Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.3.0

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reduced the frequency that Quick Thinking can stagger lock a player. This is actually undoing a bug fix where Quick Thinking wasn't staggering players as often as it was intended to, but this is the new intention now! Essentially Quick Thinking is back to the way it was pre Update 21.

Because not being stagger locked with QT when it is actually useful ie high level makes a difference at all. Being staggered once is enough to get yourself, killed defeating the purpose of the mod in the first place. SMH. The only disadvantages that should come along with the mod is a the mod cost and b the huge amounts of energy that you lose when taking heavy hits. Add a stagger on top of that and you might as well not use the mod and just use a revive.

Edited by iDEBz

11 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

So you meant to stealth nerf an already non mandatory mod just to have it back fire and break the game? If QT wasn't staggering brutally on accident, it would have been stealth nerfed. :thumbdown:I thought transparency was the big focus after the data mine fiasco. I guess not.

No, you see, the mod performed in an X way and some update broke it so it did not do X anymore, they tried to make it do X again but it now did Y which was complete garbage so they actually reverted it to X.

Stop being an A****** for no reason.

2 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Stop with the mastery fodder goddamnit! And self-damaging weapon to top it - people not gonna use it ffs.

You're not gonna use it, some people will. Not all weapons are for everyone, that's why 300+ of them exist.

8 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

You're not gonna use it, some people will. Not all weapons are for everyone, that's why 300+ of them exist.

A lot of people would have used self-damaging weapons if they didn't have a suicide risk attached to them. But why would anyone use on a regular basis a weapon with fast damage drop-off and suicide risk, while you could kill way more enemies with a quick melee? That's a problem that DE just keep ignoring completely. Ofc those weapons aren't popular - because they're not accessible and don't provide enough incentive anyway.

The only thing self-damaging weapons do better than anything else in the game - is kill you.  

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

10 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

A lot of people would have used self-damaging weapons if they didn't have a suicide risk attached to them. But why would anyone use on a regular basis a weapon with fast damage drop-off and suicide risk, while you could kill way more enemies with a quick melee? That's a problem that DE just keep ignoring completely. Ofc those weapons aren't popular - because they're not accessible and don't provide enough incentive anyway.

The only thing self-damaging weapons do better than anything else in the game - is kill you.  

People do and will continue to use self-damaging weapons because they freaking want to, no one is obligated to use the popular stuff. And your last statement is completely false, have you ever used one with a proper build?

I swear this community is too casual nowadays, only the most powerful weapons have the right to exist and weapons that people can have fun with are apparently useless because mister "quick-melee" is better says so.

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

People do and will continue to use self-damaging weapons because they freaking want to, no one is obligated to use the popular stuff. And your last statement is completely false, have you ever used one with a proper build?

I swear this community is too casual nowadays, only the most powerful weapons have the right to exist and weapons that people can have fun with are apparently useless because mister "quick-melee" is better says so.

Drop the elitist bs. M8. Melee can wipe out whole rooms effectively replacing even the best of aoe weapons while having no drawbacks. Don't look for faults in the community. If something is incentivized by the developers it's gonna happen.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

I don't understand the concept behind quick thinking related to the stagger effect. If it's akin to quick reflexes, or saving throws from d&d, they are used to represent the character's ability to avoid or resist the threat. Stagger effect on "quick thinking" looks rather like slow thinking and missing a punch.

26 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Drop the elitist bs. M8. Melee can wipe out whole rooms effectively replacing even the best of aoe weapons while having no drawbacks. Don't look for faults in the community. If something is incentivized by the developers it's gonna happen.

Well that's ironic. You're calling me elitist when you're saying that a weapon shouldn't be used because there's something better? You're a shameless hypocrite mate.

11 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

I don't understand the concept behind quick thinking related to the stagger effect. If it's akin to quick reflexes, or saving throws from d&d, they are used to represent the character's ability to avoid or resist the threat. Stagger effect on "quick thinking" looks rather like slow thinking and missing a punch.

It was added because Rage+QT could basically make you immortal, there's absolutely no need for it now though...

@[DE]Megan

The recent weapons (Lenz, Jat Kusar, Pandero, Tenora and so on) have been an absolute blast to play around with and I greatly appreciate the work that has gone in behind the modelling and interesting mechanics of these weapons. However there is one thing I would like to complain about, and that is the fact that all these weapons have their metallic colouring options shared with normal textures.

