Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

During the Sortie, it may happen that the Infested Corpus part of Lephantis will bug during the first stage of the boss, and he will not open his mouth at any moment after getting out of the ground, going back underground with no windows to damage him. This repeats multiple times, till it finally decides to open it's mouth after a long time. This happens only in the first part of the battle, and the host doesn't seen to matter for this.

--------------------

Moderator Edit:

This is a known issue and DE are investigating:

So it seems that Lephantis has been heavily bugged for years, but now is when it seems the most detrimental to players, both new and old alike. As you know, Lephantis has three heads that you must kill before moving on to phase two, killing the three heads and then extracting to complete the mission. However, today's sortie has been extremely tedious due to the recent bug that has cropped-up with the Corpus head, in which it will not open-up at all. This isn't the meat of the issue yet. Phase two of Lephantis refuses to function properly, in which none of the heads will open. As you know, this is a very serious issue that has been encountered, which stops tenno from completing the mission.

• 5 weeks later...

We've been having an issue with this as well. It's very frustrating and frankly quite a waste of time. 

The Infested Corpus Head will just stop opening it's head after taking about 1/4 of its health off. 

This only seems to be happening to us after the most recent patch, 21.7.0, was dropped.

Corpus head definitely bugged. Damaging the corpus head early, but not killing it first seems to be my mistake. There's absolutely no reason this boss should still be an issue, as I found posts dating back to 2013 about this and other spawning issues. Come on, DE, let's fix the old content too.

Me and my friend tried to kill the Lephantis boss in Orokin Derilict yesterday evening. Phase 1 went through just smoothly, but then we fell to the underground Phase 2 arena, we killed his all his heads but a Corpus one and it just refused to open for attack, making the boss impossible to kill. We waited for about 15 minutes and restarted. Then we tried to kill the Corpus head first, but then it got like 10% health left it closed and never opened again ( even while two other heads were intact). Such thing happened for 4 times in a row and then we just gave up on this.  

So Lephantis is fatally bugged now,  or there is a way to kill it somehow?

I would not call it the second phase, more like the end of the first phase for me. I killed the infested and grineer heads to have the corpus head last. Apparently his "cautious" AI causes him to not attack when he is the last head standing. Perhaps he should be set to attack without being cautious like the other two heads?

Also, I am currently stuck in the mission now because of this, if any dev's/gm's want to see it first hand.

Same bug just happened to me. Trying to finish the junction requirements, and this stops me in my tracks completely.

Come on DE, don't let this one thing spoil an otherwise amazing game. Don't make a long-time, notoriously bugged boss a requirement to progress. I'm lucky that I unblocked every planet before the junction system, but not everyone is.

So we tried killing lephantis and he keeps bugging out, the Corpus head stays closed when entering second phase making the whole boss unkillable.
it also accured that the Ancient head also got stuck so the  whole boss was doing nothing but spewing toxic and standing still.

We tried to nuke the head down before it could close up but that did not help either.

The fact that we can't kill him is very annoying since we would like to complete our junction but because of this boss....... we cant.........

after the 7th / 8th time we managed to kill the boss.

i dont know why there is a difference but there was...

https://youtu.be/hbN6hIjgjGU