Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Why does noone play Lunaro?

NebbyOtt

Question

I'm gonna start off by saying I HATE 2 things: Sports, and Conclave.

Even in video games. Sports are not fun to me. So when i say: "Lunaro is fun", It MEANS something. It, REALLY means something.

Why does NOONE play Lunaro on public? Why is it that of all the times i've tried public, i've only gotten ONE other player, and he forfeit, seconds before halftime.

I would love to just get together with that one clanny and 1v1 him but i get 0 XP out of Invite Only! (Fix that please. that is infuriating. All the work for 0 the reward)

Not only is it boring, BUT I DON'T GET ANY CONCLAVE REWARD. I want that Syandana!!!

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Even you yourself hate sports and pvp and you wonder why no one plays it in WF. Like. Seriously.

14 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

So when i say: "Lunaro is fun", It MEANS something. It, REALLY means something.

I didn't think i would like it, obviously, but i did. It's really fun, blahblahblah.

Tempo, your argument would be perfectly valid if there were like 50-100 people playing, but there are over 30 million registered Tenno. And NOT A SINGLE ONE uses Lunaro Public, You know the expression put 10 monkeys in a room with 10 type writers for a long enough period of time and they'll wright shakespear? What is the realistic probability that not a single one of those people will not be playing this gamemode on public at any given time... let alone all the time. Seriously someone who knows how to do the math do it and respond!

No one likes Lunaro or conclave. It's that simple. Cause it's actually atrocious. Vocal minority whined to get the pvp, minority plays it. 

There was no problem whatsoever finding matches during conclave based event regardless of region, ping or time of day because people actually played it, even if "played" isn't quite the term since most had quite awful kd and were basically just feeding non stop so as soon as they got rewards they stopped playing. So if you want to find a public match now you have to set your ping limit higher and play in the peak hours for x region.

Edited by -Temp0-

33 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

I'm gonna start off by saying I HATE 2 things: Sports, and Conclave.

Even in video games. Sports are not fun to me. So when i say: "Lunaro is fun", It MEANS something. It, REALLY means something.

Why does NOONE play Lunaro on public? Why is it that of all the times i've tried public, i've only gotten ONE other player, and he forfeit, seconds before halftime.

To be fair, I think Lunaro is fun, the issue comes with how some "tricks" can only be performed under very specific circumstances (such as having certain fps) and how lag can make some annoying movements in the match, such as picking up the ball, seeijg the crosshairs change and half a second later the ball is being carried by someone else. At least that's part of my experience with Lunaro.

33 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

I would love to just get together with that one clanny and 1v1 him but i get 0 XP out of Invite Only! (Fix that please. that is infuriating. All the work for 0 the reward)

That's intended, conclave doesn't give reputation for playing on any private lobby for obvious reasons.

6 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

No one likes Lunaro or conclave. It's that simple. Cause it's actually atrocious. Vocal minority whined to get the pvp, minority plays it. 

There was no problem whatsoever finding matches during conclave based event regardless of region, ping or time of day because people actually played it, even if "played" isn't quite the term since most had quite awful kd and were basically just feeding non stop so as soon as they got rewards they stopped playing. So if you want to find a public match now you have to set your ping limit higher and play in the peak hours for x region.

I hate conclave and everything it stands for. That said.. other than the tryhard tricksters that deliberately try to play a full team game of lunaro solo, lunaro's pretty fun

I think they'd need to increase Lunaro's presence and launch dedicated servers for it, before it gets serious attention by the player base outside events.

I mean, probably half the reason sports is so popular in the real world is because all the fuss made about it, special tournaments set up for it, dedicated teams, publicity and posters and all sorts of crap celebrating teams and such.

