Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Frost Halloween helmet

This will be my first time doing Tennogen, I decided to start with a helmet. This is a mock up of a frost helmet that I want to fit the Halloween theme for the next round but not look completely out of place with his normal skins. I'd love to get some feedback.

____________________________________________________________________________________

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123277509

c3yhyc7.png

Testing out the low poly mesh with quick mock textures to see how things look in the Tennogen editor.

gMwepcH.png

Original Mockup

GTWCqIR.jpg

Edited by VoidPunch
14 hours ago, VoidPunch said:

This will be my first time doing Tennogen, I decided to start with a helmet. This is a mock up of a frost helmet that I want to fit the Halloween theme for the next round but not look completely out of place with his normal skins. I'd love to get some feedback.

GTWCqIR.jpg

Mask evil horns ok hat no looks like pokemon or amish hat for women and for that helmets is not ok... but i like the style so if you change something it would be amazing. https://www.google.it/search?q=amish+hats&client=ms-android-huawei&prmd=ismvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE1oPm2bbVAhXKthoKHTXmABgQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=518#tbm=isch&q=amish+hats+women&imgrc=6XPUl-qbewitdM: Please dont go in that direction...an yea i love frost and thats why i need good looking helmet....

Edited by Vlada91
1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Common players it's similar to first helmet. And if i'm going to give money I need some thing much different and cool looking.

If you want something to your own taste then make one yourself. So far the only thing you did is just nagging people to make something you want like you own them.

For creators : Just a reminder that whenever someone says "change this and you'll have my vote" or "change this and i will buy it". Vote doesn't not mean much, in the end DE will be the one who decide whether your items gets in or not. And 1 person's purchase will only have a value of 2$ - tax and will not represent other players purchase decision.

So no need to feel insecure by comments like that, do what you believe is best.

Edited by Rekkou
1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

If you want something to your own taste then make one yourself. So far the only thing you did is just nagging people to make something you want like you own them.

For creators : Just a reminder that whenever someone says "change this and you'll have my vote" or "change this and i will buy it". Vote doesn't not mean much, in the end DE will be the one who decide whether your items gets in or not. And 1 person's purchase will only have a value of 2$ - tax and will not represent other players purchase decision.

So no need to feel insecure by comments like that, do what you believe is best.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Artists accept the good and bad reviews. In this way are routed for further work. For half of it I do not care such as in female frames. But that does not mean I want to commend the artist or maybe say something that at first glance does not look good or it looks amazing. I'm not the one who make money but they do and it is logical that I'm trying to help.Any honest criticism is good criticism... 🤑😊🍻

Edited by Vlada91
5 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Artists accept the good and bad reviews. In this way are routed for further work. For half of it I do not care such as in female frames. But that does not mean I want to commend the artist or maybe say something that at first glance does not look good or it looks amazing. I'm not the one who make money but they do and it is logical that I'm trying to help.Any honest criticism is good criticism... 🤑😊🍻

Except that it's not honest, it's personal demand disguised as criticism.

Say what you will. My point was not meant for you, my point is so the creators know that some people only care for what they want. So no need to feel dictated by a random guy on the internet.

Shrug, I like it as is. I definitely don't see it as being too similar to the default helmet either. Let's start with the obvious point here - it's got two horns which are also different in shape. Secondly, it has an entirely different shape and then thirdly, it's face is different too.

Something doesn't have to be 'out there' to be acceptable or decent.

All I want for it is to be accepted and have decent textures with metallic PBR :D

Edited by Valiant
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2017 at 9:11 PM, Vlada91 said:

Now its beter and for first time you are good,but then again here some example for more inspiration :smile: 

n0fZWDn.jpg

Make your own helmets.

Stop trying to force your views on others.

Edited by Ascythian
7 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Make your own helmets.

Stop trying to force your views on others.

Im not good as him but when I see potential i want for him to be best possible that he can be,because i love Frost and i hope for the best looking desain...

ygrLd46.png

@VoidPunch I prefer your version over the repaints from the guy harassing you. What you have going is a far better match to the pseudo-faceless aesthetic of Warframe, it stays away from overtly-conventional design language and the abstraction of a skull-like forms is really great for Halloween. Do what you like of course but don't feel that you need to change your design vision just because some guy, who is going around harassing everyone who is trying to make Frost content, thinks you should defer to him, for some reason, when it comes to making design decisions.