Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do creators get paid for their Tennogen creations?

PC TennoGen authors receive revenue from the Steam Workshop directly, it is 30% of the price split between the author(s) in question. If there is a collaboration, the authors can split the 30% however they choose.

Theoretically maybe someone gets 60%, someone gets 30%, and someone gets 10%. But end fact is that the authors get a third of the sales price.

However this is different from Consoles, because XBox and Playstation can not calculate and pay out individual sales. So technically they can't, or won't, pay authors at all. However to make up for this DE is generous and just enough to pay the author in advance.

That's about the jist of it, I'm not sure how much detail we are allowed to share on the matter.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

30% for single creator, if collaboration its split 15%

Actually, the creator who submits the creation can choose how much of a split goes to each collaborator.

43 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

I wonder how much they really get out of it. Theirs 26 Million regristered Players I wonder how much of these buy tennogen stuff. 

Registered players =/= active players. There aren't 30 million (it's at 30 million, btw, not 26 million) active players playing Warframe. Registered players just means the number of accounts created. So there aren't 30 million people playing the game. Not only, but Tennogen is only through Steam, and the max amount of Warframe players on Steam at any given time was like 60k or something like that (and I doubt that the number of Xbox One, PS4, or non-Steam PC players is individually much more than that; I doubt there are even 1 million players playing this game). That said, thousands of players buy Tennogen stuff, so DE's probably made a fair amount of money from it. Tennogen creators have probably made thousands from it. I can't go into actual specifics per Valve's guidelines, but there are a lot of people who buy Tennogen. Certainly not the majority, but a lot of people do buy them.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

2 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Actually, the creator who submits the creation can choose how much of a split goes to each collaborator.

Registered players =/= active players. There aren't 30 million (it's at 30 million, btw, not 26 million) active players playing Warframe. Registered players just means the number of accounts created. So there aren't 30 million people playing the game. Not only, but Tennogen is only through Steam, and the max amount of Warframe players on Steam at any given time was like 60k or something like that (and I doubt that the number of Xbox One, PS4, or non-Steam PC players is individually much more than that; I doubt there are even 1 million players playing this game). That said, thousands of players buy Tennogen stuff, so DE's probably made a fair amount of money from it. Tennogen creators have probably made thousands from it. I can't go into actual specifics per Valve's guidelines, but there are a lot of people who buy Tennogen. Certainly not the majority, but a lot of people do buy them.

ah

if thats the case id share evenly or more with collaboration person  , as they would be doing me a favor then