Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute: Sun Warframe

(PSN)LoisGordils

Not that this wouldn't be cool, because it would be, but while it's a reward to lock some decent weapons behind the daily login system to encourage long-term play, locking the content of an entire frame behind that would be terrible.

Imagine that the first person to log in for 800 days (that's consistent daily logins for over two years and two months) unlocks this frame, and you're sitting there with only 300 days logged in... knowing, just knowing, that at the minimum time you are not getting that frame for a year and a half... watching other players get it, watching people make discussions about nerfing this ability or buffing that, or even the entire frame getting a rework in the time it takes you to finally unlock it...

How bad would that make you feel as a player in a loot-based game, being locked out of loot on a timer based on you being forced to turn up once a day, every day, in a game that you might even stop playing in that time? Coming back to it a year or more later, because of some new update, and seeing that you've still got another 220 days to go before you can get that frame you saw and liked and now so many people have...

I can hear the tiny violins playing already.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:24 AM, Thaylien said:

Not that this wouldn't be cool, because it would be, but while it's a reward to lock some decent weapons behind the daily login system to encourage long-term play, locking the content of an entire frame behind that would be terrible.

Imagine that the first person to log in for 800 days (that's consistent daily logins for over two years and two months) unlocks this frame, and you're sitting there with only 300 days logged in... knowing, just knowing, that at the minimum time you are not getting that frame for a year and a half... watching other players get it, watching people make discussions about nerfing this ability or buffing that, or even the entire frame getting a rework in the time it takes you to finally unlock it...

How bad would that make you feel as a player in a loot-based game, being locked out of loot on a timer based on you being forced to turn up once a day, every day, in a game that you might even stop playing in that time? Coming back to it a year or more later, because of some new update, and seeing that you've still got another 220 days to go before you can get that frame you saw and liked and now so many people have...

I can hear the tiny violins playing already.

Same as being locked out of getting a good rifle for 600 days? And an amazing melee weapon for 400?

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Same as being locked out of getting a good rifle for 600 days? And an amazing melee weapon for 400?

Nope, way worse than that. A weapon often gets locked behind some kind of time investment already, the Wraith and Vandal series for example, there are even some that are retired from the game entirely that we're never going to get. All Warframes barring the single one that's a Founder's item are available to all players in the basic progression system, through quests, joining a clan, etc. The frames are incentives and methods to play the game's content, not held ransom to ensure attendance.

2 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Nope, way worse than that. A weapon often gets locked behind some kind of time investment already, the Wraith and Vandal series for example, there are even some that are retired from the game entirely that we're never going to get. All Warframes barring the single one that's a Founder's item are available to all players in the basic progression system, through quests, joining a clan, etc. The frames are incentives and methods to play the game's content, not held ransom to ensure attendance.

So weapons that have UNIQUE mechanics to them are fine to be locked but somehow that is different than a new Warframe? Not really. Name another melee that dies what the zenistar does, or a pistol that does what the Asian does, or a rifle that has infinite punch through. Oh wait there are none.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

So weapons that have UNIQUE mechanics to them are fine to be locked but somehow that is different than a new Warframe? Not really. Name another melee that dies what the zenistar does, or a pistol that does what the Asian does, or a rifle that has infinite punch through. Oh wait there are none.

Locking a warframe away would be the worst thing ever.. Because this game is based entirely around them.

locking a warframe behind 8-900+ days would be almost as bad as what they did with excal prime. and yes what they did with excal prime was stupid.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

Locking a warframe away would be the worst thing ever.. Because this game is based entirely around them.

locking a warframe behind 8-900+ days would be almost as bad as what they did with excal prime. and yes what they did with excal prime was stupid.

Most people who would have an issue with that wouldn't be playing the game that long anyway. Most people won't get the zenith because before a year and 2/3 is up they'll have moved on to something else.

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Most people who would have an issue with that wouldn't be playing the game that long anyway. Most people won't get the zenith because before a year and 2/3 is up they'll have moved on to something else.

iv been playing the game since open beta started and im only at just over 300 days. most people don't have the ability to log in every single day and locking something like a frame behind that mechanic is not cool.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

iv been playing the game since open beta started and im only at just over 300 days. most people don't have the ability to log in every single day and locking something like a frame behind that mechanic is not cool.

