Jump to content

Serious issues with the Login System (and Primed Shred)


PrincessMittens
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

True. 

tbh, the more I think about it, the more I like having the either or option.  100 days or 100 hours to obtain the rewards.  It benefits both types of players, the ones that have the time to log in but not play and vice versa, and still encourages people to log in and play.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)BlastingFern134 said:

I have put like 96 hours into the game, so four days. This is a lot for me, because due to school I have very little time to play. I have 113 login days. And I don't care for any of these unique weapons or mods. They aren't essential to me. I need Pathogen Rounds more! Honestly, I got the Azima, and it sucks! I certainly don't need these rewards, I have other priorities, so I don't care if it takes me two years to get lone.

 

The idea for a dual reward system supports both players like me and players like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

True. 

tbh, the more I think about it, the more I like having the either or option.  100 days or 100 hours to obtain the rewards.  It benefits both types of players, the ones that have the time to log in but not play and vice versa, and still encourages people to log in and play.

Maybe not 1:1 though. 1:5 maybe (1 login day : 5 in-game hours). That way, with the 600 login day reward, you would need 3000 in-game hours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Maybe not 1:1 though. 1:5 maybe (1 login day : 5 in-game hours). That way, with the 600 login day reward, you would need 3000 in-game hours. 

1:5 is a little much, 3000 in game hours is a ton, and I know people that have been playing since 2013 who don't have 3000 hours

maybe 1:3 1800 hours is reasonable for 600 days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, iPlayPwnsGames said:

1:5 is a little much, 3000 in game hours is a ton, and I know people that have been playing since 2013 who don't have 3000 hours

maybe 1:3 1800 hours is reasonable for 600 days

I was thinking 1:3 initially, but there are players out there with 2000+ hours. Let's make it 1:4 then. It should require a bit of effort to get the 600 day login reward (which players are just beginning to receive now) and since there are players who have 2000 hrs under their belt, it will give DE time to figure out what the next milestone reward will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I was thinking 1:3 initially, but there are players out there with 2000+ hours. Let's make it 1:4 then. It should require a bit of effort to get the 600 day login reward (which players are just beginning to receive now) and since there are players who have 2000 hrs under their belt, it will give DE time to figure out what the next milestone reward will be.

1:4 sounds good, but getting an idea like this enough support for DE to put in won't be easy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Maybe not 1:1 though. 1:5 maybe (1 login day : 5 in-game hours). That way, with the 600 login day reward, you would need 3000 in-game hours. 

I'm gonna get mushy; thank you for being one of the awesome posters that is actively engaging in this, instead of tossing insults and derailing this.

That being said, a 1:4 seems fair.  I can honestly say that I would spend a lot more time in game grinding out builds and items, if I knew that my time was rewarded further down the road.  One of the reasons I have such low in mission hours is because I just don't see anything rewarding or interesting to work towards right now. 

Give me a goal though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, iPlayPwnsGames said:

Now comes the hard part.. Getting DE to add it

Well, so long as we realise that they are under no obligation to add it, I think bringing it to their attention as an alternative can't hurt at all. In addition to feedback threads, I suppose players can suggest it during the various streams, on reddit and other media outlets that DE follows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iPlayPwnsGames said:

Now comes the hard part.. Getting DE to add it

It'll take years for DE to add it, if they're interested.

One of my largest complaints with DE and how they gather feedback is that it's chaotic and Darwinian. Ever notice they drop big news on Friday?  I'm willing to be its so that they can come back and see what survived the weekend before giving it any consideration. xD

I wish they would hold weekly or monthly guided feedback topics, so that the community would have something to focus on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Well, so long as we realise that they are under no obligation to add it, I think bringing it to their attention as an alternative can't hurt at all. In addition to feedback threads, I suppose players can suggest it during the various streams, on reddit and other media outlets that DE follows.

Indeed.. Raid the devstreams.... xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iPlayPwnsGames said:

Now comes the hard part.. Getting DE to add it

This idea is far from ready for DE to implement.

Nobody has even discussed how to avoid system abuse. Whats to stop somebody from taking a limbo and hanging out in a entry level exterminate 24/7 with a macro that moves their character around every 30 seconds? 3000 hours could be accumulated in ~4 months, 2000 hours in ~2.5 months, and 1000 hours in ~ 1 month.

As far as i can tell, the current system cannot be abused. You either log in, or you dont.  But to implement an addition to the system based on mission hours, you'll have to come up with parameters to avoid abuse. Then you can attempt to convince DE this is worth the coding time for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Those Primed Mods and Weapon Mile Stones actually FEEL like Mile Stones.

Milestones should never be things that offer unique gameplay opportunities.
This alongside Zenith is basically a massive middle finger to anyone who didn't maintain a perfect attendance for those nearly 2 years.

What's worse is that even if you would maintain the attendance to get them and finally catch up two years later, there's probably another new, even more powercreepy, item probably available at 1200 days and so on.