Take the new Lenz for example: 

J9MRuOu.jpg

As you can see, the golden metallic colouring also affects the strip on the quiver, turning it into a light brown colour. Like many other weapons that came out recently, this is unnecessary as there are actually two (the 3rd and 4th, both govern the non-metallic sections of the bow) places where they could've linked it with. However it was still linked up with the metallic colouring option, disregarding the spare slots of non-metallic textures colouring section. I simply cannot understand why this is the case with these weapons, maybe it's because of different artists working on weapons of different factions, as we know almost all Tenno/Orokin weapons, frames and Prime Accessories have never had issue with cross colouring. Is it because the devs doesn't want us to colour our weapons like Primes when they're not of Orokin/Tenno origin? Maybe, but if they added colouring for items, they might as well give us complete control over them, instead of mixing up the colour choices and screw over fashionframe players.

I hope that the recently released weapons and all future content are look at and tweaked appropriately when it comes to colouring options, as it is quite evident that many players frown upon this issue, due to the limitations it applies for anyone that wishes for a certain metallic (eg. gold) but doesn't want that colour to also appear as normal texture (gold->yellow).

8 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Well that's ironic. You're calling me elitist when you're saying that a weapon shouldn't be used because there's something better? You're a shameless hypocrite mate.

I never said it "shouldn't be used". I said "it's not gonna be used" because of the crippling drawbacks that other more effective weapons don't have. At least read properly before insulting people.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Just now, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I never said it "shouldn't be used". I said "it's not gonna be used" because of the crippling drawbacks that other more effective weapons don't have. 

The comment above you proves that you're wrong, and there are probably hundreds here and on the wiki comments praising the weapon, and I haven't looked at Reddit.

Just now, Praxxor said:

The comment above you proves that you're wrong, and there are probably hundreds here and on the wiki comments praising the weapon, and I haven't looked at Reddit.

The comment above isn't praising the weapon. He's complaining about fashionframe -_- Read again.

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

The comment above isn't praising the weapon. He's complaining about fashionframe -_- Read again.

I would still praise the weapon though, amazing synergy, great stats and everything. Plus built-in ammo mutation, I would like to see a slightly higher number, something like 12-20, but it's just nicer on my eyes, 6 shots is completely fine for this weapon even for really high level content.

8 minutes ago, CephalonYuuki said:

I would still praise the weapon though, amazing synergy, great stats and everything. Plus built-in ammo mutation, I would like to see a slightly higher number, something like 12-20, but it's just nicer on my eyes, 6 shots is completely fine for this weapon even for really high level content.

Would you use it instead of a melee weapon\quick melee, though? Especially in the "high level content"? Probably not. For multitude of reasons. Would you use it in low-lvl regular starchart missions? Probably not, because it's too slow and tedious to use against every little low-lvl enemy. Same thing applies to all of the self-damaging weapons. They're just not worth the added tedium and risk so people don't see the point of using them. It's the same thing with sentinels (vacuum) vs other pets. Yes there are certain instances when you would use some of the other pets, but most of the people generally don't bother and just use sentinels all the time.

The problem is the lack of accessibility of this particular content - without actual practical reasoning behind it.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

11 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Would you use it instead of a melee weapon\quick melee, though? Especially in the "high level content"? Probably not. For multitude of reasons. Would you use it in low-lvl regular starchart missions? Probably not, because it's too slow and tedious to use against every little low-lvl enemy. Same thing applies to all of the self-damaging weapons. They're just not worth the added tedium and risk so people don't see the point of using them. It's the same thing with sentinels (vacuum) vs other pets. Yes there are certain instances when you would use some of the other pets, but most of the people generally don't bother and just use sentinels all the time.

While it is true that it requires multiple shots to get rid of even trash mobs in higher level content and the small ammo pool seems to be a real drawback, having built-in ammo mutation will almost guarantee that you will always have ammo to spare. Besides, nobody would draw a bow in melee range, especially ones with a somewhat long charge time and self damage. On the topic of self damage though, unlike many other self damage weapons (launchers), there's a good chunk of time for you to prepare your shots since you're able to hold the shot for up to 5 seconds like the Daikyu. I wouldn't see self damage on this being as much of a problem unless you're intentionally firing at enemies or terrain right in front of you.

Sentinel is kinda different from this, since vacuum provides a raw bonus in terms of gameplay (not spending time picking up ammo, resources and energy off of ground, I still don't get why people refuse to use it and defends themselves by saying "it's lazy"). If I want to compare sentinels and weapons it would probably be something like "not running vacuum on sentinels is like not taking your mandatory mods on weapons."

Edited by CephalonYuuki