Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I missed Operator voice

FireSegment

Honestly, no trolling, i missed hearing them while doing mission, I was annoying by them at first after second dream release, like anyone else, but i start to get fond of them after a while. Nowadays, i even rarely heard them in mission (and can't check if my operator look good in the transmission)

I want to hear Operator voice again, but not as random VO in a mission. No, there are way more opportunity for them to deliver meaningful information rather than random comments. DE put a lot of characteristic into those voice, it should not go to waste.

I propose having some new trigger for operator voice when we doing these following action:

- Upgrade/Unlock a skill in focus tree: "We will bring honor to the tenno","Lotus is counting on us" and alike

- Sitting to Navigation (as operator): 1/5 chance of "I hope we ready for this", and alike.

- View an enemy codex (as operator): 1/10 chance of specific faction quote "The corpus is just a cult ..." and alike.

- View market/foundry (as operator): 1/5 chance of "Oh ... This look fun" and alike.

My basic idea is instead of force VO in a mission, we bring the interaction of operator into our orbiter, while we are in operator form. That way, those who allergies with operator don't have to listen to it while us who like them can still hear them frequently.

Of course the list up there is just a small example i just think of, we could expand more on where could our operator interaction take place. Let me know what u guys think

- 

Edited by FireSegment

Eh, I'd rather Operators be used as a call-out system ("group up",  "come to this location", "need help", etcetera) between players in a mission than random VO. Make Operators an actual part of combat instead of just a random talking head. Have operators represent you as the player as opposed to them being a third person. 

Edited by DrBorris

3 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Eh, I'd rather Operators be used as a call-out system ("group up",  "come to this location", "need help", etcetera) between players in a mission than random VO. Make Operators an actual part of combat instead of just a random talking head. Have operators represent you as the player as opposed to them being a third person. 

well .... since that system dont exist yet (and not likely to in the future, too much UI layer already, and player can just ... use their actual voice for that) i think operator voice could just become some subtle interaction, to differentiate with when a frame doing ii u know.

I imagine this to be sort of like baro change his line when u have prime gear vs normal gear, only that it's inside the orbiter, and frame vs orbiter rather than prime vs normal. (interact with frame remain silence ofc).

1 hour ago, GenerationX3 said:

I think when encountering a large amount of enemies the operator should have the chance of saying the "ooh this like fun". Had my operator say this earlier as I was mid dive bomb into a horde of infested with my war.

Yeah, i have a bunch of moments like that too. but it's so rare and few in between now

the thing about VO of NPC like this is that with just one time the lines are appropriated to the situation, then it stick with us player for a long time, even when there's just 1/50 chance it does so.

How about the option to adjust a Tenno's verbal personality in their customization option?

21 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I just think more idle dialogue needs to be added. In-mission stuff would be nice too. :D

I find it somewhat odd how the Operators can throw in extremely unfitting comments during normal missions, but during quest they don't say a single damn word about the situations.

9 hours ago, Othergrunty said:

How about the option to adjust a Tenno's verbal personality in their customization option?

i imagine that wouldn't be easy, if not hard to implement from DE part.(or more like having to record too much voice for too little cuztomization)

9 hours ago, Othergrunty said:

I find it somewhat odd how the Operators can throw in extremely unfitting comments during normal missions, but during quest they don't say a single damn word about the situations.

exactly the reason why they cut down the number of operator interaction during normal mission in the first place. Making it fit for the specific thing like quest might need oversight from DE part, but really .... there's a lot of fitting place for operator voice to interact with that they missed completely, imo