Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.3.1

[DE]Danielle

Just now, LuLu_HoHo said:

Weapon buffs are always welcome, weapons nerf and weapons change not so much... Can you guys plz tell why Akbronk Prime now lost its ability to reach 100% status?

Useful comments are always welcome, comments made without reading the rest of the thread not so much.

Both Danielle and Taylor said that the status chance will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You can now charge throw the Orvius while in dual wield mode to trigger the same special function when throwing while channeling

Nice.  Now that gimmick has a great purpose.

However, could you all please fix the throw paths of thrown melees when dual-wielding them?  They seem to be get thrown from a lower height, making them hit every obstacle on the ground.  Can you please make the throw path exactly the same as normal.  I've never had difficulty throwing down over railings, over and down a ramp, or over obstacles before this.  The issue seems to also make normal throw less accurate than before as well, which is very annoying.  These issues are so annoying that, despite me loving thrown melees to death,  I'm hardly even using them now because my favorite sidearms are single pistols.

If this issue is not in the throw path, the height of release, or the flight path being offset from the reticle , then it is something else, something huge.  I beg of you all, please fix this issue, it is ruining my favorite class of melee weapons for me.

After testing the Javlok, I can say that it needs its reload and AOE size changed. The explosion delay is a good change but now the size of the AOE is too small even with Firestorm equipped to accommodate this change and now having to reload the Javlok every time it's thrown with its 2.2 reload doesn't help. Also the primary fire is self proccing status effects if you fire it too close which is troubling especially with Radiation or Viral equipped.

EDIT: It appears that it doesn't self inflict Radiation procs when you fire it too close to your character if you have Radiation equipped but the self proccing is a problem in my opinion.

Edited by IronWolfKnight

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

EDIT: Please know that the AKBronco Prime having 22% Status Chance is unintentional and will be fixed in a future Hotfix.

THANK GOD ! the AKBronco prime was my new favourite secondaries when i saw the 22% .... OH sh****

8 minutes ago, Brodh said:

Genuine question, what is the appeal? It just feels unresponsive to me now. 

The spear can now pass through the enemy without exploding, saving your life if they get too close.
However, I must test that assumption first.
Indeed, it is true.

Although, I am not a big fan of the ammo consumption change. While it provides additional damage, I resent having to reload it after every throw.

Edited by LABAL

1 minute ago, Brodh said:

Genuine question, what is the appeal? It just feels unresponsive to me now. 

It allows you to escape the AOE before it explodes. I feel it's good if you're wanting to throw it closer to your character so you don't blow yourself up but like I said again the AOE itself is too small to compensate for the delay.

Kinda sad the instant die doesn't work with sentinel, just like dying solo does... but well, I'm happy to finally get that feature.

This orvius addition means I'll finally try dual wielding/orvius in general, so that's cool. Javlok change sounds cool but depends whether that's damage added like serration or applied afterwards. If it's afterwards this is good, if it's like serration this is mediocre at best. 

Tenora probably didn't need that but I'm not complaining.

All in all instant die has been something I wanted for years so very solid.I appreciate that it instantly brings you up, instead of bringing you to the revive UI, too. Though, again, not working with sacrifice is a disappointment at least.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but: I don't like this quick revive thing.

It removes a large part of the interdependent dynamic--there's no longer a reason to rush in to save an ally if they're just going to revive themselves faster than they can communicate that they're going to revive themselves.

It makes death even more rewarding: spend three seconds on your back and you get a five(?) second invuln and a free revive for your companion. I'd suggest removing the invulnerability period for self-revives, but I doubt that will go over very well.

This also functions as an indirect nerf to both Vazarin and Trinity's passive.

2 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

It removes a large part of the interdependent dynamic--there's no longer a reason to rush in to save an ally if they're just going to revive themselves faster than they can communicate that they're going to revive themselves.

Why? If they do not revive within four seconds, they are unlikely to be willing to waste a revive if there is a chance to save it for later.

1 minute ago, LABAL said:

Why? If they do not revive within four seconds, they are unlikely to be willing to waste a revive if there is a chance to save it for later.

It's my expectation that everyone is going to revive themselves by default. Maybe I'm imagining people are as cocky as I am, but I don't see anyone really expecting to die four times or more in a mission, so the default behavior is going to be to immediately begin the self-revive as soon as you fall down.

Further, if you're not self-reviving, you're asking others to abandon their objective and make themselves vulnerable for five seconds in order to perform a task that you can do to yourself in three. That's inefficient. Nobody wants to be the inefficient guy.

While either of the above perspectives aren't the only perspectives, it just seems natural that things should shift in that direction.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just now, Tain_OSkoom said:

It's my expectation that everyone is going to revive themselves by default. Maybe I'm imagining people are as cocky as I am, but I don't see anyone really expecting to die four times or more in a mission, so the default behavior is going to be to immediately begin the self-revive as soon as you fall down.

I must admit, there were moments when I desperately wanted to die faster to aid my team in a critical moment.
Like in the last Kuva Flood run, when I could not maintain high energy as Harrow. When Kuva Guardian procs slash, it hits really hard. But! Yet again I digress!
What I meant to say is: I think the split between "revive pls" and "let me die" in Warframe is pretty even. But sentinels as a crutch is a whole different topic...

38 minutes ago, LABAL said:

The spear can now pass through the enemy without exploding, saving your life if they get too close.
However, I must test that assumption first.
Indeed, it is true.

True but... Javlok's Explosion was triggered only on its stoping point. As in, it flies through mobs dealing single damage tho them and only explodes on the ground or wall, not in the first mob it hits. It has been like that some time after its introduction, yet before u21. This was not introduced with this hotfix. However having mobs at melee range had an unfortunate side effect that caused a deviation between the angle thrown and the player's reticle, often causing the player to throw Javlok at the ground shortly behind the targeted mob, too close to the player, causing the misunderstanding that Javlok could explode on the first mob. In fact, the angle deviation still happens.

Also, if someone can't get used to keeping a safe distance betwen themselves and a gun with explosive damage, it's their fault, not the gun's.

Edited by Duduminador

1 minute ago, Duduminador said:

Also, if someone can't get used to keeping a safe range betwen themselves and a gun with explosive damage, it's their fault, not the gun's.

I agree. The fools should have not picked an explosive weapon...
But jokes aside there is little difference as to why it explodes in your face, when it does. Being able to see the explosion radius is a great safety feature to an otherwise risky weapon. The price is that the enemies could easily walk out of that radius... That will take some time to get used to.

2 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Javlok alt fire consumes ammo? Um, what? What's the point in that? The Javlok itself isn't ammo. How does that make any sense? Or am I reading it wrong?

20% damage increase per bullet it consumes.

Edited by Blazability