Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes available to the people not so fortunate with plat or experience.

(XBOX)D3L7A Z7R1K3

16 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:
  • Armour
    • Yes, having 4 CP's is a nice thing. However, not every match you play is an organised squad to do a long mission. Sometimes, just bringing her to hydron when you know randoms won't run that makes things just that much easier. Not every power needs to be applicable in all scenarios
  • Insane Damage
    • Pretty much any projectile weapon is good with it. And in organised squads designed to take advantage of magnetise that will stay in a small area work wonders. And after this much time, yeah, I like to create synergestic squads and try S#&$ out. Not much else to do, really.
  • Congrats on having arcanes. Me too. 
  • Like I said, it can use almost any projectile weapon to perform admirably.
  • She was TOO amazing. Being able to nuke corpus for essentially forever is too much. Something had to be done. You have to be able to admit that.
  • Congrats on using mag more than me (and if you have arcane helms, having an acct on this platform for longer than me too). Hope that makes you feel fuzzy inside.
  • Yes, I agree. Some arcanes are straight drop table dillution. Totally agree. But that doesn't mean that they should be buffed to be as good as the really good rares. Things that activate on parry, or wall latch, etc should honestly just be replaced. There are places for things like the status resistance ones (eg I run resistance on my nezha to avoid electric procs in JV, since I essentially always bring nezha). I am simply saying your suggestions for buffs/changes make the common arcanes "too" good. 
  • Yeah... I have every idea what I'm talking about. My pleasure :)

1) Requires a non hitscan weapon. This means the ability requires specific gear to actually function decently.

2) Small area squads is such a waste of time. The last time this was applicable was T4 Void with Gmag.

3) All resistance arcanes are useless besides nullifier for speedrunning when there are laser grineer doors.

Mag is completely trash aside from small maps like hydron or requiring a certain gear to be decent. Atleast Zephyr Hydroid Limbo and Oberon can give team buffs or be useful in larger maps. LoS nerfs and others have made Mag in a horrible state.

I am still baffled you are telling me how to mag and how OP GG she is when I still have 300% more kills than yours ....

Also This:

9 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

besides, when it comes to armour stripping in solo/non-4CP modes, there are loads better options than mag. In fact, she is one of the worst options available when it comes to armour stripping in the game as her ability doesn't scale with enemy level

Edited by --Q--Voltage

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Things you can solo in this game with large rewards; Kuva missions, quests (admittedly, most are required to be solo'd) Sorties, and just about any other content that's considered end game.

Hek, you can even try and solo LoR if you can get the 4 other people to drop once it's started.

But no, we can't have a solo mode for what is considered "top tier" end game content because some how them being able to enjoy a portion of the game is...devaluing your efforts?

I'm very hesitant to flood the game with easy solutions or adjustments to make things easier. .same goes for features in game. That's where my own personal convictions lie. .I worry the more we make everything easy in the game and accessible the more it's expected and it deteriorates the significance of what things are worth. .so yeah, devaluing efforts could be on track. .not just in terms of platinum, more in terms of the way the game feels. .but I come from old school days of Diablo 2 and grinding for hours and hours and hours for what I really wanted. .just a different generation of gamer now too, but I would at least like some things in Warframe to be hard to reach and offering a challenge. .especially something like Arcane Energize because it's a huge power player on the board. .

Edited by komoriblues

Just now, komoriblues said:

I'm very hesitant to flood the game with easy solutions or adjustments to make things easier. .same goes for features in game. That's where my own personal convictions lie. .I worry the more we make everything easy in the game and accessible the more it's expected and it deteriorates the significance of what things are worth. .so yeah, devaluing efforts could be on track. .not just in terms of platinum, more in terms of the way the game feels. .but I come from old school days of Diablo 2 and grinding for hours and hours and hours for what I really wanted. .just a different generation of gamer now too, but I would at least like some things in Warframe to be hard to reach and offering a challenge. .especially something like Arcane Energy because it's a huge power player on the board

I think there's some kind of disconnect going on between us.

I am in no way suggesting there be an easier route to obtaining end game items.  I fully acknowledge and support the idea that they require effort, time and dedication.  My suggestion to TrickShots situation was simply add a solo only mode that ties into the existing system, both thematically and mechanically.

The challenge is still there, they would still have to complete 3 missions like a full team would, and they would still have to put forth effort into the Warframe, mods and gear they take along.  It shouldn't be a walk in the park, in any sense, but they should at least be given the chance to partake in the content in some manner or other.

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I think there's some kind of disconnect going on between us.

I am in no way suggesting there be an easier route to obtaining end game items.  I fully acknowledge and support the idea that they require effort, time and dedication.  My suggestion to TrickShots situation was simply add a solo only mode that ties into the existing system, both thematically and mechanically.