Achievement should be recognized with awards, not better tools.
The game does not need any more reasons for people to just give up and quit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

Nobody has even discussed how to avoid system abuse. Whats to stop somebody from taking a limbo and hanging out in a entry level exterminate 24/7 with a macro that moves their character around every 30 seconds? 3000 hours could be accumulated in ~4 months, 2000 hours in ~2.5 months, and 1000 hours in ~ 1 month.

I'm not all to familiar with macros on PC, so please pardon my ignorance, but I thought there were systems currently in place that can identify whether a player is using a macro that plays the game for them. Doesn't that result in getting banned as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

This idea is far from ready for DE to implement.

Nobody has even discussed how to avoid system abuse. Whats to stop somebody from taking a limbo and hanging out in a entry level exterminate 24/7 with a macro that moves their character around every 30 seconds? 3000 hours could be accumulated in ~4 months, 2000 hours in ~2.5 months, and 1000 hours in ~ 1 month.

As far as i can tell, the current system cannot be abused. You either log in, or you dont.  But to implement an addition to the system based on mission hours, you'll have to come up with parameters to avoid abuse. Then you can attempt to convince DE this is worth the coding time for.

There should already be macro detectors in place, and this kind of feature would push DE to work on a better AFK system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be extremely honest here, if this game can withstand long enough maybe 2 years of logging in wouldn't be a problem.
Although, for further milestones (like 800 days, 1000-1500 days, etc), is it actually possible for absolute new players to get to that milestone if the game servers are down in like, 4-5 years? (just IF)

They can't catch up, nor it is worth it to catch up. 599 days and the servers are down? Bad luck to you then I guess.
If 600 is the cap, I'll be fine with it
If not, I'll agree with the Hours Milestone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the hours milestone would be better than daily. Daily seems more like a way to maybe get some extra resources you might need! Great for helping new players craft some items earlier than if they were to push themselves through the starchart to get resources. I've been following the game for years now, have around 3k hours in, and don't even have the Zenith yet just cause I might lose interest in the game for a while as I wait for a new update, a new weapon/frame to level, or a new quest to play.

I understand that they want an incentive to keep players around, but I'm not going anywhere. Just cause I don't log in doesn't mean I've completely given up on Warframe. I shouldn't feel forced to log into a game I don't feel like playing just to SLOWLY work towards some mod/weapon. I've put in the hours, plenty of them. I feel like that should be taken into consideration

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I'm not all to familiar with macros on PC, so please pardon my ignorance, but I thought there were systems currently in place that can identify whether a player is using a macro that plays the game for them. Doesn't that result in getting banned as well?

 

13 hours ago, MagPrime said:

There should already be macro detectors in place, and this kind of feature would push DE to work on a better AFK system.

In short, No. DE does not really go after people using macros. However, this is why the telos boltace was changed. People were abusing the slide attack function with macros. The attarax is another example because of the melee mods that add critical chance to the slide attack among other things. Nekros's desecrate is another good example from before his rework where you had to mash the button for the entirety of the mission. A simple search for "macros" in the forum search function will tell you all you need to know. I also have never heard, in all of my time here, of anybody ever actually being banned for macros.

The excuse is that they want to allow people with disabilities to be able to play the game easier. Their game might be able to take account for macro programs, but macros are also a built in feature of most gaming mice/keyboards. I suspect it would be difficult to keep up with that either way.

But this also means you need to account for this with your system. If that means we need a better afk system or whatever it takes.... you'll need to work that out too.

Here is DE's official stance

 

Edited by Faulcun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As to the suggestion with "people get rewards the more hours they have"- you can log in the game and just stand afk in your ship for hours. What's going to stop people from doing that to rack up hours to get these rewards faster?

I got about 2000 hours in the game and many of those are afk due to real life stuff happening whilst I'm playing. But others could just turn their pc or console on, log in to Warframe and leave their character on their ship and go to work. I think the log in system should stay as is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

As to the suggestion with "people get rewards the more hours they have"- you can log in the game and just stand afk in your ship for hours. What's going to stop people from doing that to rack up hours to get these rewards faster?

I got about 2000 hours in the game and many of those are afk due to real life stuff happening whilst I'm playing. But others could just turn their pc or console on, log in to Warframe and leave their character on their ship and go to work. I think the log in system should stay as is.

It could use time spent in missions to detect that. I believe there's a stat in your profile that shows that specific stat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

As to the suggestion with "people get rewards the more hours they have"- you can log in the game and just stand afk in your ship for hours. What's going to stop people from doing that to rack up hours to get these rewards faster?

I got about 2000 hours in the game and many of those are afk due to real life stuff happening whilst I'm playing. But others could just turn their pc or console on, log in to Warframe and leave their character on their ship and go to work. I think the log in system should stay as is.

Game only records in mission time. If your ingame profile shows 2k hours, then thays your missions played, not how long you've been logged in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i disagree why shouldn't we be rewarded with things like zenistar and primed mods for playing for the time we have..Its not like you cant play without the mods so your not missing out really. i think all these sorts of threads are BS.You just want a easier faster way to get the items and don't want to play for so long  that what it seems like..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...