Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lack of corpus content feels bad man

KRANOT

>tfw DE showers grineer with new units, weapons and tilesets while corpus rarely even get a weapon.

Rhq0awO.jpg

i wish DE would already do more interresting stuff for corpus instead of just adding more and more grineer stuff to the game. i dont even need to mention the poor fans of infected stuff that get even LESS content. (lets hope 2018 will be a better year for the corpus and infected.)

the game is still amazing but the lack of corpus gear makes me wish sometimes. anyone else know that feel?

Now if you'd have said infested I'd have probably agreed with you but corpus, nah. 

They've had recently off the top of my head... ambulas rework and new model etc, the index (which has new units), those little yellow robot thing's AND they were the first to get drop ships. 

Grineer have had nox and the grineer workers... plus arguably the earth rework.

Weapon wise they're pretty equal imo.

Just now, LSG501 said:

Now if you'd have said infested I'd have probably agreed with you but corpus, nah. 

They've had recently off the top of my head... ambulas rework and new model etc, the index (which has new units), those little yellow robot thing's AND they were the first to get drop ships. 

Grineer have had nox and the grineer workers... plus arguably the earth rework.

Weapon wise they're pretty equal imo.

yes in recent times some things where added but when you compare all factions in the entire game and howmuch they have in content it looks something like this in contentmass:

Grineer>Corpus>Infected>>>>>>>>>Sentient

yes, it would be nice to have a massive Corpus expansion (but no Alad V, we've seen Salad enough) that opens up the Lore, adds new sub factions (maybe Anyocorp Special Forces, mercenaries, and of course, Europan Ice pirates!), new weapons and armour sets, new Tilesets and the much needed boss rework of Nef Anyo that was shown a while back.

come on DE, Give us some Grofit!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yes, it would be nice to have a massive Corpus expansion (but no Alad V, we've seen Salad enough) that opens up the Lore, adds new sub factions (maybe Anyocorp Special Forces, mercenaries, and of course, Europan Ice pirates!), new weapons and armour sets, new Tilesets and the much needed boss rework of Nef Anyo that was shown a while back.

come on DE, Give us some Grofit!

EXACTLY! i am still eagerly waiting for nef anyo as a bossfight!

also: cant wait for the new bugrobots they showed way back.

Edited by KRANOT

Apparently part of the Corpus's "Time to Shine" will happen when they finish the Nef Anyo boss fight/quest.

(Still, waiting for that to come around, and feeling like the Grineer Ghouls will come first for some reason. X'D)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

Just now, Rixuel said:

how about... another new faction? :3

they didnt even flashout the sentients and you already want to add another one while most of the existing ones are lackluster and one is just striding along on human growthhormone and extra content?

i doubt thats a good idea.

1 minute ago, Silvus-Sol said:

What are you talking about OP?

Corpus have the most diverse enemy units in the game. They just had an event/boss rework. And soon they will be getting those creepy spider-bots.

have you ever looked at the insanely large array of grineer units, tilesets and weaponry? grineer make up most of the games content concerning areas and enemys compared to anny other faction.

Well, we are still waiting on Nef Anyo rework, and that trailer for Valkyr Prime a while back seemed to show off a possible new Corpus siege weapon, could be interesting. 

Yeah they could use maybe a little more content, but they don't really need to be any stronger. The Grineer, even with more new units recently, are still weaker than other factions. 

Infested have their rainbow spam with energy drain and reinforcing armor and ancient healing and all that jazz. 

Corpus have psychedelic seizure spam, can nullify powers multiple ways, one shot you so easily, so many bursas, all those sapping osprey mines on the floor blinding your eyes and tearing apart your frame. Corpus certainly don't really need more in the way of enemies or weapons right now. 

Grineer are still too weak, but Nox was a good start to making them more effective. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well, we are still waiting on Nef Anyo rework, and that trailer for Valkyr Prime a while back seemed to show off a possible new Corpus siege weapon, could be interesting. 

Yeah they could use maybe a little more content, but they don't really need to be any stronger. The Grineer, even with more new units recently, are still weaker than other factions. 

Infested have their rainbow spam with energy drain and reinforcing armor and ancient healing and all that jazz. 

Corpus have psychedelic seizure spam, can nullify powers multiple ways, one shot you so easily, so many bursas, all those sapping osprey mines on the floor blinding your eyes and tearing apart your frame. Corpus certainly don't really need more in the way of enemies or weapons right now. 

Grineer are still too weak, but Nox was a good start to making them more effective. 

my post was not really adressing strength but rather variety and content.

i know that grineer are really weak and corpus and infected are pretty strong. i dont much care for the balancing in my original post. its all about style my man.

14 minutes ago, KRANOT said:

have you ever looked at the insanely large array of grineer units, tilesets and weaponry? grineer make up most of the games content concerning areas and enemys compared to anny other faction.

Spoiler

EBonSiR.jpg

zeljko-duvnjak-warframe-corpus-iceplanet

warframe__corpus_refinery_by_sbigham-d6v

zeljko-duvnjak-warframe-corpus-gcity-b.j

Totally would like to see more of what the Corpus have.

