Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There NEEDS to be an auction house, nuff said.

NoahXprshuN

11 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Well, there's a difference in that so far as I know in D3, if an item is tradable it can be used and traded any number of times. In Warframe, if you use an item, you can't trade it.

Adding an AH to WF would cause a price drop, but only because it would bring more traders to market. It would INCREASE trade, even if each individual trade is at lower plat values. So DE wouldn't be losing anything. Ten people spending fifty plat each is less than a thousand people spending one plat each.

If you use an item you can't trade it? That's true ONLY for Special Weapons. Everything else, like mods (rivens), prime parts, weapon parts etc can be traded any number of times. 

13 hours ago, NoahXprshuN said:

Bro srsly... So I ask you, is this such a hard concept for YOU to understand? Since when have you see an undercut go pass the 20% decrease of an items worth? Nobody wants to lose all that profit? For what? You're thinking like a child that never experienced an auction house before

if that was the case, that means undercuts would happen until an item was 1plat then. Usrs bro? And whom exactly makes the prices anyway? because I know DE does not, if you think of a offer then you make that offer and if it doesn't fall through, you either lower the price or oh well.

And BTW what exactly does an items worth mean to you in a game where the prices are literally everywhere to begin with? There are no set prices, if you're willing to pay something for something then you just get it, if not move on

Yep, it actually does seem that Price Deflation is a difficult concept to grasp for common people....

One thing that this system has and prevents part of the deflation is that not everyone can put their junk into trading. This in turn keeps the demand high and the supply low.

Only the common poor buyers like the tiny prices. DE does not like their plat sales lowered, and neither do the players that want to make platinum without buying it.

Auction House systems are not worth the price in a multiplayer game.

Yes they add convenience and speed for a buyer.

They do not for sellers. They increase supply but not demand. They remove player interaction from a multiplayer game and they invite bots.

I've seen the deflation and ruin that an auction house system provides at the price of convenience first hand in EverQuest.

I've also seen the difference in community interaction from games like Ultima Online Vs. WoW and I would take UO every time.

About half of my friends list and 2 players in my Clan I met in trade chat.

17 hours ago, NoahXprshuN said:

Can someone hit me with more examples of an auction house ruining a game? Besides diablo, you people are pinning the two together because you just so happen to see another game with RNG weapons not do so well- and the REASON why it didn't do well was because of the balancing of the actual game play that came with it, not the economy. So I do not know or understand where these conclusions are coming from when games like black desert, world of Warcraft can implement these same markets and do perfectly fine. Yet a game like warframe with the worst trade chat I have ever scene, also just like world of Warcraft trade chat ( but they have an auction house ) has a fluster of traffic that even the flash couldn't read all the flow that's coming out of it. 

Really, I need to see more examples. 

I can give you a good example, Pirates of the Burning Sea. They used to have a blind auction house where you bid for an item and if one had been listed at or below your bid price you won the item. The AH listed recent successful bid prices for that item to help guide on on prices. I used to build ships in the game and one of the starter ships consistently sold for twice or more what it cost me to build them, though after I had been seen entering a port the bids generally went down a bit as I was known to sell cheap. Once my stock had cleared the price used to push up again until it hit the baseline price as listers wanted profit and there was a generally accepted markup for most things.

Eventually they switched the model to a regular AH where you could see the list prices and overnight it turned into a race to the bottom with everyone listing at 1 doubloon lower than what was currently listed to guarantee their sales. Profit dried up pretty much overnight on all listing types and only those able to build stuff at the very cheapest ever sold anything. It completely killed the AH in the game and most of the "producers" I knew simply stopped making stuff for sale or quit the game altogether.

With blind bidding people tended to bid high or follow the recent bids to make sure they got what they wanted and this pushed prices and profit up consistently over the years I was playing. That said the cheapest items were generally upwards of 1k so if you wanted to start at say 500 and keep bidding one higher each time to find the very cheapest listing it would have been very time consuming.

It definitely would crash prices. Right now if you want the best deals you keep an eye open and make offers. If there's an AH it will be a race to the bottom. I like the convenience of it, and if it were done the right way it would be great, but people will crash prices if one is implemented, which means less plat bought, which doesn't give DE any incentive to do it.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:05 PM, -N7-Leonhart said:

There are many games that failed like this that I could think of, and one of the more iconic is Diablo III. The action house there used to have super expensive rare items at first, but then, everything cost the smallest price unit you could put across the board.....

