Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween - Dracun Nezha [Up on the Workshop]

novabjorn

Updated 8/30/2017 - Finished. It's been posted to the workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124342482

I'm working on an infested version of Nezha for the Halloween submissions. So far I've just started fleshing out the detailed areas of the sculpt and done some starter concepting on the helmet. I think eventually the metal rings on the helmet will be more deformed twisted with infested growth spreading up from the head. All the metal ring bits will probably have some of the remaining metal with intertwined organics similar to my Claymire skin.

50CUhCh.jpg

smYikKx.jpg

LYENc65.jpg

UdLkkAt.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by novabjorn
Updating images

Weekend progress shots. Down to the lower legs, feet, chest, hoop and the few remaining extraneous bits and then finally back to the head to finish off the sculpt and then start on texturing.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:22 PM, Avynire said:

Nice remind me of donnie darko bunny.

I'm totally cool with that!

On 8/4/2017 at 5:34 PM, Sasquatch180 said:

Already the WIP looks pretty good, I'll be interested to see your approach to the ribbon things that interlock and go down his chest and your take on them.

I will be adding some of that inner glow that Nidus has, particularly eminating from where the tentacles ribbons meet the head.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:35 AM, KirukaChan said:

Needs tentacle pigtails.

Awesome work, though!

I'm not a huge fan of the way the pigtails animate. If I knew they would make edits to make them look like tentacles in the physics I would play around with it.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I've done almost all of this wearing a baby in a carrier.

Another update. All i have left on the sculpt is the chest, the small rings and then iteration on the helmet and the hoop. Added in some color/materials just to get an idea of how the innards (yellow) flow through the skin and to figure out balance on the metals.