The Remote Observer: Vol 10

[DE]Taylor

Hey there Taylor, been trying to hunt the status of a bug with Harrow's emissive textures turning off because either you're hosting or you cast Penance and Covenant as a client. Do you know anything about it? (ie, is it logged at all, any ETA, etc).

I mean, you can even see it in all the versions Launchers :P

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Hey there Taylor, been trying to hunt the status of a bug with Harrow's emissive textures turning off because either you're hosting or you cast Penance and Covenant as a client. Do you know anything about it? (ie, is it logged at all, any ETA, etc).

I mean, you can even see it in all the versions Launchers :P

It's the end of the day heading into a long weekend for us here, but I'll bring this up to the team for you on Tuesday!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
edited for clarity

The reduced damage and fire rate of Corpus Tech has made them survivable for long enough to react fully, which is great! The Comba/Scrambus ranged units show the same damage as before (tested with Nyx's Absorb), so I guess that change didn't make it through?

The AkBronco Prime changes make them slightly slower and put out less slash procs, but the two extra rounds will make up for the lost damage (not that they're short on damage though:tongue:).

The magazine increase for Tenora is really good!

The Javlok changes are nice, although Tactical Reload (+20% of magazine reloaded per second when holstered) can no longer be fitted. I ran a search on the Forums, and reports of this bug/undocumented change started after U21. The mod can still be fitted on Ferrox and Scourge, so I don't know if this was intended or not. Could this be looked into?

Thanks in advance! ^^

Edit:

I had tried the Javlok changes in the simulacrum, but not in missions. When in combat, the delay interrupts the flow of combat, and makes the weapon feel kinda slow. I've got a few suggestions:

• When the throw is charged to 50% or less, apply the 1s explosion delay
  • When the throw is charged over 50%, have the explosion occur on impact

This would allow safer use of the throw in small rooms, while also allowing on-impact explosions where desired.

Additionally:

• Increase the damage bonus per round in mag on throw from 20% to 25%
  • Reduce the on-pickup/retrieve reload time to 0.8s, affected by mods (the Warframe would shove another mag onto the Javlok as they pick it up, as the previous mag is consumed/ejected during the explosion)

And finally, a few issues/inconsistencies with Spearguns:

• Multishot shows changes to the damage of the throw in the UI, but does not actually affect the damage of the impact or the AOE of the throw. This also applies to the Scourge and Ferrox, but isn't much of an issue for them as their throws aren't damage focused.
  • Javlok can no longer stick to enemies, instead passing through them. I'm not sure when this was changed, but it might have been when Ferrox was added (no punch-through fitted). Ferrox and Scourge have always passed through enemies (unless I'm mistaken). Not sure if this was an intended change.
  • Scourge has no waypoint marker when thrown (only tested as host/solo).
  • Atlas and Zephyr appear to have a mix-up with their Speargun stances. Reddit user EWDiNFL made a comparison here which demonstrates the issue. The idle animation sequences (Atlas flexes and Zephyr spins/floats) appear to be correct, but the stances (Atlas remains still and calm, Zephyr sways/bounces) are the opposite of their animations with other weapons.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! :)

Edited by Prof_Blocks_007
Speargun feedback and suggestions

DUEL WIELDING: 

Reloads are cancelled when during a melee attack. But both are one handed actions. 

I don't believe reloads should be canceled during a melee attack because when duel wielding both are considered a one handed action independently of each other. 

Solution:

Shoot then reload, WHILE reloading you should be able to use your melee and your reload will continue.