Edited by Duckboy3825

15 minutes ago, KRANOT said:

Lore-wise Grineer are the largest and most dominant faction. It's not arbitrary.

Most of the Grineer variations are just different skins. Same troops, same tactics. Corpus on the other hand have crewman, moas, ospreys, bursas, etc., all doing different things and attacking the player in different ways. The Grineer just clump together and shoot at you. Their guns may be different but the attack pattern is the same. Which makes sense considering the Grineer prefer attrition based Warfare and their average soldier is really stupid.

I agree with you on the Corpus needing a new tileset though. Especially in Archwing. I am so... friggin.... sick... of that "trench run" Corpus ship tileset. It doesn't even make sense either. Why is there always a Famorian there? It's an old reused tileset from that first Archwing quest and it needs an update badly.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

1 minute ago, Duckboy3825 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EBonSiR.jpg

zeljko-duvnjak-warframe-corpus-iceplanet

warframe__corpus_refinery_by_sbigham-d6v

zeljko-duvnjak-warframe-corpus-gcity-b.j

so? you have shown me artworks of 2 corpus tilesets, if you add frozen planets and spaceships to that corpus get maximum 4 tilesets while grineer rule supreme with the fortress, earth, spaceship interiors, ceres shipyards, deapsee labs, and desert bases.

the infected record of unique tiles is even more saddening compared to grineer.

2 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Lore-wise Grineer are the largest and most dominant faction. It's not arbitrary.

Most of the Grineer variations are just different skins. Same troops, same tactics. Corpus on the other hand have crewman, moas, ospreys, bursas, etc., all doing different things and attacking the player in different ways. The Grineer just clump together and shoot at you. Their guns may be different but the attack pattern is the same. Which makes sense considering the Grineer prefer attrition based Warfare and their average soldier is really stupid.

I agree with you on the Corpus needing a new tileset though. Especially in Archwing. I am so... friggin.... sick... of that "trench run" Corpus ship tileset. It doesn't even make sense either. Why is there always a Famorian there? It's an old reused tileset from that first Archwing quest and it needs an update badly.

yes the grineer are run of the mill military, thats what makes it even worse that they dominate most of the games content since in tactics they are pretty boring.

15 minutes ago, KRANOT said:

my post was not really adressing strength but rather variety and content.

i know that grineer are really weak and corpus and infected are pretty strong. i dont much care for the balancing in my original post. its all about style my man.

Well we just got Lenz, which looks awesome, and IMO I already think that most of the Corpus weapons are the best looking in the game. 

But we do still need to see the Corpus temple/headquarters, which would be neat, and I am guessing the ice pirates are some kind of corpus offshoot, and it would be awesome to see them expanded on. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Well we just got Lenz, which looks awesome, and IMO I already think that most of the Corpus weapons are the best looking in the game. 

But we do still need to see the Corpus temple/headquarters, which would be neat, and I am guessing the ice pirates are some kind of corpus offshoot, and it would be awesome to see them expanded on. 

2 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

I'd still love to see some of heavily fortified Corpus base with turrets and everything, basically a Corpus version of the Kuva Fortress.

i would actually cream my pants if these 2 ideas are combined: a heavily fortified corpus tempel of commerce. that would be AMAZING!

DE said that once PoE is shipped they're likely to make a Mars version of it.

Mars is where most of the conflict between the Grineer and Corpus happen, as both of them have partial ownership of the planet. Sometimes the player will find Grineer enemies in Corpus missions and vice versa. (Mars is also the Roman god of war so it makes sense)

So maybe once Mars gets the PoE treatment we could see a little more of this.

4ytbcp7.jpg

12 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

DE said that once PoE is shipped they're likely to make a Mars version of it.

Mars is where most of the conflict between the Grineer and Corpus happen, as both of them have partial ownership of the planet. Sometimes the player will find Grineer enemies in Corpus missions and vice versa. (Mars is also the Roman god of war so it makes sense)

So maybe once Mars gets the PoE treatment we could see a little more of this.

4ytbcp7.jpg

i actually had the headcannon for ages that since on the surface mars seems untouched that the corpus citys are massive hitech structures in massive caves, you know? like skyscrapers hanging from the ceiling and stuff.

1 hour ago, KRANOT said:

i actually had the headcannon for ages that since on the surface mars seems untouched that the corpus citys are massive hitech structures in massive caves, you know? like skyscrapers hanging from the ceiling and stuff.

Haha same. I also imagine that most of the neutral colonies have a lot more Corpus influence design wise, than they do Grineer influence. Since the Corpus will have been trading with them whereas the Grineer dominate and subjugate.

I've also thought about the Corpus having large space station type stuff in orbit around Jupiter and it's moons. Kinda like this.

Spoiler

orbiting_space_station.jpg

Would be a good place for one of those Warframe/Archwing joint missions like Uranus and the Kuva fortress.

Edited by Silvus-Sol