put everybody on even ground. But since it happened after 18 major updates, it would put older players that already had 1000s hours unfairly ahead of newer players. Then people would still be complaining about that.

And like I said in that other thread, why do people insist in assuming people log in / log out without playing the game? Nobody knows what other players do with their life. I log in because I enjoy playing Warframe, not to make it into a daily chore to rack up some login counter.

That account is mine, I have put 700 of those hours in the past 3 months. I do see your point though. I am just spouting ideas because the current system to lock good weapons and good mods behind almost 2 years of logins is insane.

Edited by iPlayPwnsGames

5 minutes ago, MystMan said:

And like I said in that other thread, why do people insist in assuming people log in / log out without playing the game? Nobody knows what other players do with their life.

In the many times this topic has come up, people have flat out said they make it a point to log in solely for upping their log in counter, they do not play.

7 minutes ago, iPlayPwnsGames said:

"Days" is a unit of time. Logging in for 5 minutes each day to collect a login reward then get back off to another game is not a time commitment. And Ill restate my statement because you are right about never doing the MR tests. -> There could be someone with <50 mission hours who have insane days logged, therefore no time commitment was made.

Once again, since days is a unit of time, a time commitment was made. A player committed to log in 100, 200, 300 etc. days to get an award IS a time commitment. Just because it doesn't measure up to what you consider a time commitment to be is immaterial. 

Your suggestion of using in-game hours will yield the exact same complaints that this thread has done. As such, you have not made any improvement to the current system. You have just introduced another way to measure time. What about the players that can't play for hours on end because they have other real life commitments? Should we just tell them to suck it? Isn't that what is happening in this very thread? So tell me, how is your suggestion any better?

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

In the many times this topic has come up, people have flat out said they make it a point to log in solely for upping their log in counter, they do not play.

And how much % of the playerbase does that?    Exactly, we don't know. Only DE can tell (if they record this sort of thing at all).

And on a serious note, that obsessive behavior worries me. They don't feel like playing a game much so they just log in/out, to get some mod and weapons..... in a game they don't really feel like playing that much. Primed Shred is the least of their problem when somebody lives with such an obsessive psyche to own things. (My Precious, anyone?)

Edited by MystMan

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Once again, since days is a unit of time, a time commitment was made. A player committed to log in 100, 200, 300 etc. days to get an award IS a time commitment. Just because it doesn't measure up to what you consider a time commitment to be is immaterial. 

Your suggestion of using in-game hours will yield the exact same complaints that this thread has done. As such, you have not made any improvement to the current system. You have just introduced another way to measure time. What about the players that can't play for hours on end because they have other real life commitments? Should we just tell them to suck it? Isn't that what is happening in this very thread? So tell me, how is your suggestion any better?

The system I suggested allows players that are dedicated to this game to obtain the items they want without having to wait almost 2 years to obtain them.

Well, what about a duel reward system?

Players who put in the time in the game get a certain set of rewards, while players that can't commit to the same play time get other sets of rewards, geared towards their needs.

i.e., based on hours, players get say, 2 Primed mods and 2 weapons.  Basing it off log ins, players get discounts, 1 weapon and 1 Primed mod?

2 minutes ago, MystMan said:

And how much % of the playerbase does that?    Exactly, we don't know. Only DE can tell (if they record this sort of thing at all).

And on a serious note, that obsessive behavior worries me. They don't feel like playing a game much so they just log in/out, to get some mod and weapons..... in a game they don't really feel like playing that much. Primed Shred is the least of their problem when somebody lives with such an obsessive psyche.

I'm not entirely sure what point you're aiming for with this.  But, trying to delve into the general psyche of players just isn't worth the time or headache.

You asked why people made the assumption, I gave you and answer based on experience and observation.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Well, what about a duel reward system?

Players who put in the time in the game get a certain set of rewards, while players that can't commit to the same play time get other sets of rewards, geared towards their needs.

i.e., based on hours, players get say, 2 Primed mods and 2 weapons.  Basing it off log ins, players get discounts, 1 weapon and 1 Primed mod?

A duel reward system sounds like a good idea, but how would it get applied in the future, when more primed mods and more weapons are released?

Which weapons would be in which path?

A duel reward system sounds like a good idea, but how would it get applied in the future, when more primed mods and more weapons are released?

Which weapons would be in which path?

The same ones.  At 100 days, you get the Azima, at 100 hours, you get the Azima, whichever comes first.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that having different rewards for two different reward programs would cause all kinds of issues.

Edited by MagPrime

2 minutes ago, iPlayPwnsGames said:

The system I suggested allows players that are dedicated to this game to obtain the items they want without having to wait almost 2 years to obtain them.

The problem is you're saying, "items they want," rather than, "items they need."

Has it ever crossed your mind that you're placing undue importance on the Zenistar? Did it ever occur to you that after a certain point the Zenistar isn't as powerful as you think it is, much like every other meta piece of weaponry? Did it ever occur to you that there is a large portion of the people who own the Zenistar that stopped using it shortly after obtaining it and only pull it out for cheese strategies because it's not nearly as powerful, or as good, as you're thinking it is?

You only want it because you think it's one of the best melee weapons in the game. It's transparent as a ghost. You have no legitimate reason to want these changes beyond, "I want my new shiny toy and I want it right now!"

The log in reward system is an equality of opportunity system-- everyone starts at zero and everyone receives roughly the same rewards, with exactly the same ones every 50 days. Eventually DE will need to change it but right now it's absolutely fine.

Just now, Chipputer said:

The problem is you're saying, "items they want," rather than, "items they need."

Has it ever crossed your mind that you're placing undue importance on the Zenistar? Did it ever occur to you that after a certain point the Zenistar isn't as powerful as you think it is, much like every other meta piece of weaponry? Did it ever occur to you that there is a large portion of the people who own the Zenistar that stopped using it shortly after obtaining it and only pull it out for cheese strategies because it's not nearly as powerful, or as good, as you're thinking it is?

You only want it because you think it's one of the best melee weapons in the game. It's transparent as a ghost. You have no legitimate reason to want these changes beyond, "I want my new shiny toy and I want it right now!"

The log in reward system is an equality of opportunity system-- everyone starts at zero and everyone receives roughly the same rewards, with exactly the same ones every 50 days. Eventually DE will need to change it but right now it's absolutely fine.

I may be biased towards wanting the zenistar, but saying the system is "absolutely fine" right now is preposterous. The login system is almost up to TWO YEARS. TWO YEARS of logging in to obtain items, where is the fun in that. Most people will hit the games content cap long before they hit 2 years of logging in.

I disagree with this completely.

Login rewards should reward all people equally.

Therefore the weapons and primed mods are the best attainable rewards from them.

I and a bunch of other people dont need resources. I for example keep getting tellurium and i have zero stuff what i need and it uses tellurium, same on many more materials.

I dont need boosters at all and many hoarder players would agree that they dont need a resource booster whem they already have more than 100K of the rarest resources.

I dont need reactors, but catalyts would be nice but not from login rewards.

Fashion stuff and others i rarely use them, unless they make them all sellable i dont need them from login rewards at all.

But getting a weapon or some fancy mod to further empower my gear is always nice to have.

LOL.

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The same ones.  At 100 days, you get the Azima, at 100 hours, you get the Azima, whichever comes first.

This is an interesting idea. Though perhaps weapons and mods should just be made available via Baro and we can all be done with it. I mean, that is what he's here for: a peddler of rare wares.

LOL.

This is an interesting idea. Though perhaps weapons and mods should just be made available via Baro and we can all be done with it. I mean, that is what he's here for: a peddler of rare wares.

True. 

tbh, the more I think about it, the more I like having the either or option.  100 days or 100 hours to obtain the rewards.  It benefits both types of players, the ones that have the time to log in but not play and vice versa, and still encourages people to log in and play.

I have put like 96 hours into the game, so four days. This is a lot for me, because due to school I have very little time to play. I have 113 login days. And I don't care for any of these unique weapons or mods. They aren't essential to me. I need Pathogen Rounds more! Honestly, I got the Azima, and it sucks! I certainly don't need these rewards, I have other priorities, so I don't care if it takes me two years to get one.

Edited by (XB1)BlastingFern134
typo