Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Booster time in GameTime instead of Real Life Time


Recommended Posts

Strange... I did a forum search on "booster" and it came up with nothing... So here I go:

I been thinking about this for quite some time and it annoyes me enough that I'm gonna make a suggestion on it.
Buying a Booster is expensive if you are low income and/or limited time to play type of person.
I'd much rather spend those plats on a booster that didnt go to complete and utter waste just because something happened that made it so I couldnt even play after buying one.
The timer on those things should stop when going offline/not playing.
Its no fun at all to buy a booster for my daughter either, for the exact same reason. She may not even log on for a week occasionally and that is her choice but the boosters should not be wasted on the basis of not adapting real life to the game when it should be the other way around. 

 

Edited by finnishcoffee
for clarification
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I only play Warframe and Witcher 3 nowadays. No time for more games but a google search could probably bring up some examples.

I removed that line from the post however since it's actually irrelevant how other games work. It's merely a suggestion. :blush:

Link to post
Share on other sites

@finnishcoffee You are right though. But sadly most Games don't consider peoples have real life, in the current states of Days, which can consist of 1~16(20) Hours/day of game-play.

Many reasons for me not to get Premiums :|, can't say I am perfect either, but eh, it just not appealing, that is all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need an example to think through a posted idea/suggestion/concern, nor do you need to ask him to post links for the very same search engine you have access to as well.. in my opinion anyway.

I see where you're going with this @finnishcoffee, however I don't think this will change. For the simple reason, it's placed in the market for the reason of easy access to it in the first place. Booster's aren't only obtaineable via the market but can be won as rewards in sorties - without paying a single penny for.

Maybe if you're suggesting that when you pay - the timer should be real time, that's something DE executives will need to consider - as market is pretty much the place where they earn revenues. No right answer, no wrong answer. However, most likely, it will not happen - as mentioned, you can obtain boosters without actually paying for them via sorties or raids.

Edited by MrMack
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

as mentioned, you can obtain boosters without actually paying for them via sorties or raids.

Ah yes. That's what they are called.. Sorties... The things I barely ever do. :D
Dont do raids either actually. For nearly same reason. However, Boosters that are aquired in game I dont mind working that way. But when I actually pay for a 3 day booster, I expect three gamedays of boost. Three days of playtime that Is. 72 hours might be a better term to use actually. 
72 gaming hours that dont keep ticking when I'm not actually playing. LOL That simple. :)

Wouldn't be cool to buy minutes to the cellphone and they vanished wether you used the phone or not. Robbery! Theft! :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, finnishcoffee said:

But when I actually pay for a 3 day booster, I expect three gamedays of boost. Three days of playtime that Is. 72 hours might be a better term to use actually. 
72 gaming hours that dont keep ticking when I'm not actually playing. LOL That simple. :)

And what would be the price for such a booster? And please don't say it's the same as right now.
The price would have to be way higher. Would you pay more plat for that? And if so, would you still be fine with that price if there were no plat-discounts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And what would be the price for such a booster? And please don't say it's the same as right now.
The price would have to be way higher. Would you pay more plat for that? And if so, would you still be fine with that price if there were no plat-discounts?

I can see it being higher for 72 gaminghours guaranteed affinity boost, of course! Thats not the problem. it's not the pricing itself I have an issue with. its paying for the boost and then not be able to use it on the time of my choosing. Thats like a car using gas when the engine is off and I'm not even using it to go anywhere. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, finnishcoffee said:

it's not the pricing itself I have an issue with. its paying for the boost and then not be able to use it on the time of my choosing.

Then... don't buy the booster, if you have no time to use it?
That's like buying a car and never using it. Would you go to the salesman and rant about how you threw your money out the window? No, because you knew what you were doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Then... don't buy the booster, if you have no time to use it?
That's like buying a car and never using it. Would you go to the salesman and rant about how you threw your money out the window? No, because you knew what you were doing.

I do have time. but not 3 days in a row dedicated to the game alone. Wich is what it would be best used like.
I'd much rather pay 40 plats for a 6-12 hour boost that I can use at any given time without it being wasted just because I dont play it marathonlike.
3 days are the shortest ones offered on market and I'm seldom able to play three days in a row.
lol no, it's not like buying a car and never using it. It's like buying GAS for it that disappears if not used immediately.
Boosters we pay for should work same way. Used only when actually playing the game.
Of course I play the game (I also drive my car lol). But not nearly often enough to make good use of the 3 day booster since I cant split it up into sessions that suits me.
I buy 150 miles worth of gas for said car (rather then walking 150 miles on foot wich would take for EVVAH - and so does ranking up without boosters in our case),
That gas doesnt just poof by itself because I dont drive those miles right away and neither should affinity boosters (or any other boosters for that matter)

How much clearer do I need to be, or are you just trolling me? :P

There need to be a better system for casual players so we're not paying overprize for something that isnt available for purchase in smaller packages then 3 days.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, finnishcoffee said:

I'd much rather pay 40 plats for a 6-12 hour boost that I can use at any given time without it being wasted just because I dont play it marathonlike.

But why would these boosters be this cheap?
It's likely they would be expensive. Something like 100 plat for 2 hours, or even more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, finnishcoffee said:

I do have time. but not 3 days in a row dedicated to the game alone. Wich is what it would be best used like.
I'd much rather pay 40 plats for a 6-12 hour boost that I can use at any given time without it being wasted just because I dont play it marathonlike.
3 days are the shortest ones offered on market and I'm seldom able to play three days in a row.
lol no, it's not like buying a car and never using it. It's like buying GAS for it that disappears if not used immediately.
Boosters we pay for should work same way. Used only when actually playing the game.
Of course I play the game (I also drive my car lol). But not nearly often enough to make good use of the 3 day booster since I cant split it up into sessions that suits me.
I buy 150 miles worth of gas for said car (rather then walking 150 miles on foot wich would take for EVVAH - and so does ranking up without boosters in our case),
That gas doesnt just poof by itself because I dont drive those miles right away and neither should affinity boosters (or any other boosters for that matter)

How much clearer do I need to be, or are you just trolling me? :P

There need to be a better system for casual players so we're not paying overprize for something that isnt available for purchase in smaller packages then 3 days.
 

I completely agree, this irks me too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...
On 2017-08-06 at 12:30 AM, XionicoRX said:

How many games do have premiums, boosters and stuff like that with a timer only counting on game time? I haven't seen a single game, so could you tell me kindly an example?

Battlefield 4.  Booster tracks play time and pauses when you exit.  Much better design.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...