If there were dedicated servers, there might be dedicated teams, and if they built a hub like a relay for spectators in a stadium-like environment, easily accessible with directions to it and everything, people might show up to watch some pro teams blast around.  More attention will lead to more fuss made about it, people might make posters and propaganda and tournaments and prizes might be thrown together, maybe customizable syandanas for team uniforms?  I dunno.

lunaro is nice but people have grinding to do and what not and the gamemode gets boring after the player has played it a lot. what I hope for are more gamemodes but rather more simple and maybe for actual pvp conclave i feel like isn't very fun considering the fact people jump wall grab wall dash like crazy and when you actually do hit the person example with a bow if you don't land a headshot they don't die last time i tried it getting a little side tracked on the topic just giving my input on conclave related stuff including lunaro.

I sometimes feel like I am the voice of Lunaro iteself on these forums... I have started many topics before. But more replies won't hurt, right?

First of all, a lot of people just hear that Lunaro is bad or it is just like annihilation, so for them it is just bad without even knowing it or having played it even once. And another problem are these misconceptions about Lunaro. People think it is just like the other conclave modes or it is extremely unbalanced and that you only have to go up against experienced players. That is plain nonsense. If you are new to conclave, your rank does not allow you to play against the higher ranks (which you can do if you want, just uncheck the box with "recruiting condition"). If people did play conclave before and are conclave rank 3 or higher or did cheese Lunaro or the other modes, they simply CAN'T complain about playing against or with experienced players, because it's their own fault by leveling up, no matter if it's legittimately or by egtting everything spoonfed to them.

16 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

To be fair, I think Lunaro is fun, the issue comes with how some "tricks" can only be performed under very specific circumstances (such as having certain fps)

There we go again. This thing pops up so much and I really don't get why. I myself play Lunaro for almost a year now and I do play it consistently and I have NO idea what you are talking about.
I know about the problem with people abusing a bug, which allows you to do certain things without counterplay, but those will get fixed in the near future. I am talking with the responsible person to give them the information they need, so get that out of your mind as quickly as possible.

13 hours ago, Meneliki said:

The idea of Lunaro is really good and it *can* be fun, but 9 games outta 10 are mindless, skill-less check-fests.

This is sadly what people think Lunaro is. They have absolutely no idea what Lunaro is about and they don't even care to look at the obvious practice mode, which explains how it works. People go in there without even knowing the basic controls or what to do, so all they do is no "get the ball to the opposite side of the field to control it and to score". For them it's "check the enemy team until they can't move, then casually walk up to their goal to throw it in somehow". In my opinion people should get forced to look at everything in the practice mode first.

10 hours ago, blazinvire said:

I think they'd need to increase Lunaro's presence and launch dedicated servers for it, before it gets serious attention by the player base outside events.

I mean, probably half the reason sports is so popular in the real world is because all the fuss made about it, special tournaments set up for it, dedicated teams, publicity and posters and all sorts of crap celebrating teams and such.

If there were dedicated servers, there might be dedicated teams, and if they built a hub like a relay for spectators in a stadium-like environment, easily accessible with directions to it and everything, people might show up to watch some pro teams blast around.  More attention will lead to more fuss made about it, people might make posters and propaganda and tournaments and prizes might be thrown together, maybe customizable syandanas for team uniforms?  I dunno.

This is one of the ideas that came up in the past already. These things sound like a great addition, but will most likely require some time to figure out the best possible system, so it won't lag or do other weird things if spectating is involved.

9 hours ago, Myscho said:

Because Host 2 win

Another one of these substanceless comments no one asked for.
Just so you (and everyone else) know. The clients actually have a huge advantage, which the host does NOT have. So don't even start with something you know nothing about.

5 hours ago, Naftal said:

Lunaro gameplay is too far from Warframe gameplay, which is the reason I play the game.

If it had regular Warframe movement system and stats, I'd play it.

