Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute: Sun Warframe

(PSN)LoisGordils

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think locking a warframe behind hundreds of days of login rewards could be one of the worst decisions they would ever make for sure, and I think it would drive a lot of players away both veteran and new.

The storm of fury would be so horrific they would have to change their decision to put it there, and people would lose trust permanently. It's an awful idea I keep seeing floated around by random Tenno, who I don't think understand the ramifications of what they are asking. 

A frame themed around the weapons from login, sure? But lock it behind login rewards? Quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard. 

IMO from this point forward it should be solely cosmetics for login. Just lots of really unique, cool themed cosmetics around the sundial thing, that can really show off that login reward swag. Stuff that really stands out. 

Why would one frame make someone stop playing? Some reason to quit if you are otherwise enjoying the game

3 hours ago, Arniox said:

K, I was gonna agree with you. But some people LITERALLY cannot log in. Whether it be a dead computer, dead internet or the fact they might be on holiday, there are a lot of reasons why they cant login. I can imagine being on a long flight across the world would make you miss a day

Travel, family commitments (I get invaded by nephews often.  It's an invasion, there's 6 of them.) Work, medical, natural disasters (wild fires knock out internet and power for my entire county and yet I was in no actual danger, so even though it wasn't a real issue, I still couldn't login) stuff like that.

Main reason why I don't think locking affinity granting items behind logging in is the best idea. 

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Main reason why I don't think locking affinity granting items behind logging in is the best idea. 

Look at it this way, DE has planned for there to only be 30 Mastery Ranks. We will have more content than that, guaranteed. Locking the MR Affinity weapons in the log in system is fine because, long term, we will be able to max out our MR without them. Not to mention that MR currently has only one use beyond MR14 (where you now have access to every single piece of content that's Mastery Locked) and that's the Mod Points. Considering it's possible, with current game content, to reach MR14 in 14 days (one test every day, and enough gameplay to consistently level weapons, maybe traded plat for a booster and rushing the items if you don't have all day to play), then what's the point of worrying about three MR Affinity granting items in the timed rewards?

The log in rewards are not how we experience the game, and they are, and always will be, optional for players to get and rewards for long term play. That's fine by me.

A Warframe is how we play the game, a change to the base state of the player running around in the level, regardless of what shiny toys they have to kill the enemies with. DE won't lock actual gameplay away from the potential thousands of new players over the next few years.

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think locking a warframe behind hundreds of days of login rewards could be one of the worst decisions they would ever make for sure, and I think it would drive a lot of players away both veteran and new.

The storm of fury would be so horrific they would have to change their decision to put it there, and people would lose trust permanently. It's an awful idea I keep seeing floated around by random Tenno, who I don't think understand the ramifications of what they are asking. 

A frame themed around the weapons from login, sure? But lock it behind login rewards? Quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard. 

IMO from this point forward it should be solely cosmetics for login. Just lots of really unique, cool themed cosmetics around the sundial thing, that can really show off that login reward swag. Stuff that really stands out. 

The compromise, then, is a Sundial DELUXE SKIN.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Sundial archwing so haters wont care and it has less impact than a frame login reward. Plus we already have equinox kinda sun-themed.

This archwing could have cool powers like a deployable dish shooting a fomorian like beam and an AOE blind.

Call it the Goldeneye-wing

On 07/08/2017 at 4:24 PM, Thaylien said:

Not that this wouldn't be cool, because it would be, but while it's a reward to lock some decent weapons behind the daily login system to encourage long-term play, locking the content of an entire frame behind that would be terrible.

Imagine that the first person to log in for 800 days (that's consistent daily logins for over two years and two months) unlocks this frame, and you're sitting there with only 300 days logged in... knowing, just knowing, that at the minimum time you are not getting that frame for a year and a half... watching other players get it, watching people make discussions about nerfing this ability or buffing that, or even the entire frame getting a rework in the time it takes you to finally unlock it...

How bad would that make you feel as a player in a loot-based game, being locked out of loot on a timer based on you being forced to turn up once a day, every day, in a game that you might even stop playing in that time? Coming back to it a year or more later, because of some new update, and seeing that you've still got another 220 days to go before you can get that frame you saw and liked and now so many people have...

I can hear the tiny violins playing already.

Maybe people don't deserve what they don't work towards? It's how the world used to work at one stage. 

1 hour ago, iGnome21 said:

Sundial archwing so haters wont care and it has less impact than a frame login reward. Plus we already have equinox kinda sun-themed.

This archwing could have cool powers like a deployable dish shooting a fomorian like beam and an AOE blind.