The challenge is still there, they would still have to complete 3 missions like a full team would, and they would still have to put forth effort into the Warframe, mods and gear they take along.  It shouldn't be a walk in the park, in any sense, but they should at least be given the chance to partake in the content in some manner or other.

I could support solo rewards. .just not solo rewards that are the same as raid rewards! Otherwise we're blurring two approaches to reach the same result and players will mostly likely take the road most easily traveled in earning them which adds to even more dead space in the game which is not a good thing in my opinion. .

Edited by komoriblues

Just now, komoriblues said:

I could support solo rewards. .just not solo rewards that are the same as raid rewards! Otherwise we're blurring two approaches to reach the same results and players will mostly likely take the road most  easily traveled in earning them which adds to even more dead space in the game. .

So, what kind of rewards would you suggest for a solo raid mission?  It's rather pointless to add it if they can't get the Arcanes, those aren't available anywhere else in game and is the only reason people run the Raids in the first place.

Take away the Arcane, take away the primary reason to do the mission.

20 minutes ago, komoriblues said:

get a better connection for crying out loud! !

Right, I should just literally uproot my entire life to move somewhere else so I can get a better connection for a video game? I'm sorry, but this logic both astounds me and insults my intelligence as a human being. 

You do know that ALL I was asking for, quite literally, was to remove the multiplayer restrictions from Raids, correct? I was not asking for a new gamemode, I was not asking for the raids to be altered in ANY way except letting it be done solo. That's it. Nothing else. Hell, if anything that would require MORE skill and effort on a solo player's part than it would a whole group. We wouldn't have anyone to fall back on.

Wanna know why I can't Raid? Because I live in a part of the United States where my community is literally too poor to pave the roads I live on, which means that I can't have any form of cable connection at all. The only type of connections available to me, including for television, are satellite-based. Like for your cell phone, but worse.

Now, that doesn't sound SO bad, right? Phones get amazing internet now, enough for some people to actually play the game with hotspots (there's someone in my clan who does that, actually). The thing is - I need a signal booster to even send a text message from my home. Forget running an online game when I can't even check my email. So I can't "just get a better connection". Moreover, there are probably thousands of players who feel similarly to how I do, and this would be an incredible QoL change on the behalf of literally every person who is in a similar position to me.

I've also got a question: Why would you be against it? How does removing the player minimum affect you AT ALL? How does my ability to solo a Raid that's exactly the same as the one you group for affect you? The answer may surprise you:

Spoiler

It doesn't. 

If nothing else, it improves QoL for solo players, as well as opens up the world of raiding for more than just people with good internet connections. There's literally zero reason not to, particularly since no other changes need to be made, to my knowledge. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

My apologies, I got carried away.

Nah, it's good. It's not a bad idea, either. Real hard content for solo players is pretty solid. Been solo-ing sorties since like MR7, so it'd be a nice change of pace. 

That's just not specifically what I was asking. Solo-specific raids would be an idea for another thread IMO, since it'd be something to discuss by itself instead of just piggybacking off of this one. 

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Nah, it's good. It's not a bad idea, either. Real hard content for solo players is pretty solid. Been solo-ing sorties since like MR7, so it'd be a nice change of pace. 

That's just not specifically what I was asking. Solo-specific raids would be an idea for another thread IMO, since it'd be something to discuss by itself instead of just piggybacking off of this one. 

Yeah, IDK.  My topics never end well, if anyone participates in them.  Someone will pick up the idea.

I totally agree with TrickshotMcGee, making the raids solo-able would not have any negative impact on the game IMO. And depending on how they change the mechanics/puzzles, it would probably end up being more challenging. Even though I think the only useful arcane is victory, I'm 100% behind the idea because I'd welcome the challenge.

And also because nothing beats the smooth frame rates and the ability to pause the game in solo mode.

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

1) Requires a non hitscan weapon. This means the ability requires specific gear to actually function decently.

2) Small area squads is such a waste of time. The last time this was applicable was T4 Void with Gmag.

3) All resistance arcanes are useless besides nullifier for speedrunning when there are laser grineer doors.

Mag is completely trash aside from small maps like hydron or requiring a certain gear to be decent. Atleast Zephyr Hydroid Limbo and Oberon can give team buffs or be useful in larger maps. LoS nerfs and others have made Mag in a horrible state.

I am still baffled you are telling me how to mag and how OP GG she is when I still have 300% more kills than yours ....

