Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple immersion-breaking bugs in The War Within

Jukantos

Hey guys, i wanted to take the minute to report multiple issues with The War Within that have apparently gone missed. They started showing up about two months ago and they're rather immersion breaking during the The War Within quest.

0) (sorta, i THINK this is a bug but it may be by design). When escaping the "Orbiter" and "purge precept ordis", right at the end when reaching your nav console regular ordis pops in with a message, shouting "cut the link, cut the link!". This was not in the quest in its original state and is actually quite a significant spoiler. I personally had not realized everything was going down in my head at that point and i only realized what was going down once teshin told me i was "stuck inside this place with the queens burrowing in". I dont know if that shout is ment happen there but i think the quest was better without it.

Now on to the definitely real bugs:

1) The first golden maw disappears: Getting caught by the very first golden maw after falling into the abyss below the ayatan sculpture completely deletes said golden maw. You can stand on the bone area indefinitely afterwards and while it does play the heartbeat sound, there's no golden maw around to get you. Kinda bad if you're trying to show people how its mechanics work

2) Void-Dashing causes a whole host of problems. If you re-dash while you're in the air from a previous dash, you can get stuck on stalagtites completely, you can get pinned to a wall and most importantly, your character breaks animationwise, either freezing in whatever stance he was hovering mid-air when you triggered the 2nd dash, OR straightup doing the default holding position the warframes do in the dev build demo rooms. Which causes you to slide around the level with 0 animation. Not very immersive.

Timestamp: at exactly 44 minutes

3) When you have regained your transference power and knocked out the golden maw, there's two minor issues: If you try to run past him to the point where you need to burrow as him, you can phase into the wall and get stuck. Also, if you're near that back end, you can no longer use transference on the maw, even if you go back towards the front. You have to allow it to wake up and swallow you, otherwise you cant take control of it.

I've seen at the very least the bug 1) consistently reproduced for myself, a friend of mine and a streamer who recently did the quest. The other two are rarer and less consistent to trigger (in particular managing to get stuck on something while void dashing from mid air after a void dash is not something people instinctively do to skip the stealth sneaking part). But i'd still like to report them all and see them all fixed. The quest deserves more immersion than it currently delivers.

Thank you for your time :) My quest to deliver this bug report is done!

Jukantos

Edited by Jukantos

NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN A GAME THAT DOEN'T WORK!!!! I can CTRL-SPACE in my warframe all day and dash anywhere I want... But when I need to dash as operator, I switch to void and nothing and pops out of void or it shifts into void and jumps after popping out of void, but it never shifts to void and dashes! I'm so fustrated at this quest since I can progress forward or get out of this I'm about ready to just find a different game to waste my time and money on.