Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Nekros Nergal Halloween helmet - Now on steam!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lucha said:

Guys, I uploaded it yesterday (though I've changed preview image today (but I think it's okay since I haven't touched files))!

Thanks for support! <3

I'm also very thankful to lukinu_u for help with Substance Painter (though it did not export tints as intended lol (I made it by exporting masks and glueing them into a working tintmask))! 

PAxgxpa.png

I will add more pics later.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124983360&searchtext=

:inlove:

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fantastic! The only thing I have against it is it doesn't go well with his aesthetic. It's amazing, but needs a few design cues from the front of his torso. 

Maybe those little crosshair notches that go down his chest? I like it as it is though! It's just that the Lazarus helmet we got looked so out of place with the rest of his model, it ruined both the helmet and the overall look. Which is upsetting! 

The only thing that would fix the Lazarus helmet would be to create a Lazarus skin for the rest of him... It just doesn't look good with the rest of his appearance... 

I love the helmet though, Lucha! I'm just worried that we'll never see one that fits his aesthetic as well as his original or Prime helmets. 

Disclaimer: Of course this is just my opinion. 

Happy Space Labor Day, Tenno! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

That's fantastic! The only thing I have against it is it doesn't go well with his aesthetic. It's amazing, but needs a few design cues from the front of his torso. 

Maybe those little crosshair notches that go down his chest? I like it as it is though! It's just that the Lazarus helmet we got looked so out of place with the rest of his model, it ruined both the helmet and the overall look. Which is upsetting! 

The only thing that would fix the Lazarus helmet would be to create a Lazarus skin for the rest of him... It just doesn't look good with the rest of his appearance... 

I love the helmet though, Lucha! I'm just worried that we'll never see one that fits his aesthetic as well as his original or Prime helmets. 

Disclaimer: Of course this is just my opinion. 

Happy Space Labor Day, Tenno! 

Crosshair notches? Sorry, I can't catch what you mean :(

The point is Nekros still has no PBR treatment (as far as I understand, tennogen files include only old texture set), but it is very glossy (if I put maps correctly), so it was quite an issue (for me). But if to put technical matters aside, I am not quite satisfied with what I have now. I wanted to add those "tendrils" which I had in my sculpt but which I had to omit since I had no time left.

And yep, I'm going to proceed with a body skin to match this helmet if it gets into the game, otherwise I see no point in it.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

That's true! It's just aesthetically different and I wish we could get a skin to go with that helmet, too! I'd be "virtually" throwing D.E. my platinum! 

Well, author of Lazarus is Kaz, who is now a DE designer. She is responsible for Nekros deluxe skin as far as I understand. I don't think she will do a Lazarus skin. Unfortunately :( But hey, soon we will have a Nekros deluxe!

 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I love the Lazarus helmet and how it fits Nekros Prime :)

Sometimes it's just a matter of the right colours

Colors are the thing, yes :) I personally love Lazarus design.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 2:07 PM, Lucha said:

The point is Nekros still has no PBR treatment (as far as I understand, tennogen files include only old texture set), but it is very glossy (if I put maps correctly), so it was quite an issue (for me). But if to put technical matters aside, I am not quite satisfied with what I have now. I wanted to add those "tendrils" which I had in my sculpt but which I had to omit since I had no time left.

And yep, I'm going to proceed with a body skin to match this helmet if it gets into the game, otherwise I see no point in it.

Oh man that would be fantastic! I have seen his texture and it can be ridiculously glossy.  I'm decent and know how to use a few of the design programs, but don't have time with my degree to try my hand at some skin design! 

If you're  serious about a Nekros skin to go with that helmet, you'll have my platinum and my sincerest gratitude! 

Oh and those "crosshairs" I mentioned previously are those little white x's that are present down the front of plain Nekros' torso. They match his standard helmet's mechanical bone appearance. I sometimes refer to them as "ascending bone-belly buttons"! I hope that's enough of a description? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Oh man that would be fantastic! I have seen his texture and it can be ridiculously glossy.  I'm decent and know how to use a few of the design programs, but don't have time with my degree to try my hand at some skin design! 

If you're  serious about a Nekros skin to go with that helmet, you'll have my platinum and my sincerest gratitude! 

Oh and those "crosshairs" I mentioned previously are those little white x's that are present down the front of plain Nekros' torso. They match his standard helmet's mechanical bone appearance. I sometimes refer to them as "ascending bone-belly buttons"! I hope that's enough of a description? 

"Ascending bone-belly buttons"! Got it! The best description I've seen :laugh:

Btw, good luck with your degree! :satisfied:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

hey hey, looks like you made the deadline!

Well...it's complicated. I uploaded it on 31th of August, but decided to change preview pic on the 1st of September because it was just a quick Tennogen screenshot ( I could not make a nice render that day). Steam got it as if I uploaded my file on the 1st of September, so it is likely DE will omit it as it technically don't meet the deadline requirement. I don't know. I'm very nervous to be honest. I even see this stupid helmet in my dreams now. Oh my :sad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lucha said:

Well...it's complicated. I uploaded it on 31th of August, but decided to change preview pic on the 1st of September because it was just a quick Tennogen screenshot ( I could not make a nice render that day). Steam got it as if I uploaded my file on the 1st of September, so it is likely DE will omit it as it technically don't meet the deadline requirement. I don't know. I'm very nervous to be honest. I even see this stupid helmet in my dreams now. Oh my :sad:

Depends how they pull them I guess.  When I follow your link it says Uploaded 8/31 lol.  GOOD LUCK!! love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

Depends how they pull them I guess.  When I follow your link it says Uploaded 8/31 lol.  GOOD LUCK!! love it.

Thank you! ^_^ 

 

21 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

well lucha,.... we've had a good run. now... show me that sexy banshee helm

 

Oooh youuu... :satisfied:

I have nothing decent to show you now, sorry. I will when I have it ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2017 at 3:20 PM, (PS4)i7081277 said:

well lucha,.... we've had a good run. now... show me that sexy banshee helm

 

Banshee helm? I'd like to see more of your work, Lucha! Especially, after seeing your Nekros helmet! I also wonder what helmets we'll get to see for Banshee after that awesome Echo helmet by Rekkou! 

Frankly, I think Tennogen is the best feature of Warframe because it gets the community involved and it allows digital artists an avenue to express their talents! 

I haven't really seen any other game that is as involved with artists as this game! 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Echo...
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09.09.2017 at 9:21 PM, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Banshee helm? I'd like to see more of your work, Lucha! Especially, after seeing your Nekros helmet! I also wonder what helmets we'll get to see for Banshee after that awesome Echo helmet by Rekkou! 

Frankly, I think Tennogen is the best feature of Warframe because it gets the community involved and it allows digital artists an avenue to express their talents! 

I haven't really seen any other game that is as involved with artists as this game! 

Thank you! It's not just helmet, it is a full skin ;)

Tennogen is a very cool feature of Warframe, yes. There are several games which support "modding", but I am not sure they have the same quality control, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

So disheartened this hasn't been picked for Halloween Tennogen.

So so so so so so disheartened.

Even because there's an accepted entry that it's so horrible it feels insulting.

Well I knew it won't be picked at some moment. However, I will be waiting for feedback from DE, which shall be given during next week. If no feedback is provided, I guess it's a total failure. Let's wait for a bit and see what happens ;) Anyways, I'm glad people like my work! :highfive:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

it was pretty good in my opinion. 

you've gotta start somewhere. you're clearly very talented so just do whatever you feel is right with your art and believe in yourself.

Thank you for kind words and support!:satisfied:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...