Also This:

besides, when it comes to armour stripping in solo/non-4CP modes, there are loads better options than mag. In fact, she is one of the worst options available when it comes to armour stripping in the game as her ability doesn't scale with enemy level

1. And? It's not as if that's SO restricting, there's hundreds of non hit-scan weapons. Just because it doesn't synergize with EVERYTHING doesn't make it bad.
  2. A waste of time for you. Me and my friends have had plenty of fun and success doing so. Plus it encourages ppl to actually stay in one room (regardless of the size) in survivals so they don't split spawns/resources, which is always nice.
  3. Good thing speedrunning isn't the only thing that exists in warframe?
  • Again, with the "complete trash". Just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it trash. She has use and effectiveness in almost any mission, on any map size. And me and many others have used her in such capacities.
  • Experience != intelligence. You may have both used her more in a pre-rework state, and with a less effective build or strategy. More time spent doing something ineffective doesn't make you in any way more qualified to state your opinion.
  • Yes, it doesn't scale for armour stripping. But I really only use that in that one situation I mentioned earlier for the purpose of stripping armour. The main attraction is with pull and magnetize. Although, I have to say, polarize did quite a bit of damage up to an hour or so into Ophelia with only 2 CPs the last time I did that, so it's still not bad. Just gotta know what it's limits are. I think if it fully stripped and scaled forever, she'd be a bit too powerful, considering how much of the map can be covered by polarize.

If raids are be able to done solo then that defeats the purpose of working as a team together to do the raid, and if they make an easier raid with the same rewards as the "harder" version then it wouldn't make much sense to do the "harder" raid at all. 

As a person who is new (~400h in) an playing a lot of warframes with toggle quite regularely (ember, ivara, nyx, excal), I don't think that those artifacts are that mandatory.

The corrupted efficiency mod, zenurik and for solo sometimes energy siphon do the job well enough. So they should focus on the gold mods, the corrupted mods, formaed weapons and how to mod properly.

Just forget about artifacts and rivens until you have your bases covered.

15 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I've also got a question: Why would you be against it? How does removing the player minimum affect you AT ALL? How does my ability to solo a Raid that's exactly the same as the one you group for affect you? The answer may surprise you:

Reveal hidden contents

It doesn't. 

If nothing else, it improves QoL for solo players, as well as opens up the world of raiding for more than just people with good internet connections. There's literally zero reason not to, particularly since no other changes need to be made, to my knowledge. 

Let's be realistic here : @MagPrime is right in saying that there has to be a raid mission specifically made for "solo only" if we want to play around with the idea of solo raids.

The raids were specifically designed for teamplay and is the only way to do them. The difficulty in the raids right now is team coordination. It's not difficult to get on a pad but to stay on it while all your mates do their own stuff. How do you propose to stand in 3 pads contemporaly and lead the tram? Or the puzzle room? Just dumbed down to one player who enters, hacks and jump on the right pad and it's done? Wouldn't be that a bit too easy? Or JV, how do you push the spore outside and solve the puzzles in the inside (designed for 2 or 3 ppl) at the same time? You can't just make these raids avaible for solo like that.

So your answer of you own question is right : It wouldn't affect us in any way. They can remove the player minimum tomorrow just like that, but as the raids are now you wouldn't be able to make it to the end unless you find a way to glitch the s... out of it wich would be pretty much cheating at that point. So it would be totally pointless...

Edited by Nirrel

16 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Right, I should just literally uproot my entire life to move somewhere else so I can get a better connection for a video game? I'm sorry, but this logic both astounds me and insults my intelligence as a human being. 

You do know that ALL I was asking for, quite literally, was to remove the multiplayer restrictions from Raids, correct? I was not asking for a new gamemode, I was not asking for the raids to be altered in ANY way except letting it be done solo. That's it. Nothing else. Hell, if anything that would require MORE skill and effort on a solo player's part than it would a whole group. We wouldn't have anyone to fall back on.

Wanna know why I can't Raid? Because I live in a part of the United States where my community is literally too poor to pave the roads I live on, which means that I can't have any form of cable connection at all. The only type of connections available to me, including for television, are satellite-based. Like for your cell phone, but worse.

Now, that doesn't sound SO bad, right? Phones get amazing internet now, enough for some people to actually play the game with hotspots (there's someone in my clan who does that, actually). The thing is - I need a signal booster to even send a text message from my home. Forget running an online game when I can't even check my email. So I can't "just get a better connection". Moreover, there are probably thousands of players who feel similarly to how I do, and this would be an incredible QoL change on the behalf of literally every person who is in a similar position to me.

Reveal hidden contents

It doesn't. 

I kind of already mentioned it in an earlier part of the thread, but my concerns are that creating mission modes that are alternatives to the means of earning a reward will mean players take the easiest path into earning them. For example, if the solo mission is easier than the raid it could potentially kill off the raids and create a dead zone in the game. So that would affect the players. .it also opens the door to more exceptions having to be made in the game for similar formatting. .

