The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid rework idea or ideas

VoidJumper

Arrr there lads

How be the rng plunderin' goin?

Just wanted to talk a little about ideas for hydroid rework seeing as we need a 100% rework of hydroid and his kit. Not just a little rework like we got for oberon or some other frames.

1. His current barrage ability should remain the same as it is. Just needs to have better mod synergy then it currently does. As the current ability doesn't work well if modded for range. Because he looses a lot of the damage and it doesn't hit as hard as it should and it affects the ultimate by spreading the tentacles too far from each other to be effective.

2. His second ability wave charge should be changed how it works completely. I believe that it should still remain as him becoming a wave of water but to work as an expanding almost form of water that drags enemies together into 1 spot and leaves them there. No additional CC is required just needed to pull enemies in 1 spot to make it easier to damage them and kill them faster for the entire party.

3. His third ability puddle. Well i don't want to sound like a bad person so ill put it another way. Its simply bad. No team synergy, no efficiency in killing, not a proper cc as it holds the enemies but keeps them save as well from your own team or abilities. I think that we should have a barrel bomb or some sort of bomb that does area of effect damage and a short stun. This ability should also give hydroid a shield buff that lasts for a short time giving him an overshield temporarily.

4. His fourth ability tentacle swarm. Its not a bad concept but i believe that that ability should be improved in its overall mechanics. My idea has a sort of a synergy to it with the second and third ability as a combo as well.

Current tentacle swarm spawns the tentacles on enemy locations. I believe this should be changed. And this is how:

First the tentacles should be able to hit 3 times, but with strong attacks. First time they spawn in a circle around hydroid and slam the ground in the middle of them(where hydroid was standing as theyre spawned in a circle around him) the slam should knock down enemies and flatten them for a short time (flatten: unable to stand up for several seconds), the second atack would be arround the circle to pull enemies inside them much like current tentacles work. Then the third attack would be done in the middle of the circle again, flattening everything again for a set duration. (ofc any enemy killed this way can provide drops if used with the augment mod). 

Now if you're still here reading this. Thank you for taking your time. And without further ado here are the numbers i have in mind. Without any changes to stats so all stats are at 100%.

1. His first ability should have 300 damage per hit.

2. His second ability "wave slam" [Insert name here] should do 600 damage.

3. His third ability as it is an explosion should do 3000 damage and give 500 shields + 50 for each enemy hit by explosion (max 10).(this could over-shields depending on what the frame needs at the moment of detonation)

4. the first tentacle slam should do 4000 damage + shield amount the frame has at the moment of cast. (for example if frame has 1000 shield + 1000 over-shield so 2000 value it would add 2000 damage to the attack of 4000 in other words 6000 damage per hit). The second attack around the circle should do default 4000 and be unchanged in its damage numbers. then the third attack would do 4000 damage + half of current shield and over-shield values + 150 for each enemy the tentacles captured (max 10 enemies).

- So the combo would be Wave slam - barrel - tentacle swarm.

adding up this damage it would be a small nuke and CC combined for the frame and not preventing the team from being able to shoot at enemies. While stopping hydroid from doing anything else because of ability casting which in a way could be a sort of "balance" to the frame.

The damage numbers would be something like this

600 + 3000 + 6000 + 4000 + 5000 + (enemies captured 10 for example) 1500 = 20100. 

Now currently these numbers are the ones i decided were ok for the example of the rework i hope would be noticed by DE. Of course i dont make the final decisions and in no way should this be taken seriously. These were numbers i decided would be ok for the idea i just wrote. If you have more ideas please write them down either here or in your own post. Hopefuly DE sees at least some of the ideas and makes use of them. We all love the game and some of us have been playing it ever since it first came out as open beta. If you also love the game or still play it. Make your own choice to write down what you wish you could have and who knows someday it might come true :)

Have a good grind

see you ingame :)