The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self reviving isn't good

KIREEK

On 8/28/2017 at 11:21 AM, Yargami said:

Yes, being annoying is a penalty. But what I'm saying is that if the it doesn't change the player's gameplay then obviously it isn't actually working as a penalty. If bleedout is supposed to be a penalty and make players re-think they're style, then when a player runs off solo and goes down, it should cause them to change they're gameplay, right? I have never seen that happen. When a player runs off solo and goes down, even if they have to sit through the entire 15 second timer because they were too far away to revive in time, they just revive and run off solo again. You can't list something as the now removed penalty if it never worked as a penalty in the first place. If you were saying that there needs to be more penalty than that, then I could see the validity (although whether I would agree with it depends on what you were suggesting as a greater penalty). But you're just saying that this ruins an already useless penalty.

No matter how much team play you try to encourage there will always be people that run off solo and start objectives early. I can see where in theory this change would make that worse, but in practice I'm not seeing that in game. What I'm seeing is that those people that already ran off solo before self-revives still run off solo. Most of the people that don't run off still wait for revives from other players. Basically, from what I've seen, there has not been an increase of those players that run off solo. Likewise, I think there have been at most twenty times since self-revives launched almost a month ago that I've gone to revive someone and they've self-revived even though I could have easily revived them. That's an average of less than one a day, and I do on average probably around two-three revives per mission. I don't have stats on how many missions I've done since August 4, but it's a lot.
   Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more team play. What I'm saying is that the self-revive doesn't seem to be making it any worse. It might not be making it better (as I said earlier, I'm kind of indifferent to self-revives), but it isn't making it noticeably worse either.

Both of your points are moot because you are referencing only the people that DO this rather than the people that don't. You are saying that people run off despite the penaltty. You are wrong. 100% of people don't run off. So the penalty might be discouraging some people - but not all. Removing the penalty will increase the number of people that run off or blow into spy vaults or start rescues early and yes, i am seeing alot more of it now.

In addition i'm seeing alot more people use it, which means i stop to go revive them and they just instant-revive, which is starting to make players like me stop even trying to revive teammates because half the time it is a waste to even head in their direction, which will just cause more people to instant revive and so on.

My point was not that 100% of people run off. My point was that I have never seen the timer actually change someone's playstyle. And as far as looking at the people who don't run off, I was ignoring them because there is no way to tell which ones are afraid of a 15 second timer, which ones are new and aren't sure how everything works, and which ones actually want to play at a slower pace. Therefore they are an unreliable base on which to form a point (unless you want to stop and ask every single person that plays Warframe at a slower pace why they are doing it, in which case you better get busy asking people).

Edited by Yargami

I speak for myself, but everytime i die or something doesn't go right, i learn from the mistake and i'm sure there are similar players outthere, who keep improving even in defeat.

Just because it seems like someone isn't learning, it doesn't mean everyone is like that and that a change in the revival mechanics should change, the game has introduced many casual adaptations to the game and the self reviving is one of them.

i think they need to just fix the revive alone , like if you are reviving a squadmate and THE ENEMIES start piling on you both so you both take damage , theres got to be a hotfix or atleast when you are reviving someone your invulnurable until you are finished . 

but thats my humble opinion ,.

Self revive like it is now (without the entire team down) should have more severe repercussions, like being revived by Polluted Waters. More than half the players that go down on non-endless just self-revive, because why even bother when you have 4 revives at your disposal for a mission that takes 3-8 minutes max?

Oberon's bleedout extension is worthless now, not to mention bleedout mods (not that they were used in the first place but this only makes it worse). Revive charges from Mending Tides go almost always unused, except for when the charge-holder purposefully stays in bleedout to get revived and use a charge.

Even with a limited number of revives this mechanic seems way too powerful. Might as well quintuple EHP and do away with bleedout all together.