It is not far at all. You can perform EVERY SINGLE action you can perform outside of Lunaro, you just can't bullet jump WITH the ball in your hand, which is no issue at all andit balances the mode really well.
About "regular Warframe movement". Just no. If you had movement stats like outside of Lunaro, you would only see Lokis or Titanias running around, blasting their way through the field. It would be completely unbalanced AND everyone who does not play these warframes would have a serious disadvantage.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Funki0

Just now, Funki0 said:

It is not far at all. You can perform EVERY SINGLE action you can perform outside of Lunaro, you just can't bullet jump WITH the ball in your hand, which is no issue at all andit balances the mode really well.
About "regular Warframe movement". Just no. If you had movement stats like outside of Lunaro, you would only see Lokis or Titanias running around, blasting their way through the field. It would be completely unbalanced AND everyone who does not play these warframes would have a serious disadvantage.

Thank you for your attention.

It is far as hell. Sliding has no momentum for example.

You could normalize the movement stats so everyone have 1.0 sprint speed and regular bullet jump and sliding stats. Basically everyone would be Excal statwise.

They could even keep the slow mode if some people want that. Still, pvp (and lunaro) without any mobility nerfs should exist.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

It is far as hell. Sliding has no momentum for example.

You could normalize the movement stats so everyone have 1.0 sprint speed and regular bullet jump and sliding stats. Basically everyone would be Excal statwise.

They could even keep the slow mode if some people want that. Still, pvp (and lunaro) without any mobility nerfs should exist.

I hope you know that everyone IS already normalized on the same level. And if you aren't moving in a really bad way, but move in an efficient way, you are REALLY fast.
I have played a ton of Lunaro and you either trust me on that or you can message me and I will show you personally. I just want you to understand that in Lunaro EVERYONE has the same stats and everyone can do the same things. Some things just need more practice than others.
Even proper movement needs practice. I have a whole topic on conclave PhP, you can check it out if you want.

Just now, Funki0 said:

I hope you know that everyone IS already normalized on the same level. And if you aren't moving in a really bad way, but move in an efficient way, you are REALLY fast.
I have played a ton of Lunaro and you either trust me on that or you can message me and I will show you personally. I just want you to understand that in Lunaro EVERYONE has the same stats and everyone can do the same things. Some things just need more practice than others.
Even proper movement needs practice. I have a whole topic on conclave PhP, you can check it out if you want.

Everyone are normalized below the normal Warframe level. I don't want that. I want the normal Warframe level.

I don't get why that's always so hard for everyone to understand.

Everyone are normalized below the normal Warframe level. I don't want that. I want the normal Warframe level.

I don't get why that's always so hard for everyone to understand.

I will repeat it and clarify if you still refuse to see it. People are on the SAME LEVEL OF MOVEMENT. And it is pretty close to 1.0, if not exactly 1.0. If you don't see that, you haven't tested it enough. That is all I can say. But you shouldn't say you are slow. I could outrun people with Lunaro stats while other people are using higher stats for sure. I just know how to move efficiently.

1 minute ago, Scharfohr said:

tried it when it came out, got a laggy as hell game, never bothered to try again.

And that is one of many mistakes people make. They get into ONE bad match and never bother again.

I play Lunaro daily for example. I usually get a good connection and  matches are pretty smooth. You should give it another try.
People shouldn't be like "there aren't enough explosions, this game sucks" after the first mission, right? So try to play more than one single match.

Just now, Funki0 said:

I will repeat it and clarify if you still refuse to see it. People are on the SAME LEVEL OF MOVEMENT. And it is pretty close to 1.0, if not exactly 1.0. If you don't see that, you haven't tested it enough. That is all I can say. But you shouldn't say you are slow. I could outrun people with Lunaro stats while other people are using higher stats for sure. I just know how to move efficiently.

I will repeat as well. I'M NOT LOOKING JUST FOR THE SAME LEVEL OF MOVEMENT BETWEEN PLAYERS. I'M LOOKING FOR NORMAL WARFRAME MOVEMENT STATS THAT IS USED FOR EXAMPLE BY EXCALIBUR IN THE PVE SIDE OF THE GAME.

Sliding is nerfed to S#&$ in both pvp modes.

