Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share Hey kiddo Moments of your Operator here SPOILER HARROW QUEST

Crimson_Ruby_313

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@AeroWar sometimes it is very quiet XD There was this one time when I noticed it before it even spoke. We played staring contest for a good 10-15 seconds before it finally said the "hey kiddo" thing. Maybe you are so focused on your thing that you just zoom past it and it doesn't even have time to say "hi"? :)

(speculation)

17 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

@Oreades If you repeat The War Within, you can "force" a hey kiddo visit again. But other than that, yeah it is a rare occurence.

Indeed this is the case.

26 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I still to this day haven't seen my Void Demon..... I heard it say the "Hey Kiddo" thing the first time I got back on the Liset after the quest (the day it came out) but just thought it was an audio cue.

I thought the same thing when I heard it. I think that it was next to my ramp from the Navigation to Arsenal room, but that's just because when I walked by that area I heard it. I freaked out and spun around so much that I probably put my screen on and off of it in an instant and it disappeared. XD

• 1 month later...

Okay here's a good one :laugh:

I left my frame at the arsenal and popped out of my pod to experiment with a different color scheme

When I walked out of the transference room I had this scene before me:

Spoiler

pw7RTyD.jpg

Spoiler

Note that in this position, hey kiddo is missing the glowy void eyes >.< get your act together DE! :crylaugh: (kidding)

8q4KmbJ.jpg

Spoiler

dDjrJoS.jpg

Looks like "hey kiddo" copies your costume when an orbiter session starts

Then if you alter your outlook, it doesn't follow the fashion immediately

It was soooo weird, seeing the two of them looking different, BUT IT WAS SO COOL! XD

Edited by Aldrr

• 1 month later...
On 2018-04-07 at 10:14 AM, Aldrr said:

Okay here's a good one :laugh:

I left my frame at the arsenal and popped out of my pod to experiment with a different color scheme

When I walked out of the transference room I had this scene before me:

Reveal hidden contents

pw7RTyD.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Note that in this position, hey kiddo is missing the glowy void eyes >.< get your act together DE! :crylaugh: (kidding)

8q4KmbJ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

dDjrJoS.jpg

Looks like "hey kiddo" copies your costume when an orbiter session starts

Then if you alter your outlook, it doesn't follow the fashion immediately

It was soooo weird, seeing the two of them looking different, BUT IT WAS SO COOL! XD

I've done this too. The difference is that I did it on purpose, it wasn't happenstance. I wanted to see if I could possibly dig up some lore by tampering with this stuff. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

I did not get a screenshot of mine. Instead I merely have the story of it.

I completed Chains of Harrow on the first day it came out. In 2017. I was spooked by Wally when he first showed up after the quest. Time and time again, reading the forums showed that he could return. Yet, he never came back for me. Ordis would greet me back every mission, jolly little cephalon that I love, yet I yearned for Wally to be in my orbiter. Eight months passed, and I had all but forgotten about Wally. 

It was three weeks ago that it happened. During a discord call with friends we returned from a fissure mission. I was ecstatic as I had just gotten the last piece of Nekros Prime. Soon, I would have another Prime frame for collection. And then Wally got me something fierce. With his typical greeting, "Hey kiddo" he caused me to shriek in terror and toss off my headset. My mouse flicked around as I flinched from the jumpscare, and when I pulled myself together, Wally was gone. He stung without warning, waiting for me to forget he was there, then left before I could see him. It was the first time I'd been truly scared of anything in Warframe since my first meeting with Stalker, all those years ago. 

So today I met Wally for about the 5th time here. However, in this occasion, I realized that he have some animation that seemingly done in a loop. Dunno if this old news or just recently added, because he usually just stay stoic on our meeting before (while doing whatever he does).

Test_1.png

It looped from top left -> top right -> bottom left -> bottom right -> center -> back again, for anyone interested.

So, I've been digging through a lot of the lore recently, and part of that involved me replaying the Chains of Harrow quest. As you know, HeyKiddo will spawn after it is concluded, which was nothing new for any of us. As I looked at my alter ego Operator, their eyes had changed slightly compared to all the prior appearances. Left is the usual Tenno look, the right was how she looked up until recently, and the middle is the new look, which seems to be an amalgamate of left and right.

Spoiler

K6vSYrL.jpg