Diablo 3's auction house failed because it allowed you to use real money to purchase items. Items were most certainly not the cheapest they could be across the board unless you were playing on the lower difficulties. There was also the fact that the entire point of playing Diablo is to get rare items through repeatedly killing enemies in a satisfying manner and the auction house compromised that gameplay aspect by allowing you to skip the actual gameplay portion of it.

14 hours ago, Sin1989 said:

I think it would be neat if warframe implemented something like warframe.market in-game.  This way you could list things for sale - perhaps it could be in a relay or in maroo's bazaar or maybe even in the market area of Cetus when PoE releases.  You would have to contact someone about an item you might be interested in and the items would be traded as they normally are - maybe they could even add a way to send a notification to the seller's inbox if the seller happens to be offline.  If the number of listed items is an issue, it could be limited by a player's mastery rank. Whales wouldn't be able to control the market like they could with a standard mmo AH - they can't buy anything without first contacting and coming to an agreement with the seller, just like a normal trade. 

Nailed it, I like the sound of that honestly- now all of the people saying the prices would drop. Feasibly it couldn't happen because we still would have to contact the seller regardless, and not just buyout the item right there on the spot. Why didn't I think of this?

13 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Yep, it actually does seem that Price Deflation is a difficult concept to grasp for common people....

One thing that this system has and prevents part of the deflation is that not everyone can put their junk into trading. This in turn keeps the demand high and the supply low.

Only the common poor buyers like the tiny prices. DE does not like their plat sales lowered, and neither do the players that want to make platinum without buying it.

Exactly. Trade chat keeps prices up because not every seller are competing against each other's neck on every minute like an auction house would. Even warframe.market prices are stabilized this way with only the prices listed by Online sellers mattering to people.

An auction house where everyone can just list their stuff and forget about it until it sells, will quickly escalate into a self-destructive war of "let me offer this item for sale 1P lower than the current lowest offer to sell faster".

Edited by Mattoropael

New players have no idea of prices most of the time, new players are the majority of the community as certain veterans or players who have the hang of trading quit the game for many reasons we can spend a whole year naming.  Market does sustain actual values but if you spent a lot of time there you would notice PC community mostly uses market site.  I use it too, but sometimes i end up in trade chat or bazaar eventually to sell at a higher frequency. good thing though is that Pc community sustains prices which other platforms can refer to. The aunction concept isn't a bad idea at all.  however I can't even start to imagine how many cheap prices i would encounter, so this would have to work with a matchmaking system just to trade.  Not to forget, coexistence between aunction and trade chat will resume players aware of real or average prices not selling anything.  And the only way i see this possible existing among trade chat and bazaar would be DE fixing prices, which we know would be a nono to the community with high value items.  Darvo hasn't been doing anything serious but sell stuff from market at good deals.  So why not make  him enforce a tax to put your sets or parts in his store, like i dunno, 1p for every sale where you can put up a significant amount of items and other players from relay can see and buy.  Relays are visited more often anyway.  Maroo however fits better since her bazaar is here for trade. there are so many ways to implement this.

It's bettter for warframe not to go anywhere near a market place. I think even a trade chat was too far.

Auction houses give individual gold selling websites too much power on influencing markets and controlling item access. Very quickly the games market will end up like Dragon Nest, Cabal Online, Rappelz where the rarest items can only be traded by credit cards on external websites for real money. This happens everytime.

We saw what happened in the past with a "Free market" economy when they introduced dark sectors to clans. It was maybe 2 weeks before we already had 1 clan with a monopoly of all nodes. Then we had an abuse of that monopoly as ddos attacks were synchronised on sector combat times and taxes became insanely high.

Humans are way too greedy to entrust a free market on them. Do it you'll see the rarest items become nigh on impossible to find as they're bought out to be listed on individual gold selling sites for real money. While the easiest items to obtain become virtually worthless because of all the veterans that are sitting on things 50x life strikes rushing to undercut.

Not to mention theres the usual merchant MMO player who will buy out all stock of a particular items and then immediately re-list them for a higher price. You'll get to a point where prices fluctuate hugely across the time of day.

As trade chat is...well...it's very bad. However a proper auchan house in my opinion would be counterprodutive.

An idea could be perhaps :

1) implement a listing board for listing your items to sell in the liset

this would help to eliminate the chaos of trade chat

2) you could be able to list a limited number of items (like 10) for a limited time (like 1-3 days max?)

this could solve the problem of possible deflation of the prices (dunno perhaps 3 days are too much, I'd go for one)

3) no automatic sales ( it would work only if you are online and the trade would go down as it is still through player interaction in the dojo )

4) keep the trade chat for quick dynamic trades

I think something like this could work fine in the context of Warframe

Edited by Nirrel

Warning: Wall of text incoming!

I think I will throw my hat in the ring regarding this subject. Some background to provide context for the things I'm about to say. I've been playing Warframe over 3,5 years now (with some occasional short breaks). I've been using trade chat and trading nearly all of that time (started trading roughly after 1-2 months of playing). I like the trade chat system Warframe has quite a lot. Over the years I've played other online games that have AH(sometimes with trade chat) or just trade chat. These games include WoW, LOTRO, Path of Exile and Eve Online among others.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:49 PM, NoahXprshuN said:

Too many people in chat, too much going on- i'm honestly bound to have a seizure before I can find what I need from it.

This is a complaint, I hear fairly often. Personally I've had no trouble reading and finding stuff from trade chat even at peak times. This includes both NA & EU trade chats. One reason for this, I can think of is that people can read and process the information they just read at very different rate. This difference in reading speed can make using trade chat much more difficult than it is for people who are faster readers. AH would obviously level playing field in this case. Still I think there are some things that could be made to help with this problem even with the trade chat we have now. For one thing the delay between posts could adjusted more dynamically depending on how many people are in trade chat so that at peak times it would be longer than it currently is. In somewhat similar fashion as moderators in twitch chat can increase the delay if it is going by too fast.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:27 PM, NoahXprshuN said:

And yet a game that is so focused on farming things to sell has the worst trade system known the man?

I have a example of worse trading system in a game also about farming gear. Years ago when I played Path of Exile for a while I encountered trade chat that was far worse than the one in Warframe had even over 3 years ago. One of the great things about Warframe trading is that basically everything uses one universal currency. It makes comparing prices easy. Another great thing with Warframe is that aside from Riven mods, you for the most part know instantly what you get (or what the other person wants) when people post WTS/WTB messages in chat. Now in Path of Exile all the items where more like how Riven mods are in Warframe. So unless you where either very familiar with the prefixes and suffixes (or what certain unique item was) or knew precisely what you wanted, good luck finding anything. Previous problems was made a lot worse by the fact that instead of having a single universal currency, Path of Exile had something like 6 different type of "orbs" that could be used as currency. While they could be converted to other types, they all had very different conversion rates depending what you converted into what. People would of course use price their stuff using different amount of different orbs, depending what type they wanted or just to make comparison of prices difficult. Said orbs had other uses in game other than currency. I think you will agree, that the trade chat used in Path of Exile was far worse for most people than the one in Warframe. I'm not saying trade chat in Warframe is perfect, but calling it the absolute worst is somewhat of an exaggeration.

On 8/5/2017 at 10:21 PM, NoahXprshuN said:

Bro srsly... So I ask you, is this such a hard concept for YOU to understand? Since when have you see an undercut go pass the 20% decrease of an items worth? Nobody wants to lose all that profit? For what? You're thinking like a child that never experienced an auction house before

if that was the case, that means undercuts would happen until an item was 1plat then. Usrs bro? And whom exactly makes the prices anyway? because I know DE does not, if you think of a offer then you make that offer and if it doesn't fall through, you either lower the price or oh well.

And BTW what exactly does an items worth mean to you in a game where the prices are literally everywhere to begin with? There are no set prices, if you're willing to pay something for something then you just get it, if not move on

I think last part of your post contradicts with previous parts here. I mean since there are no "correct prices", then there is nothing to stop people from selling stuff as cheap as they want. I mean even in warframe.market I've got stuff with a lot bigger undercuts than 20%. This is thanks to the buy orders, which I mainly use for buying stuff from that site. Latest example of this was a while ago when I put in a buy order for Cyclone Kraken stance mod. My offer was 40p, while cheapest sell offers where 60p. When a person sold said mod to me I even checked if the sell price had come down and it hadn't. So that is 33% undercut right there. When Oberon Prime was released I managed to get even bigger uncut on his systems. It was within 4 or 5 days of his release, that I decided to try to buy his systems. This was because couple of radiant share runs, I had done for the part had been unsuccessful. I posted an offer to buy it for 60p(iirc), after couple of hours a someone sold it to me for my price. Same time Lowest sell offers where at 100p. So I got 40% undercut there. I could list these type things all day, but I think I've made my point.

Second things is that there already a lot of stuff in warframe.market that has lowest listed sell price in 1p-3p range. And as people have pointed out this sort of pricing would most likely spread if we had official AH. Last thing I haven't seen many people talk about regarding AH in Warframe is how would current daily be converted to AH based system. This is not as simple things as just converting daily trades into AH listing slots. Because Warframe is F2P game there would most like be some restriction on AH usage. Reason I think that is because another F2P game I've played years ago called Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO). In said game starting F2P player have multiple limitations on AH usage. Firstly F2P cannot by default list anything on AH, unless they acquire some Premium currency (back then it was called Turbine Point or just TP). Second limiting factor was currency cap F2P accounts had by default which was low amount of 3 gold(iirc). This meant that F2P player couldn't by anything expensive from AH either. I feel This is something worth thinking over, since AH success stories people like to mention like WoW are for the most part played by people who pay monthly subscription.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:44 AM, -N7-Leonhart said:

As someone who has only once bought platinum (second smallest amount back then) using real money (right at the start with -50% discount). I have to say that is for the most part not accurate. I've had 5 digit amount of platinum for over a year now and making more as is very easy because I follow one of the most basic principles of trading. Buy low, sell high. The buying low part comes across in previous part of my post. I mean my most successful long running "scam" in Warframe trading is to list all prices (not always the prices in warframe.market) in my WTB/WTS messages. This results sometimes in me getting ignored (and also receiving various insults before that) by certain people for "scamming". Interestingly these are pretty much the only people I have toxic interactions in trade chat. Everybody else is friendly and polite, sometimes I even end up chatting for hours with random people from trade chat. One thing most people don't realize is the fact that there plenty of items which can be bought cheaply and stored in inventory. They then can be sold for large profit after some time. Perfect example of these type of items are the ones entering Prime Vault next. Long time ago when Loki Prime was several months away from entering Prime Vault I bought over 30 full sets for around 40p per set. Currently I can sell the few remaining ones for over 500p per set (That is a "small" over 12 times profit for investment). This takes patience of course and some start up capital, but as they say money comes to money.

10 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

New players have no idea of prices most of the time, new players are the majority of the community as certain veterans or players who have the hang of trading quit the game for many reasons we can spend a whole year naming.

Do you have any actual proof of the fact that veteran players leave Warframe in large quantities and never come back. I mean most long time players take breaks but come back after some time. Also how do you measure if a player is veteran and not new? I mean I have received these type of messages from randoms in trade chat for years:

Us8EaYq.jpg

Also as some who learned to trade in Warframe long before warframe.market was a thing, I think the biggest reasons why new players don't know prices are not entirely because of the lack of AH. I think it is in part because the attitude of "trading takes time away from me playing the game". I on the other hand consider trading as one of the core game mechanics in Warframe (if you going for F2P style). Hence as with other core game aspects of Warframe a person should devote decent amount of time in learning it, if they want to be any good at it. I mean that is how I learned trading along with some trial and error. Secondly some people seem to be very impatient when it comes to progress in Warframe (like they absolutely have to get to same point in 6 months or less, that has taken many long time players years to achieve).

Here are my thoughts on the subject, I apologize for the wall of text. Kudos if you had the patience to read through it entirely.

Edited by groznez
Typos

For a recent video about this topic I did lots of research in older threads. The oldest threads I found were 4 years old. And everything in those threads can be boiled down to two simple facts:

1. DE does not want to implement an auction house. 

2. The pseudo auction house warframe.market attracts 3000-4000 tenno at any given time during the day and people even pay its creators via patreon. 

The rest is just speculation.

Over the years many tenno have shared lots of clever ideas to keep the economy in check when a real auction house would be considered. Just to name a few:
- limit the number of active sell or buy orders per time period (week, month) and impose increasing plat taxes once that limit has been reached
- sale prices only multipliers of 10 to keep the price in check
- minimum price cap depending on rarity (e.g. common >10p, uncommon > 30p, rare > 60p)
- hire an economist that could impose taxes or trade stops when certain trade stocks get out of control

Edited by k05h

@k05h you're asking them to spend additional money and take on more overhead for something that will likely make them less overall in the end. If people really want an item they're going to find someone who has it. Micromanaging an AH system as of now isn't a problem that they have to worry about, as there's a visible, competitive range for prices on their own with the current system. Imposing and managing price floors is an additional headache and again, will see users spending less plat overall.

A listing system where players can host all the items they're selling and be whispered for prices would be great, and someone--probably several someones--has already suggested that. It keeps players actively engaging with each other, keeps DE's overhead to a minimum, and keeps the market from crashing out in a way that hurts both DE and those who are regular buyers/sellers.

4 hours ago, groznez said:

I think the biggest reasons why new players don't know prices are not entirely because of the lack of AH. I think it is in part because the attitude of "trading takes time away from me playing the game".

I don't think it's either of those. I think it confuses players when someone wants to sell a part cheap and someone wants to sell a part for its, "actual worth," and neither of them can sell the part so they can't tell what to sell their own part for.

I think it confuses players when you have people claiming to have offers of 1.5k+ on their terribly average riven mod so they have no idea what to price their riven mods at.

I think it confuses players when someone selling Loki Prime for 500p has a competitor pricing it at 250p.

I think it confuses players when they come from a game where useful items stay competitively priced (useful meaning relevant, rare, etc) and non-useful items (very common, underpowered, etc) drop in price and see idiots on these forums claiming that literally every item will be 1p by the time you go to actually buy things.

It's impossible to claim that an auction house would ruin the economy when the same exact thing happens within the trade chat already. Super common, non-useful, underpowered weapons and frames drop in price and the rest stay at a relatively normal price, or shoot up if they become suddenly popular, overpowered, or vaulted. It's been happening since the first vaulting and it will continue happening in the same manner. An auction house wouldn't stop this.

"People would buy up stock and resell it for a profit later, though!" Yeah, too bad they already do that so this is a completely moot point.
"But you'll make it easier for them to do it!" It's already easy for them to do it. Crying out loud, I passively sell veiled riven mods by simply copy and pasting a notepad text string at the end of every mission I do, wait a few minutes, then do another mission. Or I wait until I'm completely done with running things for the day. It's not hard to bulk buy items using a similar strategy.

I don't see many legitimate arguments against a QoL feature like an auction house being put in. I see a lot of whining about, "muh prices," and I see a lot of hyperbolic statements like, "plat sales would be lowered if this were implemented, think of the company," but I don't see many actual arguments with substance. Prices already ebb and flow the same way they would with an auction house. Plat sales would remain just as low because the dominant strategy is to already sell items to get plat instead of purchasing it (don't buy unless you have a 75% off ticket? hello? anyone?).

After reading ALL the comments so far, I wanted to chime in as a "new player"....

15 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

It's bettter for warframe not to go anywhere near a market place. I think even a trade chat was too far.

Auction houses give individual gold selling websites too much power on influencing markets and controlling item access. Very quickly the games market will end up like Dragon Nest, Cabal Online, Rappelz where the rarest items can only be traded by credit cards on external websites for real money. This happens everytime.

We saw what happened in the past with a "Free market" economy when they introduced dark sectors to clans. It was maybe 2 weeks before we already had 1 clan with a monopoly of all nodes. Then we had an abuse of that monopoly as ddos attacks were synchronised on sector combat times and taxes became insanely high.

Humans are way too greedy to entrust a free market on them. Do it you'll see the rarest items become nigh on impossible to find as they're bought out to be listed on individual gold selling sites for real money. While the easiest items to obtain become virtually worthless because of all the veterans that are sitting on things 50x life strikes rushing to undercut.

Not to mention theres the usual merchant MMO player who will buy out all stock of a particular items and then immediately re-list them for a higher price. You'll get to a point where prices fluctuate hugely across the time of day.

This is one of the best comments I've seen. Why? The last point that is made. Yes I'm sure people already do that, but live AHs ENCOURAGE that kind of behavior. It flaunts the separation of the player base. As a new player, that's VERY discouraging. I don't want to go in to a game where I'm automatically shown that my casual play won't net me anything of value (WoW and FF14 are great examples of this).

Trade chat (at least from what I've seen), while chaotic, boasts healthy (and sometimes not) competition. I've had success with both buying and selling - this was WITHOUT an external website to help. I had no idea there was warframe market until someone told me my price was too high and to check the website. That's as a new player. I feel like if we push people to use logic and reason, they can figure the market out for themselves with ease.

Someone else said it and I'm sorry I can't find to quote but "buy low, sell high". This is LITERALLY how every truly competitive market works. If you're someone who wants to sell higher than others, you'll keep your prices and wait for a bite. If you're someone who doesn't care how much you'll make, you'll sell your items for a pittance. Don't need an AH to do that for you. 

I don't know. While filters on chat would be nice or something to help the chaos, I don't think an AH is the solution. 

Edited by Zyneris

3 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

@k05h you're asking them to spend additional money and take on more overhead for something that will likely make them less overall in the end.

That is exactly what I meant with speculation. We really dont know that because different people play the game differently.

I know people that buy every Prime Access because they hate trading in Warframe. They buy most of the stuff with plat.
I also know people - like me - that sell tons of stuff "passively" via warframe.market. I play missions and people contact me to buy things. 
But I also met very nice people at Maroo's bazar that so enjoy the interaction and chilled trading that they never use warframe.market. 
And I can see that many people just use the trade chat.

But noone can really say what group is the most profitable for DE nor can anyone say how large each group is. Most people play the guessing game with a few of their friends or what they see here in the forums; less than 10% of the players have an active forum account. 

19 hours ago, groznez said:

As someone who has only once bought platinum (second smallest amount back then) using real money (right at the start with -50% discount). I have to say that is for the most part not accurate. I've had 5 digit amount of platinum for over a year now and making more as is very easy because I follow one of the most basic principles of trading. Buy low, sell high. The buying low part comes across in previous part of my post. I mean my most successful long running "scam" in Warframe trading is to list all prices (not always the prices in warframe.market) in my WTB/WTS messages. This results sometimes in me getting ignored (and also receiving various insults before that) by certain people for "scamming". Interestingly these are pretty much the only people I have toxic interactions in trade chat. Everybody else is friendly and polite, sometimes I even end up chatting for hours with random people from trade chat. One thing most people don't realize is the fact that there plenty of items which can be bought cheaply and stored in inventory. They then can be sold for large profit after some time. Perfect example of these type of items are the ones entering Prime Vault next. Long time ago when Loki Prime was several months away from entering Prime Vault I bought over 30 full sets for around 40p per set. Currently I can sell the few remaining ones for over 500p per set (That is a "small" over 12 times profit for investment). This takes patience of course and some start up capital, but as they say money comes to money.

Heh, you can only afford to buy low and sell high exactly because there is no Auction House and the prices are murky at best.

And ofc, low prices don't advantage you either. You can't sell something ppl do for like 1p everywhere, with 10p.

I've played a lot of Guild Wars 2 and it has a great in game trade system. I mostly sell materials on it as market prices for materials are higher than vendor prices and the materials can't be bought form vendors. I've bought a few exotic armour pieces too and those were suitably expensive, rare skins being more expensive.

While it is possible that an in game trade system will cause price crashes it's far from certain and price corrections should be mitigated by increased volume of trade. Ideally it should be built in from day one though. Introducing it 4 years later could be a problem as prices renormalise.

DE has said it's never happening, so "Nuff Said" I guess, but it's a damned shame.

@MrDeVil_909 GW2 has a dev dedicated to monitoring and adjusting the economy, though. He actually goes in and shifts drop rates based on what's going on with the auction house, and the rates in that game are notoriously low for quite a number of sought after items. I definitely do not want that system here; DE already has some mods that are ridiculous to try and acquire and we don't need more of it.

Auction House would just flood and freeze prices and eventually give less return on investment for farming mods and prime parts . .Also, trade chat gives us free reign to negotiate pricing and take advantage of opportunities and player to player engagement which is not a bad thing at all. .instead of playing from a weak position learn to play from a stronger one and you'll favor the system already in place. .another great example of making the game "easier" that would really put the game in an unhealthy state .

People need to think beyond the immediate a little bit. .how many more short sighted examples are going to be pushed and implemented into the game because of stuff like this? An auction house would not favor the player or the game long term. It also puts us one more step closer to cosplay, open world, and probably maid costumes next. . 

Edited by komoriblues

@True_Naeblis Ah that's interesting. I confess I don't follow the meta side of GW2 much. I'm a very casual if enthusiastic player. :) I don't even craft there. I still don't think that a a trade system would necessarily be bad, but introducing it would be very tricky.

I'd suspect DE's main objection would be that freer movement of plat could possibly mean they sell less for cash. And that's not a criticism, they are running a business.

Auction Houses make it so that you can sell while not playing.

Current system requires you to be in game, socializing, to sell and buy at all.

DE relies on player laziness to keep item prices SIGNIFICANTLY higher, thus pushing plat sales. There will never be an auction house. Use Warframe.Market - it works great anyway.