Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Medallions with no alarm riven challenge

Squick

I got a melee riven the other day with the task of earning 12 syndicate medallions without setting off an alarm. Normally, I'm fine with no-alarm kind of things, but in this case, there's a few problems.

There are only 2 mission types you can actually do this in at all without triggering an alarm and failing it, and your syndicate buddies that tag along trigger alarms. Sure you can tell them to hold position at the start, but sometimes they don't spawn next to you and wander through a room of people, triggering alarms.

But back to the mission types - Intercept, Defense, Excavation, Survival, reactor Sabotage, Capture, Hijack, Hive, and Mobile Defense all trigger alarms at some point through running the mission regardless of how stealthy you are. In the case of capture, it's not an actual alarm, but getting within ~100m or so of the target fails the objective. This leaves you with exterminate and rescue as your only 2 mission types, and you must do two of them to complete the challenge. This has lead to a little bit of frustration thanks to the above, where I'd spawn in and my syndicate buddies would spawn in a room nearby, running to me and triggering alarms, or I'd get 10/12 and then the capture target blows it or something similar.

Maybe keep it at 8 with no alarm?

1 minute ago, Squick said:

I got a melee riven the other day with the task of earning 12 syndicate medallions without setting off an alarm. Normally, I'm fine with no-alarm kind of things, but in this case, there's a few problems.

There are only 2 mission types you can actually do this in at all without triggering an alarm and failing it, and your syndicate buddies that tag along trigger alarms. Sure you can tell them to hold position at the start, but sometimes they don't spawn next to you and wander through a room of people, triggering alarms.

But back to the mission types - Intercept, Defense, Excavation, Survival, reactor Sabotage, Capture, Hijack, Hive, and Mobile Defense all trigger alarms at some point through running the mission regardless of how stealthy you are. In the case of capture, it's not an actual alarm, but getting within ~100m or so of the target fails the objective. This leaves you with exterminate and rescue as your only 2 mission types, and you must do two of them to complete the challenge. This has lead to a little bit of frustration thanks to the above, where I'd spawn in and my syndicate buddies would spawn in a room nearby, running to me and triggering alarms, or I'd get 10/12 and then the capture target blows it or something similar.

Maybe keep it at 8 with no alarm?

Yeah, plus 12 seems a bit random