Is it getting through to you now? Again, not looking for only normalized stats, but also normal stats. It's about how the movement feels and in pvp it feels like being affected by tar pools all the time, because either sliding or friction or both are nerfed.

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I will repeat as well. I'M NOT LOOKING JUST FOR THE SAME LEVEL OF MOVEMENT BETWEEN PLAYERS. I'M LOOKING FOR NORMAL WARFRAME MOVEMENT STATS THAT IS USED FOR EXAMPLE BY EXCALIBUR IN THE PVE SIDE OF THE GAME.

Sliding is nerfed to S#&$ in both pvp modes.

Is it getting through to you now? Again, not looking for only normalized stats, but also normal stats. It's about how the movement feels and in pvp it feels like being affected by tar pools all the time, because either sliding or friction or both are nerfed.

No need to caps at people, keep calm please.
But I will repeat it again, it may have been hard to understand, sure.
Everyone is on the SAME level of movement and that level is ABOUT OR EVEN AT the level of PvE Excalibur. Did you finally listen to my words? I hope so, that's great.

The next step for you would be finally thinking about what you are saying. Lunaro is about you not running off with the Ball, so sprinting is slightly lower and sliding is pretty small. You are probably asking "Why?". It's pretty easy. TO KEEP IT FAIR. I hope you finally understand that optimizing HAS to take place, so not everyone is just flying trough the field.
Lunaro is about responsive gameplay, about fairness and most importantly not about people just taking the ball and avoiding literally everything while flying through the field with the ball in their hand. You either live with it or just stop complaining and don't even bother with it in the first place.

The sliding nerf is there for a reason. I doubt you want people just sliding past you at high speed, scoring every few seconds. Great movement requires a lot of practice. You either practice or you stay on the ground, playing with your "tar movement".

Just now, Funki0 said:

No need to caps at people, keep calm please.
But I will repeat it again, it may have been hard to understand, sure.
Everyone is on the SAME level of movement and that level is ABOUT OR EVEN AT the level of PvE Excalibur. Did you finally listen to my words? I hope so, that's great.

The next step for you would be finally thinking about what you are saying. Lunaro is about you not running off with the Ball, so sprinting is slightly lower and sliding is pretty small. You are probably asking "Why?". It's pretty easy. TO KEEP IT FAIR. I hope you finally understand that optimizing HAS to take place, so not everyone is just flying trough the field.
Lunaro is about responsive gameplay, about fairness and most importantly not about people just taking the ball and avoiding literally everything while flying through the field with the ball in their hand. You either live with it or just stop complaining and don't even bother with it in the first place.

The sliding nerf is there for a reason. I doubt you want people just sliding past you at high speed, scoring every few seconds. Great movement requires a lot of practice. You either practice or you stay on the ground, playing with your "tar movement".

Yeah, and with the nerfed sliding and other stats, the mobility system is not normal.

It's not about not being able to do well. I haven't said this at any point. This is something you've made up.

I play Warframe mainly because of the mobility system which includes stats. Lunaro and other pvp don't have the same stats, thus the mobility system is not the one I enjoy.

Do you undestand now?

Yeah, and with the nerfed sliding and other stats, the mobility system is not normal.

It's not about not being able to do well. I haven't said this at any point. This is something you've made up.

I play Warframe mainly because of the mobility system which includes stats. Lunaro and other pvp don't have the same stats, thus the mobility system is not the one I enjoy.

Do you undestand now?

I haven't made anything up, I just replied to nonsense you said.

You still have normal mobility. Get it already. Sliding is only a part of the whole mobility SYSTEM and do you really rely on sliding THAT much? If yes, you have no reason to be in Lunaro. You don't slide your way to victory. I personally almost never slide in Lunaro and I do extremely well.

