Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Frost Halloween helmet

11 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Im not good as him

Then let them be and stop buzzing around like some insect who thinks they know better than the creator.

Im all for constructive criticism but you are just showing your arrogance a little too much.

If you have a vision for something then do it yourself, they are not your slave.

Edited by Ascythian
2 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Then let them be and stop buzzing around like some insect who thinks they know better than the creator.

Im all for constructive criticism but you are just showing your arrogance a little too much.

If you have a vision for something then do it yourself, they are not your slave.

I'm an artist and I have a degree in it, if I do not know how to do it does not mean that I do not have eyes.And I see it differently from my art perspective...You may not know the concept related to art but I know.Sometimes your work is best observed when is in a second side of view...And do not call me insects only because I have my own opinion.I love when I see talented people just like to also point out to them and point to something better in a good way... Maybe I'm boring but it doesn't mean I don't care about his work... we dont need this in the game xD 

i5V6ATn.jpg

Edited by Vlada91

You're treading awfully close to the "no eyes" rule. DE has slapped down people over something as simple as blindfolds, I'd be careful since they are really finicky about that stuff.

Looks good though. Breaks away from that flat head theme everyone else rolls with. I like it.

16 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

I'm an artist and I have a degree in it, if I do not know how to do it does not mean that I do not have eyes.

Felt inclined to chip in here... Just because you're an 'artist' and supposedly have a degree it doesn't mean you're necessarily better than another person or equally have little chance of giving bad advice and your opinion is best.

Especially considering some of the 'art' we have these days is highly overrated.

Anyways, @VoidPunch I kinda prefered the first edition still, had a nice balance of sci-fi and your halloween intention. Further to that I agree with Kyotra, it's too close to the no eyes rule which is why the first edition seemed better as it wasn't so clear cut.

Edited by Valiant
1 hour ago, Valiant said:

Anyways, @VoidPunch I kinda prefered the first edition still, had a nice balance of sci-fi and your halloween intention. Further to that I agree with Kyotra, it's too close to the no eyes rule which is why the first edition seemed better as it wasn't so clear cut.

Can you point out what it is that makes the second iteration's "eyes" more clear cut? I'm still making tweaks but I can't pin down what it is about the eyes... is it how thin they are in the original version? The original version was mostly a painting however.

18 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

I'm an artist and I have a degree in it, if I do not know how to do it does not mean that I do not have eyes.And I see it differently from my art perspective...You may not know the concept related to art but I know.Sometimes your work is best observed when is in a second side of view...And do not call me insects only because I have my own opinion.I love when I see talented people just like to also point out to them and point to something better in a good way... Maybe I'm boring but it doesn't mean I don't care about his work... we dont need this in the game xD 

Please stop pushing your own designs on my thread, my design is already decided upon. This is a thread for seeking feedback, not a new design. Find someone to colab with if you are that insistent on what you want.

4 minutes ago, VoidPunch said:

Can you point out what it is that makes the second iteration's "eyes" more clear cut? I'm still making tweaks but I can't pin down what it is about the eyes... is it how thin they are in the original version? The original version was mostly a painting however.

Think it's due to how it's more defined now. It has wider eyes opposed to the thinner slits, the face/skull-like jaw area is much more obvious and you can even see even a nose. Due to this stuff it stresses eyes/a face much more.

In fact, it now really reminds me of a Batarian from Mass Effect.

Edited by Valiant
5 minutes ago, VoidPunch said:

Please stop pushing your own designs on my thread, my design is already decided upon. This is a thread for seeking feedback, not a new design. Find someone to colab with if you are that insistent on what you want.

Ok np and for eyes and his face it what I like in the helmet... and I wish you all the best in this and the new frame creations 🍻

7 hours ago, VoidPunch said:

The reason the 2nd model looks different than the first is probably because the shading under the hood is gone. The "face" becomes unnaturally more visible and loses its mysterious/sinister feel. You might want to try another renderer tool with better shading, Tennogen tool isn't really good for presentation. Alternatively, you can add ambient occlusion or artificial shading.

u guys are aware that #1 such stuff is highly opinion and #2 ur color differences are pointless since u can color the different layers as u want later in the game. i'd suggest to not fill this person's thread with discussing ur personal qualifications, opinions on details and thus being disrespectful towards the creator of this thread and helmet. he clearly has his design made up already and since it is his design in the end anyway how about remembering that ?

13 hours ago, VoidPunch said:

can fully understand u.

concerning ur helmet: i think it looks great as it is and fits halloween quite well. personally speaking the only thing i think could maybe need 1 or 2 more dails is the triangular piece between the topmost "eyes" and maybe the textures on the hood. they look a bit stretched and pixelated on the picture, if thats because its just an early model ignore this, im just taking what i see. the triangular piece could maybe use a bit of the "mouth" or "teeth" texture, at least in my eyes it looks a bit too clean right there considering how the rest of the design looks. it at least could use some textures instead of being fully blank like it is on this picture.

greetings