Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Trading: Reasonable Price Ranges

Paradoxbomb

Question

I've recently started playing Warframe again so I'm pretty new to the whole Riven mod thing, and while I'm aware that it'll vary based on what weapon the Riven is for as well as what each individual player thinks is fair, I was curious to know if there are any kind of "rule of thumb" price ranges in place for buying/selling Rivens based on weapon popularity. Also, is it preferred to max out the Riven's rank beforehand or leave them as is?

3 answers to this question

It's based on what stats the riven has. A soma riven with 90% crit chance and 200% dmg will go for possible 1000p, it isnt based on the weapons popularity it's based on how strong that riven can make the weapon be. I could have a seer, and if a seer riven has 110% crit and 90% dmg against grineer 180% dmg, then that would make seer amazing. 0

If that's the case, I suppose my follow up is whether or not it's better to cycle a bad Riven in an attempt to try and get better stats for it (and risk jacking up the Kuva cost while possibly not getting better stats) or to leave the Riven unrolled so that the buyer can cycle through the cheaper rolls?

I don't think there's a rule of thumb for the price range of meta/sought after rivens. Warframe does seem to have a mini-game of sport trading, and consequently has caused for those types of rivens to reach "unreasonable" prices.

I tend to make posts for "WTB HEK Riven with +Dmg +Status +reload" (random example) and see what people offer. The next step is to reduce that price by 50% 0r 25% and you'll find what is probably more likely the actual price. Not all, but many people seem to compensate for  the eventual back and forth.

Or respond to people's WTS posts, but either way it's going to likely be a long conversation as people try to convince you why 2500p is reasonable and you're an a$$hole for not happily paying it.

Ranked or unranked has never played into prices for me except when dealing with a very new player who is struggling to get enough endo and credits. That struggle is real, and I usually try to work with them, but in general I don't care when I'm buying - I'm looking for stats and weapon type.

Trading in WF is a lot easier if you aren't greedy, or impatient. I tend to look for deals that suit my budget, and never try to talk somebody into my price. If they want a lot more I tell them thanks for their time, and let them know it's ONLY about my budget and nothing personal. I don't typically sell... anything really. When I have sold I happily sell below the average rate for a simple sell. 

Good luck.

Edited by (PS4)SKRIMP-N-GRITZ
decided my sarcastic response wasn't helpful.