Call it the Goldeneye-wing

Wow, why do I think the salt will be even more enormous if that happens. I like Archwing, but dude...

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Look at it this way, DE has planned for there to only be 30 Mastery Ranks. We will have more content than that, guaranteed. Locking the MR Affinity weapons in the log in system is fine because, long term, we will be able to max out our MR without them. Not to mention that MR currently has only one use beyond MR14 (where you now have access to every single piece of content that's Mastery Locked) and that's the Mod Points. Considering it's possible, with current game content, to reach MR14 in 14 days (one test every day, and enough gameplay to consistently level weapons, maybe traded plat for a booster and rushing the items if you don't have all day to play), then what's the point of worrying about three MR Affinity granting items in the timed rewards?

The log in rewards are not how we experience the game, and they are, and always will be, optional for players to get and rewards for long term play. That's fine by me.

A Warframe is how we play the game, a change to the base state of the player running around in the level, regardless of what shiny toys they have to kill the enemies with. DE won't lock actual gameplay away from the potential thousands of new players over the next few years.

It's not about needing the affinity to get to the highest possible MR.  We already have enough items in game for non Founders and CBT's to get to MR 24 - I have a couple in my clan like that - and at no point did I say anything about the weapons preventing someone's advancement.

However, if it's acceptable to lock weapons into the login system, then a Warframe really isn't that far out of line.  We have 30 some of them already, having one locked behind say, 1,000 days, wouldn't make or break someones gaming experience anymore than not having Primed Vigor or the Zenistar. They're still able to fully enjoy the game.

Saying that locking a Warframe into the login rewards is bad simply because it changes how we experience the game, is a lot like saying we should bring the Founders items back because someone isn't able to experience what those items have to offer.  (even if they are Primed variants with limited stat changes.)

33 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Saying that locking a Warframe into the login rewards is bad simply because it changes how we experience the game, is a lot like saying we should bring the Founders items back because someone isn't able to experience what those items have to offer.  (even if they are Primed variants with limited stat changes.)

The Founders pack is explained as being exactly what it is, and we have the assurance of DE that nobody but Founders will ever have it. I can accept that, everybody can eventually accept that as fact.

It's also the primed variant of a frame that exists, so the same abilities, gameplay and everything else is already in the game for players from the start of the game when they first sign up. Stats be damned, it's the way you play the game, the choices that abilities give you that weapons don't. You can have different and better rifles, secondaries or weapons, just because the Zenith range is unique mechanically doesn't stop them from being just more guns. They are fairly good incentives to stay logged in and playing, I'll admit, being good guns. But they are not how you play the game, you can always choose a different and better gun or melee weapon.

But here's a question then; what about the Prime? Why care about this 1000 day login if you can pick up the Prime from Relics in a day of farming? Buy it out of the Trade chat in minutes? Vauban already suffers from this, being a purely Alert reward for his parts, in the last six months of play I've seen two, a total of two, alerts that drop Vauban due to my time constraints, running at the exact same time, so basically one alert window only, and I'm guessing others have the same experience. In the same time I've farmed thousands of resources, and seen way more than thirty Nitain alerts, and could have farmed Vauban Prime's parts sixty times over, give or take.

They aren't going to hide a Prime Warframe behind a time delay, not when they release them with Prime Access as one of their profit gain options. All that putting the non-prime version on the 1000 day reward would do is cause people to just not care about it, it wouldn't be a reward, it would be an afterthought.

Also @(PS4)RankRancid it's not working towards something, it's sitting on your &#! and saying 'are we there yet' for hundreds of days. Where is the work? Vauban Prime is work, Chroma is work, Equinox is work. A login reward is a staring contest with a wall.

Edited by Thaylien

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

Also @(PS4)RankRancid it's not working towards something, it's sitting on your &#! and saying 'are we there yet' for hundreds of days. Where is the work? Vauban Prime is work, Chroma is work, Equinox is work. A login reward is a staring contest with a wall.

That sounds exactly like the majority of humanities work lives to me. We just replace hundreds of days with thousands of days.

Vauban, Chroma and Equinox on the other hand sound like luck and chance to me through grind. Instead of grinding for a few days we now have to grind for hundreds of days even if it is just logging in to claim the daily log in. No luck and chance needed this time. 

The current weapons for daily access are enough. Time locking a Frame past a year is a bit crazy. If they retroactively added frame quest within the first year would still be bad but  more tolerable. I'd rather have a Moon/Sun frame based on your quest decisions. The same powers, just themed differently on your current decision status.