Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Nergal Halloween helmet - Now on steam!

Lucha

Hi everyone! Haven't been here for a while, but now with Tennogen round 10 theme I think it's time to try my hand at helmets. This is an initial stage, I'm trying to define the overall shape so far. I hope I'll finish this one. Looking forward to some feedback (both positive and negative XD).

I6xDj9W.png

Small update. Starting to define details. I should think more about back side XD

Hk8hfAG.png

Another small update. Backside is almost shaped. Deciding what to do with the 'face' part.

dUrIWKd.png

Hey, do you see another face here? ;)

aVkChaS.png

Quick update: next level of detailing - more difficulties and hard decisions XD

tKdKrcS.png

Another quick update.

bB9Qoss.png

Another small update. I just need to polish everything. Wish me good luck!

9zW2NQO.png

Face almost done. Back side needs another couple of hours :c

V3hkRda.png

Okay, I'm done with the sculpt.

DovJBXT.png

Live on steam!

PAxgxpa.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124983360&searchtext=

Edited by Lucha
  • Like 6

I like it.  Looks fungal and decayed, quite different from the regal death-god look of most nekros helms, while still in-character and in-theme.  My only question is concerning how the mortos binds will attach.

Edited by Kothophed
  • Like 1

Helmet looks fantastic, I love the rigid bony appearance with the crack and how it seamlessly transitions to a more smooth looking "face". maybe you could add some of the small lights and metallic bits to suit the Tenno aesthetic. The circular parts on the frill and by the mouth would be great places for them to be.

On 02.08.2017 at 7:20 PM, Pro3Display said:

i hope this won't be some sort of infringement with hellboy

DelToroAngelofDeath2.jpg

Yep, he was one of the main sources for inspiration. I think if goes wrong, DE won't pick my submission ;)

On 02.08.2017 at 10:39 PM, Vlada91 said:

xD ???  MM-protoceratops-illustration-BIG-e14939

Haha, this will be applied to Chroma next round, thank you for idea! XD

On 03.08.2017 at 1:21 AM, Kothophed said:

I like it.  Looks fungal and decayed, quite different from the regal death-god look of most nekros helms, while still in-character and in-theme.  My only question is concerning how the mortos binds will attach.

Thank you! I'm working on this problem (not a problem actually) ;)

On 03.08.2017 at 6:43 AM, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

While it does certainly look somewhat different I do fear that the crack makes it too similar to the hellboy character. I would suggest either removing the crack or perhaps having something else in its place, perhaps the blade of a broken weapon. Like a cleaver or heat dagger.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm afraid I won't delete crack(s) as it  reminds me of russian kokoshnik (see below) and I'm starting to feel sad for nekros XD Stabbing a dagger in his head is a nice idea, however it will consume much more time and I don't think I will be able to make a nice weapon replica. For now I leave it as is, however I'm still thinking of solutions.

XniV3Uc.jpg

On 03.08.2017 at 7:18 AM, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

Did he just got curb stomped by Rhino or something lmao?

They could't share one glass of greedy milk...

23 hours ago, Crimzunn said:

Helmet looks fantastic, I love the rigid bony appearance with the crack and how it seamlessly transitions to a more smooth looking "face". maybe you could add some of the small lights and metallic bits to suit the Tenno aesthetic. The circular parts on the frill and by the mouth would be great places for them to be.

Yep, I've marked some 'eyes' already, I'll think about mouth area :) Btw, I hope it doesn't look too face-y, otherwise I'm doomed to a failure XD

Thank you for feedback, I've updated the first post with a little piece of progress ;)

15 minutes ago, Lucha said:

Yep, he was one of the main sources for inspiration. I think if goes wrong, DE won't pick my submission ;)

Haha, this will be applied to Chroma next round, thank you for idea! XD

Np mate xD  I'm glad I could be of help :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Lucha said:

Even a joke can be a helping hand ;)

Also, updated tha first post.

Pinterest.com is good for new idea and maybe it will hellp you to finish look for sci fi nekros helmet.  And are you going helmet+ body skin or just helmet?

12 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Pinterest.com is good for new idea and maybe it will hellp you to finish look for sci fi nekros helmet.  And are you going helmet+ body skin or just helmet?

I know this resource, but I'm too lazy to create account there and without it it says "go away" XD Well, for this round it will be just a helmet (very limited time) but maybe I'll finish his look with body skin some day :satisfied:

17 minutes ago, Lucha said:

I know this resource, but I'm too lazy to create account there and without it it says "go away" XD Well, for this round it will be just a helmet (very limited time) but maybe I'll finish his look with body skin some day :satisfied:

Ok good to know 😊👌 and in the end what are you going to do next frame? And here some example for nekros face    https://pinterest.com/pin/539446861602098180/?source_app=android

Edited by Vlada91

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Ok so you are going to do dino croma cool cool 😊👌

Oh, you mean what frame will be next to get skin/helmet? I thought you meant next stage of helmet-creation XD 

I was working on Banshee before the announcement of Halloween round, so I guess she'll be the next to be submitted :satisfied:

Edited by Lucha

1 hour ago, Lucha said:

Oh, you mean what frame will be next to get skin/helmet? I thought you meant next stage of helmet-creation XD 

I was working on Banshee before the announcement of Halloween round, so I guess she'll be the next to be submitted :satisfied:

Yes and ok thats good 2 know and I wish you good luck 😊👌🍻

Edited by Vlada91

17 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Banshee? What is it u plan for this banshee? What's it based off of? That's nuff to make me me happy.

I can't guarantee anything because I redesign her for the 3rd time, but for now I can give you a little hint ;)

Spoiler

niDglu7.jpg

Edited by Lucha

On 8/2/2017 at 11:52 AM, Lucha said:

Hi everyone! Haven't been here for a while, but now with Tennogen round 10 theme I think it's time to try my hand at helmets. This is an initial stage, I'm trying to define the overall shape so far. I hope I'll finish this one. Looking forward to some feedback (both positive and negative XD).

I6xDj9W.png

Small update. Starting to define details. I should think more about back side XD

Hk8hfAG.png

Another small update. Backside is almost shaped. Deciding what to do with the 'face' part.

dUrIWKd.png

Hey, do you see another face here? ;)

aVkChaS.pngmabey this is asking too much, but I'm not a big fan of the whole fan shaped thing. I'd say keep the face you have right now( which looks amazing), and replace the fan shape with two horns that point back and up. Like a demon, the two horns sort of twist up and towards each other the higher they get. Hell honestly, you could make that a whole different helmet if you wanted to.

Thank you! <3

I'm going to the next level of subdivision, i.e. it's time to define more details! I'm not sure about the chin and protruding "muscles". I don't want to overload it with such details in order to maintain focus on the central and "fan" part, however I am not sure... it looks a little bit too polished and metallic. So which version do you like more - previous one or this one?

TLunysP.png