Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes available to the people not so fortunate with plat or experience.

(XBOX)D3L7A Z7R1K3

Okay so after helping my new friends that have begun they're warframe journey 2 out of the 7 people asked me 'what is an arcane' and 'what is a trial' long story short they came from destiny after I explained LoR or JV is basically mechanic heavy encounters divided into 3 different missions and they are like 'that sounds annoying with the amount of grinding that is required now' and one of them said something very intriguing as he also came to warframe from the division and mentioned "why not have a weekly objective or extra criteria that will reward a random arcane enhancement if completed on time like the ayatan treasures" and I replied, "that is a good idea and I will see what the forum thinks about that" 

I want to hear feedback if any. Like rivens dominate primed items so the new players feel shunned like they are worthless. Even a veiled melee riven is more expensive than a primed set set(at least on xbox)... Before rivens entered the market, the market was rich and full of interaction and now only the elite like myself and others that have everything warframe has to offer and just grind for the sake of keeping ourselves busy then when can the new players experience arcane enhancments. Like energizing stocking energy. Or grace for those clutch moments. It will drop the price aka tampering with the market values but I call it as leveling the field for one and all. So a weekly objective for 1 random arcane enhancement and people like myself try daily.

23 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

I wouldn't mind even if Arcanes started dropping from sabotage caches. Raids are not challenging anyway.

Would you actually consider grinding sabotage caches for over 10x - whatever arcane you want?

I feel like I'd get mildly annoyed after the third arcane considering it's something you want to have 10 of.
It's not any more challenging, just even more tedious from my point of view because caches have the usual loot inside of them as well.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

The point of arcanes is to be an exclusive and rewarding prize for doing the hardest things in the game. They aren't supposed to be accessible to everyone. The real issue is how cheasy (yes, i just combined those words) they have become. Raids should be harder. But arcanes should remain there, as intended.

Just now, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Would you actually consider grinding sabotage caches for over 10x - whatever arcane you want?

Yes, at least sabotage has different tilesets and random cache placement. As for me, it is definitely better than running same tileset of LoR/JV, which you learn by heart  over and over on daily basis.

Edited by SeaUrchins

New players don't quite get access to Trials/Raids and that is not a new concept.

In Warframe the resources alone can be prohibitive for newcomers not to mention failing consumes the key.

Where there is an issue with running with new players is that there is a Daily lockout and one cannot simply 'Pay to Replay'

Daily Trial runners seem to be the same group of people.

New players are always asking to be taught how to do the trials (On PS4) 

If a Player could pay plat to unlock the Arcane/Trial reward, then they might be willing to have a take a couple beers players through the Trials.

(Although I can only hope that Trials 'replay' would not be too expensive and that a Players would not charge more than the 'Replay' cost to taxi/teach players the Trial)*

On 08/08/2017 at 7:02 PM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

New players don't quite get access to Trials/Raids and that is not a new concept.

In Warframe the resources alone can be prohibitive for newcomers not to mention failing consumes the key.

Where there is an issue with running with new players is that there is a Daily lockout and one cannot simply 'Pay to Replay'

Daily Trial runners seem to be the same group of people.

New players are always asking to be taught how to do the trials (On PS4) 

If a Player could pay plat to unlock the Arcane/Trial reward, then they might be willing to have a take a couple beers players through the Trials.

(Although I can only hope that Trials 'replay' would not be too expensive and that a Players would not charge more than the 'Replay' cost to taxi/teach players the Trial)*

I'm not sure that new players priority should be arcanes wich fondamentally count as endgame gear.  It's more useful to get your gear together, get the mods and max them and so on.

However if new players so inclined they can still do them. Obviously you can't just go without at least decent gear and somebody more experienced taking you to, but that's the point of high level content rewards.

There is a raid discord channel you can just search for it, and they will take inexperienced ppl daily on raid buses to teach them to do raids without any problem. So there is plenty of accebility to raids even for new players. (but for JV, you need at least an archwing :P)

The only unique rewards for raids are arcanes and I don't think it should be obtainable out of those missons.

In alternative you can buy them if you don't want to be bothered with raids.

1 hour ago, Nirrel said:

I'm not sure that new players priority should be arcanes wich fondamentally count as endgame gear.  It's more useful to get your gear together, get the mods and max them and so on.

However if new players so inclined they can still do them. Obviously you can't just go without at least decent gear and somebody more experienced taking you to, but that's the point of high level content rewards.

There is a raid discord channel you can just search for it, and they will take inexperienced ppl daily on raid buses to teach them to do raids without any problem. So there is plenty of accebility to raids even for new players. (but for JV, you need at least an archwing :P)

The only unique rewards for raids are arcanes and I don't think it should be obtainable out of those missons.

In alternative you can buy them if you don't want to be bothered with raids.

I strongly agree, that Arcane Enhancements should not be new players 1st priority. 

As far as Rewards go: Arcanes and Rivens are About as end-game as Warframe has it right now; other mods are farmed on normal levels without a daily lockout.

Which is why I said the daily lockout is sort-of what keeps some veteran players from assisting newer up and coming players.

•They are locked from the reward and thus don't rerun the content for that day

I do agree that Arcanes should remain as-is for Trials only as that is really the only reason to do them.

I would be game for "noob" Arcanes being Sortie rewards. Have these be Arcanes that are largely "meh" but it exposes players to the system and makes the opportunity for an Arcane Revive more available. It would also help with exposing players to Trials as a whole, once they start getting these weird Arcane things they will be more likely to explore where to get more. 