So you still have the better part of a year to log in for the zenith assuming you manage to log in everyday. So again how does that make it any worse for a frame?  How can you literally not log in and log out on a daily basis. It takes all of 2 minutes. Sounds like a personal issue to me.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

So you still have the better part of a year to log in for the zenith assuming you manage to log in everyday. So again how does that make it any worse for a frame?  How can you literally not log in and log out on a daily basis. It takes all of 2 minutes. Sounds like a personal issue to me.

because frames are a much bigger deal than weapons. we get a new frame once every 3-4 months and is one of the major content draws for people, but we get a new weapon every week or two.

And I travel quite a bit, and work extremely long hours regularly so when I get home doing anything other than falling asleep is like asking me to move a mountain.

I couldn't care less if they gave really cool cosmetics and prime mods out for login rewards, hell make a cool sentinel for all I care. But frames are just off the table in my eyes. Its not fair to new players who can get any frame they want at any time just by playing. and its not fair to people like me who cant log in every day.

Ehhh, the way I see it, is if locking affinity granting weapons behind the login system is ok, then a Warframe isn't unreasonable either.  Why? Because it rewards the people with time to kill and login almost every day.  I don't see the difference.

I'd rather have it be a universal cosmetic tbh. 

Edited by MagPrime

I don't think they will do a WF and lock it behind 900days of login. Thankfully. At least not for another 900 days...

I think they will move onto a moon weapon set so both the sun and moon alignment/factions are represented in weapon sets before we see any sort of frames.

How comes everyone is talking about 900 days? Has the 700 been seen abd known?

Please do not let the 700 login be a cheesy cloth that all my Frames can wear but gives nothing in the line of fun. Please do not be a dongle for the Void Demons to wear and look edgy even moreso towards them stepping out of a manga. Please do not be a string i can tie on my weapon and it say "700" on it. 

Cosmetics are the worst thing that 700 days of logging in can give the people. If that is the 700 login....backlog of games, here i come. If that is the gift, 730 days best be a Warframe. Been too long since my last free one. You all recall that choice from 3 right? Day 1 needs a Day 700+ as a way of saying THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH US. 

Yeah, yeah....complaint, crymoan, beach season, saltastic.....but those happen no matter what happens in this game.

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

How comes everyone is talking about 900 days? Has the 700 been seen abd known?

Please do not let the 700 login be a cheesy cloth that all my Frames can wear but gives nothing in the line of fun. Please do not be a dongle for the Void Demons to wear and look edgy even moreso towards them stepping out of a manga. Please do not be a string i can tie on my weapon and it say "700" on it. 

Cosmetics are the worst thing that 700 days of logging in can give the people. If that is the 700 login....backlog of games, here i come. If that is the gift, 730 days best be a Warframe. Been too long since my last free one. You all recall that choice from 3 right? Day 1 needs a Day 700+ as a way of saying THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH US. 

Yeah, yeah....complaint, crymoan, beach season, saltastic.....but those happen no matter what happens in this game.

some cosmetics that people can actually see I think would be really cool. Its like a status symbol that says "iv been playing this game every day for 2 years."

4 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

I think locking a warframe behind hundreds of days of login rewards could be one of the worst decisions they would ever make for sure, and I think it would drive a lot of players away both veteran and new.

The storm of fury would be so horrific they would have to change their decision to put it there, and people would lose trust permanently. It's an awful idea I keep seeing floated around by random Tenno, who I don't think understand the ramifications of what they are asking. 

A frame themed around the weapons from login, sure? But lock it behind login rewards? Quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard. 

IMO from this point forward it should be solely cosmetics for login. Just lots of really unique, cool themed cosmetics around the sundial thing, that can really show off that login reward swag. Stuff that really stands out. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

K, I was gonna agree with you. But some people LITERALLY cannot log in. Whether it be a dead computer, dead internet or the fact they might be on holiday, there are a lot of reasons why they cant login. I can imagine being on a long flight across the world would make you miss a day