But again, you want "Warframe's movement"? There you go, Lunaro has the normal movement. Only certain MINOR parts are a bit slowed down or counterplay wouldn't be given on a normal level.
I hope you are finally capable of understanding what it is all about. If you don't, there is no reason to reply.
People write Lunaro off as being "slow" without even playing it. They say the movement is sooo different... without playing more than one single match.
Those people can just stay out or alternatively finally realize that they shouldn't be allowed to say a single word about Lunaro without having tested it fully.

Just now, Funki0 said:

I haven't made anything up, I just replied to nonsense you said.

You still have normal mobility. Get it already. Sliding is only a part of the whole mobility SYSTEM and do you really rely on sliding THAT much? If yes, you have no reason to be in Lunaro. You don't slide your way to victory. I personally almost never slide in Lunaro and I do extremely well.

But again, you want "Warframe's movement"? There you go, Lunaro has the normal movement. Only certain MINOR parts are a bit slowed down or counterplay wouldn't be given on a normal level.
I hope you are finally capable of understanding what it is all about. If you don't, there is no reason to reply.
People write Lunaro off as being "slow" without even playing it. They say the movement is sooo different... without playing more than one single match.
Those people can just stay out or alternatively finally realize that they shouldn't be allowed to say a single word about Lunaro without having tested it fully.

You're admitting yourself that parts of it are changed. How can you not understand what I'm saying? Something is changed so it's not the normal version anymore.

I don't enjoy the movement system stats in lunaro or pvp. I enjoy the movement system stats in pve, even with slowest frames.

Sliding is part of the movement system. Even if I want to slide once every 10min. I want it to do what it does in the enjoyable part of the game.

You're admitting yourself that parts of it are changed. How can you not understand what I'm saying? Something is changed so it's not the normal version anymore.

I don't enjoy the movement system stats in lunaro or pvp. I enjoy the movement system stats in pve, even with slowest frames.

Sliding is part of the movement system. Even if I want to slide once every 10min. I want it to do what it does in the enjoyable part of the game.

I absolutely don't know what sliding would do for you on a FLAT playing field. It is almost comical, thinking about someone who wants to slide on a flat playing field.

Would you please finally understand that it is LUNARO we are talking about? Not PvE? Your frost is already faster than a standart frost when it comes to movement, the only slower thing is the slide. Something you won't do for more than 0.1sec at a time. You just don't slide in Lunaro. That's the end of that.

Those people are the ones who ruin Lunaro for others. What they basically tell people is "movement in Lunaro sucks, it's a bad gamemode". People believe that of course and so they won't even look into it to discover how much fun it actually is and how many things you can do in there.

Just now, Funki0 said:

I absolutely don't know what sliding would do for you on a FLAT playing field. It is almost comical, thinking about someone who wants to slide on a flat playing field.

Would you please finally understand that it is LUNARO we are talking about? Not PvE? Your frost is already faster than a standart frost when it comes to movement, the only slower thing is the slide. Something you won't do for more than 0.1sec at a time. You just don't slide in Lunaro. That's the end of that.

Those people are the ones who ruin Lunaro for others. What they basically tell people is "movement in Lunaro sucks, it's a bad gamemode". People believe that of course and so they won't even look into it to discover how much fun it actually is and how many things you can do in there.

Why are you still arguing.

My point is that I don't enjoy the mobility system in the pvp modes.

I used to enjoy regular pvp until U18 screwed up the mobility system.

There's no need for you to understand why I want to use whatever move. Only thing you need to understand is that I don't enjoy Lunaro and pvp mobility system.

8 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Why are you still arguing.

My point is that I don't enjoy the mobility system in the pvp modes.

I used to enjoy regular pvp until U18 screwed up the mobility system.

There's no need for you to understand why I want to use whatever move. Only thing you need to understand is that I don't enjoy Lunaro and pvp mobility system.

There is no point in replying here in the first place then.

I am not arguing, I am simply stating how Lunaro is.

You shouldn't even bother with Lunaro anymore if you don't enjoy it. Farewell and good luck in PvE.