Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes to snipers

electricpants007

So, after the damage nerf, snipers need 3 shots to the body to kill even superlights and can only ohk with a hs to superlights only. The damage nerf is still okay, but I am suggesting we get a much higher headshot multiplier and slightly increased fire rate. You know, like the snipers in PlanetSide 2 and Warface.

xd

I honestly wouldn't mind the fire rate as long as they would be OHK weapons, +1 for the headshot multiplier but simply buffing the base crit chances and crit multipliers would probably be more simple as they are mostly meant to increase the hs multiplier bonus.

Also i don't think sniper rifles such as the Vectis or the Lanka really benefit for their status chance because as of now there are no multiprocs that could stack with crits meaning you will need to hit a tougher target 4 times with a 100%status corrosive to strip their armor and more to actually do some damage, it's only really useful against Corpus because 100% status magnetic removes shields with one shot, maybe it could have some use with gas but i doubt it's that viable for crowd control to be worth using, same for radiation.

44 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I honestly wouldn't mind the fire rate as long as they would be OHK weapons, +1 for the headshot multiplier but simply buffing the base crit chances and crit multipliers would probably be more simple as they are mostly meant to increase the hs multiplier bonus.

Also i don't think sniper rifles such as the Vectis or the Lanka really benefit for their status chance because as of now there are no multiprocs that could stack with crits meaning you will need to hit a tougher target 4 times with a 100%status corrosive to strip their armor and more to actually do some damage, it's only really useful against Corpus because 100% status magnetic removes shields with one shot, maybe it could have some use with gas but i doubt it's that viable for crowd control to be worth using, same for radiation.

erm, Conclave Thread

2 hours ago, electricpants007 said:

So, after the damage nerf, snipers need 3 shots to the body to kill even superlights and can only ohk with a hs to superlights only. The damage nerf is still okay, but I am suggesting we get a much higher headshot multiplier and slightly increased fire rate. You know, like the snipers in PlanetSide 2 and Warface.

xd

Well aware, at least being able to ohk with headshots but so far DE has not made any changes or they are simply too busy at the moment with the up coming Updates, especially the one due in September.

For now i feel like SVandal(for the mag size) and Rubico(for the imp dmg) are the best options for the usual FFA but still, anyone with an Auto can still steal your kills easily. As Witchy mentioned, Autos and most Secondaries have Tac Reload mods whereas snipers don't for which auto+finisher loadouts can keep firing.

23 hours ago, electricpants007 said:

So, after the damage nerf, snipers need 3 shots to the body to kill even superlights and can only ohk with a hs to superlights only.

Uh, this math seems a bit off.

The damage nerf is still okay, but I am suggesting we get a much higher headshot multiplier and slightly increased fire rate. You know, like the snipers in PlanetSide 2 and Warface.

Snipers need to be buffed, but a higher headshot multiplier is not the way to do it.
Double damage is sufficient; any more than that would over-reward luck vs consistent skill.

PlanetSide and Warface have nothing to do with Conclave and should not be taken as precedents for balancing.

57 minutes ago, electricpants007 said:

I think conclave should learn balancing from other games, even if they are very different.

Nonsense.
Would a OHK headshot Desert Eagle with 4.67 fire rate be even remotely acceptable in Conclave?

Games have unique paces and mechanics which define the terms of their balance.
To "learn balance" from another game would be as useful as learning poker hands for blackjack.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord