Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There NEEDS to be an auction house, nuff said.

NoahXprshuN

Rappelz you had 1 gold selling site with a monopoly on all white dragon:empty and tamed pet cards. The only way to get these cards were not from the marketplace. You had to visit gold selling sites and purchase bulk levels of gold. That was money developers never saw it never rotated back to them. Because 3rd party sellers were buying these items from the ingame market for game currency as soon as they appeared and put them up on thier own website in US$.

Gpotato didnt see a cent from the white dragon sales because a 3rd party had taken control of all supply through trading hall bots and automated farming bots in prime loot zones. It was the same in Cabal online with epaulet of sage/fighter/mithril amp+db. These items were only buyable through gold websites.

We had this exact monopoly style behaviour occur when dark sectors appeared in the starchart. Manipulating an entire market place is allot harder to do if youre relying on a 1 to 1 communication. A trading hall can just allow someone to bot setup on scan-refresh every 5 seconds. Create a shortage on a indemand item then advertise its sale on a 3rd party website.

Instead of asking for an AH you should appreciate that instead we have an interactive Marketplace were people can talk about more than just prices, trades and bargains occur, price checks and evaluations take place and it's impossible for bots to participate in it like in EVERY OTHER MMO out there! You want to abandon your character in Maroo's afk till someone auto-buys what you have in store? Are you satisfied with it? Screw that, I'd rather wait there 2 hours to commerce with Tenno and also check other stores or chat with the Bazaar/Region chat rather than log-in 2 hours later to see if I got lucky. Should the AH be and auto-buy, auto-sell place like most AHs? It takes away interactivity between players. Guess what happens to the community of a game where players hardly co-exist with one another.

1 hour ago, Serdinor_Darkrose said:

Instead of asking for an AH you should appreciate that instead we have an interactive Marketplace were people can talk about more than just prices, trades and bargains occur, price checks and evaluations take place and it's impossible for bots to participate in it like in EVERY OTHER MMO out there! You want to abandon your character in Maroo's afk till someone auto-buys what you have in store? Are you satisfied with it? Screw that, I'd rather wait there 2 hours to commerce with Tenno and also check other stores or chat with the Bazaar/Region chat rather than log-in 2 hours later to see if I got lucky. Should the AH be and auto-buy, auto-sell place like most AHs? It takes away interactivity between players. Guess what happens to the community of a game where players hardly co-exist with one another.

I mean... no, I really don't want to sit around for two hours trying to sell stuff. I want to play the game. I have a gigantic inventory of saleable junk sitting around, compete sets of prime frames, event weapons, rare mods, and all kinds of stuff that I will never, ever sell because the trade system is so clunky and time-intensive. I didn't sign up for a third-person shooter so I could spend hours in chat spamming "wts".

Got to say, neverwinter and a few other games did the AH right. The seller sets a minimum bid value (which is the least they will take) and a buyout value (optional). 

Buyout value allows the purchaser to grab the item right then for the listed cost. 

If players bid on an item instead, when the auction ends, whoever gave the highest bid gets the item and the ones who where outbid get their money back in the mail. 

Usual limit is a 72 hour auction. 

"Auction houses are unequivocally bad for virtual game economies where a vast majority of items are non-perishable" lol! did  you forget when you make a prime item then it no longer can be traded? also, world of warcraft hardly has perishables in the market and its still a working AH. if anyone thinks that the prices of plat will just drop to 1plat then they are either insane, or dont understand the fundamentals of economics. people dont sell stuff just to sell, they want profit. so people wont sell everything for one plat unless they feel its worth one plat. diablos market failed because of the issues involving the game itself, not because of a auction house. i personally hate the current system because i shouldnt have an issue selling a set simply because i wasnt on the same day as someone who actually is willing to buy the set! this actually causes people like me to decrease the price to sell it when normally it should sell fine but others jump on it because they know they can turn around and sell it for more then you sell it and they have all the hours in a day to search for that trade! this hurts warframes economy because stuff gets cheaper and cheaper till its nothing. there are things not even worth the trouble of selling it because its worth too little for how much work you have to do to sell it in the first place. a AH would resolve that problem, it wont make the market perfect on its own because the market will always need a inflow (in other words new stuff over time) and because markets arent capable of being perfect on their own. so in actuality, because there is no auction house i sell things cheaper, if we had one, then i could charge more. this means stimulating the economy. the only other ways to stimulate the economy is to add more new stuff to make people want to buy it (this already happens as they release more primes), regulating the products (they vault stuff), and bringing new people into the market by making trading more appealing or buy introducing more people (which the AH would do and new players are coming and going all the time). so trust me, the AH would only help warframe. the only bad thing it would do is screw over people trying to overprice things which is difficult to do in a AH since you see what everyone sells something at, not just the only person who makes an offer for you that you happen to meet. but, even if a AH would be detrimental to warframes economy, then wed already see the effects because it already exists, just its separate from warframe and its annoying to use (especially on console).

I dont really understand why people want to put an issue about the auction house.

1. How can the big guilds have giant monopoly over anything ?

A. The drop are RNG. Even if you got 500 people and their luck is bad you still cant get what you want.

-> most of the sure drop cant be sold. So it doesnt matter

B. Economy

-> it doesnt matter how much supply is there as long there is demand.

the most expensive items are thed rivens and vaulted things. The rest is a standard price for everything.

Most of the time is like rare part = 60 - 80

uncommon = 30 - 55

and common = 8 - 20

is almost standard in asia market.

-> for riven, if you put a buyout price might as well jsut put the price in auction market.

B. Many other games are doing it. Is simply because :

B1. You are trying to sell things with 100 ppl saying what they want in the trade channel. In lesser than 10 secs, you can see your msg push up and you need to scroll.

B2. Why in the world are you guys complaining when you guys use warframe market to set price and trade. Is the same concept but use 3rd party platform.

My only issue with Trade Chat is the Riven Spam. Maybe if there were channels where we could filter or sort what we trade which would slow the traffic down some. Im personally using Warframe market atm and i'm in love with it but there should be something very similar to it in-game. I know Steve back in the day said he didn't like the trade chat system, not sure if Maroo's bazaar was the fix for that but who knows. I think the bazaar should turn into an Auction House type deal but with limits on how high or how low you can sell that way the community doesn't undervalue specific items.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:47 AM, motorfirebox said:

I mean... no, I really don't want to sit around for two hours trying to sell stuff. I want to play the game. I have a gigantic inventory of saleable junk sitting around, compete sets of prime frames, event weapons, rare mods, and all kinds of stuff that I will never, ever sell because the trade system is so clunky and time-intensive. I didn't sign up for a third-person shooter so I could spend hours in chat spamming "wts".

Agreed.

I have tons to sell but no interest in sitting on my butt for hours when I could be doing something.

While I like being able to unload my useless, extra or duplicated gear on an auction house, Warframe Market showed a glaring issue with the trade mentality. 
People operate it. 
So forget about fairness, respect towards work/value/time since the current item is shelved or anything alike. While I certainly do not agree that 60-80% of the prime gear should be vaulted and not accessible, there is a certain amount of scalping happening which in the long run profits only people that stockpile platinum. While Trade chat is vile abomination of spite, greed and ignorance I have met a lot of good players that help each other, while putting the profit on the side. Human interactions serve as a buffer, remove the buffer and you will see a lot of negativity.

@phoenix1992     i dont know about you, but me and all my friends despise the current system and dont have these pleasant "buffers" you speak of. its just buying and selling with quite alot of people trying "the best" method to sell or buy things. a AH would only get rid of that, it wouldnt create more negativity since its a lack of communication, not the start of vile communication. besides, adding it wouldnt remove people from trading in chat (if implemented the same as world of warcraft). hell, too often you see people trying to sell game codes or begging for cash or attempting to scam people in the current system.

I would think that the absence of warframe.market from https://www.warframe.com/community/fansites would indicate DE's attitude towards auction houses, although should that site become more successful it might behoove DE to either embrace it or attempt killing it.  Even if you reversed the concept of an auction house and made it so only buyer's could list their orders, and sellers poked through the boards fulfilling them (ideally creating an upwards push or narrowing in on what people were really willing to pay for any given item), any form of improvement to what is the current system probably would effect an overall increase in supply relative to the increase in demand, dropping platinum sales.  Maroo's Bazaar was (probably) their attempt at tackling trade chat, and any improvements to trading might come from that direction rather than an auction house implementation.

EDIT:: If prices went down from increased supply, it's possible that people would value platinum more (what they can get with it) and buy more.  I certainly don't know how the world works.  What I do know is I can't abide the official trade channels that detract from time pointing guns at grineer via painful haggling & seeking, and so will continue use of warframe.market until it is killed dead.

Edited by RawrWolfie

On 9/5/2017 at 8:16 PM, (Xbox One)SLDMichaelMyers said:

also, world of warcraft hardly has perishables in the market and its still a working AH.

Yes, it works very well to inflate market prices. A level 5 green item in AH sells regularly for hundreds of gold. The Black Iron Shortsword is regularly on he ah for 500g. 

Yep, works real well. I say, bring back west commons tunnel style trading. 

• 1 month later...

yes, there does; and it can be something as simple as Darvo.  You go to Darvo, he says, hey, check this out... boom, up comes a list of crap for sale, or listed like classifieds, o.b.o., and so on, whatever the seller desires, and then 'wanted', where you put up a cash deposit, or platinum deposit, and first person to input the desired items gets the plats.

at any rate, it is a fairly obvious upgrade, and a fairly obvious gimp to a good game; it has other gimps that keep it from being a great game, unfortunately; but let us not get into the nitty gritty

just make a trading post, or SOMEthing, lets go

On 8/6/2017 at 2:05 AM, -N7-Leonhart said:

There is obviously a proper reason for it, and that is to help maintain the price of items at least relatively high.

Seller wants profit... At least 25 to 50, or even 100% mark-up rate. Nuff said.

Why is everyone else (Greedy milk seller) wants to have low number of trader? More trader = more market movement. How is this bad? Less trader = less market movement = artificial barrier of entry (third-party website & insecure) = Oligopoly where a group of seller make use of low supply of seller to artificial inflate price.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:58 PM, NoahXprshuN said:

@(PS4)LamentaBill See the thing about that is, I shouldn't have to use the warframe market. That's like me making a game, then having the worst squad que system ever ( Not saying trade chat is that bad) and the making people go to a 3rd party website to really get a better experience to squad with players that are already in the game ready to do stuff. You see what i'm saying? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this trade chat is very obnoxious and needs some help with an in-game auction house or something of the sort.

I agree that an in-game auction house would be a fantastic change. Warframe.market, while 10000 times better than trying to sell stuff via trade chat or bazzar, is still a bit of a pain in that you have to go back and forth from the game interface to list stuff, have to have buyer and seller happen to be online at same time, invite player to dojo etc. It isn't horrific by any means, but an in-game AH would be lots better.

34 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Seller wants profit... At least 25 to 50, or even 100% mark-up rate. Nuff said.

Why is everyone else (Greedy milk seller) wants to have low number of trader? More trader = more market movement. How is this bad? Less trader = less market movement = artificial barrier of entry (third-party website & insecure) = Oligopoly where a group of seller make use of low supply of seller to artificial inflate price.

Waframe has around 1 million of active players (that play at least once every 1-2 weeks). When all those players post an item to trade it, the price of the 99% of the items becomes 1 platinum. The 3rd party trading sites and the trade chats can only hold a few thousand players at once, and even in those conditions, the prices of most "rare" prime stuff is like 20p.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

13 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Waframe has around 1 million of active players (that play at least once every 1-2 weeks). When all those players post an item to trade it, the price of the 99% of the items becomes 1 platinum. The 3rd party trading sites and the trade chats can only hold a few thousand players at once, and even in those conditions, the prices of most "rare" prime stuff is like 20p.

So the greater benefit for the seller to 'safeguard' some artificial price set by player-base at expense of all the other trader whom are lazy to speed read trade chat or refuse to use third-party website?

Being able to sell an item for 1 plat rather then 0 from not being able to sell due to not trade chat stalker pro enuff. Like what you say, if all traders (1mil?) spam and flood the AH, it's bad, in this case we need an actual protection or prevention. Let's tie every 10 MR = +1 item for sales. 

On 8/5/2017 at 1:26 PM, NoahXprshuN said:

So I do not know or understand where these conclusions are coming from when games like black desert, world of Warcraft can implement these same markets and do perfectly fine

Are you serious? World of Warcraft as a good example? Its auction house is infamous for market manipulation; people even brag about how easy it is to do.

So against AH:

• All prices go to zero due to 'infinite' supply
    • there is no infinite supply as people are limited to the number of trades they can do
  • Wild market fluctuation due to whales cornering the market.
    • As opposed to now? where there is wild fluctuation? 
    • A whale could only execute at MOST 24 trades per day - hardly enough to corner any markets.

Further artificial limits on supply could be, aside from current trades per day

• You may only list as many items as you have trades remaining
  • If you list an item, you can't take it down - all listings stay up until next reset.  You may however adjust the price.  This would also decrement the remaining trades you have.

AH means inflation. tens of thousands more will start selling everything extra they have - completely annihilating any price and value anything has.

New players would have 0% chance to sell anything.
It adds bot's and market algorithms to manipulate, buy-low-sell-high or to boost sale prices buy buying everything cheap instantly.
Plat whales who collect it this way and sell it off third party sites for less than warframe's official rate.

a xxx stance sells for 10p right now ~100 people sell it actively. Add market - 100000 players have it. Since they do not have to waste time in chat, trying to sell - they can put it on market.
Suddenly market has a influx of 100k stances. Price drops to 1p in no time and chances of any specific person selling theirs drops to 0 due to sheer amount of them on sale. A buyer gets the one listed first and wont go to page 45 to buy one for the same price.

Edited by Ketec