People would expect more weight in rewards playing solo, which could then isolate the play experience more. .I just don't think it's as easy or practical as some would hope for. .as far as your connection goes, that sucks..still don't think you should have access to Arcane Energize playing solo as it's set to be a raid reward. 

It's a difference in philosophy, I just really don't think the game should keep getting adjusted into features and modes to make things easier for a niche group of needs. .Arcanes need to remain exclusive to raiding. Otherwise raiding loses its hype. I don't even like raiding, but I see its place. Honestly, I just traded for the Arcanes I wanted. .wasn't skin off my back

Edited by komoriblues

On 8/16/2017 at 1:16 PM, Nullias said:

Arcane Energize is one of the best and most useful Arcane in this game, so it deserved to be expensive. If you want it aswell I suggest you to do JV everyday if you want it. I don't force you, but it you want Arcanes you must think of Warframes, Archwing(JV), Weapons, Mods, Sentinel or Companions before you go to the JV or even LoR. You must Forma them and farm endo in order to increase mod's stats.

Get Stronger!

i could have it long ago if i wish... trough trade...but i still think its over priced

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

i could have it long ago if i wish... trough trade...but i still think its over priced

doesn't matter what you think of the price. the truth of it is if more people did JV, energize would be cheaper. 

you are one more person who doesn't do JV. So you are one of the reasons energize is the price it is.

56 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

doesn't matter what you think of the price. the truth of it is if more people did JV, energize would be cheaper. 

you are one more person who doesn't do JV. So you are one of the reasons energize is the price it is.

its matter cz ppl work to buy plat..and u dont need arcanes at all

40 minutes ago, ashrah said:

If you only buy plat and complain in game items are expensive, that is kind of ironic since you can trade. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it has to become cheaper. 

Energize is expensive because literally no one plays JV regularly. DE has the charts of player missions and Trials are about the same as conclave and there are 3 different trials.

Arcanes are not a necessity, but neither are rivens. People want them. It is simple supply and demand.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 hours ago, ashrah said:

You actually stumbled on the point.

Getting the arcanes take work.  Now, you can either put in the time out of Warframe and buy the plat or you can do JV and collect them yourself.

Personally, I have NO problem buying arcanes.  I'm not doing those missions.  People do those missions to generate plat.  Good for them & I'm happy to buy from them.

18 hours ago, ashrah said:

Doesn't matter if you personally think it's overpriced, the market dictates its value. That's what bothers me, people are trying to influence the established value of something dictated by the market because in their opinion it's not right. .Arcanes feel right to me. .it's more or less one of the final pieces many of us accentuate our frames with, one more flair item to peak above the rest and it should be that way! It's been said over and over again, but the countless forums that are about displeasure in not having something and how the game shouldn't be the way it is for a reward are entitlement threads. Plain and simple, it's a group of players who feel they shouldn't have to put in as much time for the reward, or can't put the time in, it's too tedious.

None of these are solid complaints beyond arguing for a preference. I think the game is better off having a grind in front of it for a reward. It distinguishes players from one another, sets a goal to play towards and reflects commitment. These are not vices in a game like Warframe and I'd argue they need to be present in the game. It's a large part of what motivates gameplay. If we continue trivializing every feature and reward in this game there will be no sense of contrast between players. 

It seems there is a growing amount of new comers who want something for nothing. Although I can understand it, I don't agree with it. A lot of the game has already been adjusted to support this audiences need for simplicity throughout the game, but I for one argue that it hasn't improved the quality of gameplay in Warframe 

Edited by komoriblues

Devstream 97, which just concluded, contained the reveal of a "rework of the Arcane system". The new "gems" will be available from more sources than just trials, and can be equipped in "more things than they are now". They are tied into a Plains of Eidolon mining system, with refinement tiers, and will provide Arcane-esque benefits. They can be used in the modular melee system coming with POE, and will augment the resulting weapon's appearance in addition to their benefits. The old Arcanes will remain. It is unclear by Scott's and Steve's phrasing whether the old Arcanes will be obtainable via this method, or whether the two systems will coexist. The system is still in early development, so take everything with a grain of salt.

So there ya go, OP.

Are you serious? Bring them to baro? make them easier to get? Im triggered.

People have NO IDEA HOW MUCH TIME AND EFFORT WE SPENT ON GETTING THEESE. 

But yea put them to baro so you can have your arcanes with 0 effort and people who actually play the game gets middle finger to their face! 

YEARS of doing raids EVERYDAY : http://imgur.com/a/sxctb

And now those smart people come here and be like " WE WANT BUT WE TOO LAZY TO PLAY TEH GAME PLEZ GIB FOR FREE "

Edited by Tacritan