Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discount for first alias change?

MdzKnight

I know that this is brought up before - which I hope means I'm not the only one who might push for this but...

Can we have a discount for changing the alias for the first time? (I'd say make it free for the first time, but I understand if that's not gonna happen).

So if possible at least, just lower that cost.

I realize (also from reading the earlier post), that this may give scammers something to exploit - but it could potentially help a lot of newbies as well.

I'm speaking on behalf on some of my warframe friends who I invited to warframe, who then thought it may not be all that fun for them (which now it definitely is) and is now regretting the random sh*t they typed on their alias/username to get quickly get past the registration page. I would know, I also put random scribbles in usernames for games when I think I'm not going to commit the hours rather than get that "awesome-username-you-spent-30-minutes-thinking-about is already taken" message.

There's also the thing about platinum being easy to get later on, but I'm thinking of the guys who are yet to understand the game economy, the trade chat, and the other things that should make platinum trading totally feasible to them (they only get 50p at the start and nothing else).

There's also the fact that we can use a secondary barrier (mastery rank?) to stop potential scammers from just changing names all the time (and players who commit time into their accounts are basically unaffected), and again it's only a 1-time thing.

In summary:

• Make alias changing affordable the first time (90% or does 20plat sound fair?).
  • Give a requirement (like MR3) for this discount.
  • Maybe a cooldown as well?
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is nothing wrong with a 200p cost for a name change. I don't buy plat really and I have changed my name almost 10 times in 2 years. I am never changing it now, but if you really think carefully, you don't need to change your name more than once unless you care about a clan tag (you risk it though if that clan doesn't work out). The only reason I use a clan tag is because I will never leave my clan and I am staying with this username.

TL;DR No we don't need a discount. You can trade or buy platinum.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

you can change your name in warframe on pc, but for PS4 you cannot as far as I know since it is your psn

You'd have to change the PSN name, I know you can get a gt change on xbox for $10, not sure about PS4 though. Thats how you would do it in theory on ps4 at least.

9 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

There is nothing wrong with a 200p cost for a name change. I don't buy plat really and I have changed my name almost 10 times in 2 years. I am never changing it now, but if you really think carefully, you don't need to change your name more than once unless you care about a clan tag (you risk it though if that clan doesn't work out). The only reason I use a clan tag is because I will never leave my clan and I am staying with this username.

TL;DR No we don't need a discount. You can trade or buy platinum.

Wut? I've never changed my name and I've never seen the need to. Having clan tags is probably the most hideous things I see on accounts. I love account names that are minimilsitic. Numbers, symbols, tags and such just ruin names

Just now, Arniox said:

Wut? I've never changed my name and I've never seen the need to. Having clan tags is probably the most hideous things I see on accounts. I love account names that are minimilsitic. Numbers, symbols, tags and such just ruin names

LastBrokenHorsefly.gif

Some people like myself enjoy representing their clan within their username and it is their choice.