The resistance Arcanes (Deflection, Healing, Ice, Nullifier, Resistance, and Warmth) would be perfect. Go ahead and take them out of the LoR pool too, I doubt you will hear any complaints from those who raid regularly. 

On 8/8/2017 at 0:28 PM, ashrah said:

i would bring arcanes to baro...its sick to see how ppl getting rip of 400+ plat for 1 piece

Of course you would....you seem to think market price is a rip off simply because you can't buy them.

It will only have been a rip off if your absurd idea comes to life. Suddenly Arcane Energize (which I assume you referred to since it's the only arcane that costs 400p a piece), only dropped from the Raid with more entry gates available, i.e archwing, which requires 8 players with resources, experience and top notch archwing gear and has a drop rate of 5% last i checked, becomes buyable with measly ducats. :crylaugh:

Some of you, in your greediness, because none of the arcanes are required at all to do anything, are willing to break economy, devalue what lots of people have worked hard for, just so you can have it.

Arcanes are a luxury, not in any way can they be compared to the rewards of Destiny's Raid who were literally the only ways to advance in light (item lv).

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

21 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Of course you would....you seem to think market price is a rip off simply because you can't buy them.

It will only have been a rip off if your absurd idea comes to life. Suddenly Arcane Energize (which I assume you referred to since it's the only arcane that costs 400p a piece), only dropped from the Raid with more entry gates available, i.e archwing, which requires 8 players with resources, experience and top notch archwing gear and has a drop rate of 5% last i checked, becomes buyable with measly ducats. :crylaugh:

Some of you, in your greediness, because none of the arcanes are required at all to do anything, are willing to break economy, devalue what lots of people have worked hard for, just so you can have it.

Arcanes are a luxury, not in any way can they be compared to the rewards of Destiny's Raid who were literally the only ways to advance in light (item lv).

i cant but no reson to pay 400+p for one arcane...yes i refer to energize....

On 8/8/2017 at 11:28 AM, ashrah said:

i would bring arcanes to baro...its sick to see how ppl getting rip of 400+ plat for 1 piece

You know what?  You can run those missions 40 times to get that one arcane you can sell for 400p.

Doesn't sound so appealing or expensive now, does it?

On 8/8/2017 at 10:54 AM, (Xbox One)D3L7A Z7R1K3 said:

Okay so after helping my new friends that have begun they're warframe journey 2 out of the 7 people asked me 'what is an arcane' and 'what is a trial' long story short they came from destiny after I explained LoR or JV is basically mechanic heavy encounters divided into 3 different missions and they are like 'that sounds annoying with the amount of grinding that is required now' and one of them said something very intriguing as he also came to warframe from the division and mentioned "why not have a weekly objective or extra criteria that will reward a random arcane enhancement if completed on time like the ayatan treasures" and I replied, "that is a good idea and I will see what the forum thinks about that" 

I want to hear feedback if any. Like rivens dominate primed items so the new players feel shunned like they are worthless. Even a veiled melee riven is more expensive than a primed set set(at least on xbox)... Before rivens entered the market, the market was rich and full of interaction and now only the elite like myself and others that have everything warframe has to offer and just grind for the sake of keeping ourselves busy then when can the new players experience arcane enhancments. Like energizing stocking energy. Or grace for those clutch moments. It will drop the price aka tampering with the market values but I call it as leveling the field for one and all. So a weekly objective for 1 random arcane enhancement and people like myself try daily.

It's basic supply and demand.

I, like everyone else, think that DE has made major mistakes with WF.  Of course, WF is wildly popular so they must be doing something right.  One of those things they should always be commended on is the laissez-faire attitude they have with the in game market.

Many people use arcanes to generate plat.  

You can do this is you want.  No one is stopping you.

You're "leveling" the field is nothing more than you just want an easier way to obtain arcanes and/or slashing their prices.

As for the "weekly objective" for the arcane, you already have that option.

BTW, no one needs plat or experience for arcanes.  Just the key and time.

Edited by Troll_Logic

As a vet that has gotten one arcane to rank 3 simply because I just don't run the trials I feel they should stay where they are. 

I keep wondering when posts about new players not having the ability to get end game rewards for a while, as to why a new player would worry about a Riven or as concerning to this post an arcane when they have a rank 6 or whatever rank other than max Serration for example. 

I have seen players that are more focused on getting a god roll Riven and still haven't maxed out the primary damage mod for the weapon they looking for. 

Whats the point of having a god roll riven or a rank 10 arcane when your primary damage mod or even your primary survivablity mods are still not max rank. 

Is it just so you can say you have it? Because I will still out damage or survive longer than them because I have the basic mods all taken care of. Even after you get the basic mods you still have things like the Nightmare mods and the Corrupted Mods.  That is where a new player should invest their time and energy.

Edited by (XB1)SickWicked

Raids already have very little appeal as they are, taking the arcanes out of them may not be the best idea, maybe if we had a quest that ends like "Here's an arcane, if you want more, do the raids, we got raids too btw"

Edited by Rage_Inducer

Leave them where they are. Arcanes are the reward for trials, if you don't like trials don't do them.

DE already made ducats and primes so easy to get with relics they should learn from taht mistake and not apply to everything in game. Some things should take a long time and a lot of work to get to give players something to achieve. Arcanes are just fine where they are.

In this thread: please make high level content accessible to low level players.

How about no?

There needs to be a sense of progression in this game. Rivens and arcanes aren't meant to be accessible to new players because they aren't ready for them yet.

That's like saying super Mario needs to make it so people can skip the first 50 levels and go straight to the end. 

No. 

Grind them out like the rest of us.

Fortune plays no part in making plat or having experience. People farm things to make plat and spend time playing to get experience. It's that simple 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-