Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls let us queue Orokin Lab research

Oranji

@topic 
Any chance for the newer clans to complete the research on the Orokin Lab without waiting for the next clan update or Dark Sectors to be back?
With new weapons being added to the dojo labs, most clans will soon reach rank 10. Except ofc the newer ones that weren't able to participate back then.
That's like a total of 17,000 clan mastery points that we're missing out. 

Please consider this small request.
Thank you.

Spoiler

L87IWCy.jpg

Spoiler

4EeAfmk.jpg

wow. didn't even know that was a thing. yeah they should just pull them out until they plan on doing something with it.  I knew they were working on a little something with them but obviously switched focus to Plains (would you really blame them? Plains is much more exciting) 

so they'll have to work it into the next big project thing.

You can still research the keys.  The rest isn't all that many points to lose out on.  And I don't know all that much about the clan systems in general, but I was under the impression that Clan Rank in this sense is pretty much like Microsoft Points - it's a number that you can make get bigger, and it basically does nothing.

I wouldn't expect them to pull it out though, to be honest.  Just chalk this up as another thing like Excalibur Prime:  Some people have it, and you don't, and that really isn't going to change.  And ultimately, it changes nothing.  People who have Excalibur Prime are a few thousand MR ahead of people who don't - IF they kept playing, if they got every other single weapon, and if they made any real effort to keep maxing out MR.  Otherwise, all they had to do was miss out on a couple of events that non Founders *did* participate in, for weapons that haven't been brought back yet, and they're right back with everyone else.  If some clans have more Clan Mastery... so what?  As more weapons get added, more clan projects get added.  Everyone will get to that rank eventually, and meanwhile the XP needed for each new level grows so much that it's really not going to make any difference.

15 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

You can still research the keys.  The rest isn't all that many points to lose out on.  And I don't know all that much about the clan systems in general, but I was under the impression that Clan Rank in this sense is pretty much like Microsoft Points - it's a number that you can make get bigger, and it basically does nothing.

Except that everyone in the clan is awarded thousands of Endo for ranking. =w="
Sooooort of an important thing, to be honest, and the current system of 17k locked out Mastery Points DOES punish newer clans, and reward the old. Not so much so that it's not worth building a new clan, but enough to greatly annoy the folks who were "just barely too late" to get that standing when it existed, and before anyone knew Clan Standing would be a thing.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

You can still research the keys.  The rest isn't all that many points to lose out on And I don't know all that much about the clan systems in general, but I was under the impression that Clan Rank in this sense is pretty much like Microsoft Points - it's a number that you can make get bigger, and it basically does nothing.

If some clans have more Clan Mastery... so what?  As more weapons get added, more clan projects get added.  Everyone will get to that rank eventually, and meanwhile the XP needed for each new level grows so much that it's really not going to make any difference.

Dear good sir, I'm not sure if you're just having a bad day or really have no idea what you're talking about.
The 17,000 points that does nothing as you would call it isn't really worthless as you might think it is.
We have members that weren't able to ascend and missed out on that sweet 45,000 endo. More so - 55,000 at Rank 10.

Why does this matter if we'll get it eventually?
You know how often we get new clan weapons yes? it'll take months before we get 6 more clan weapons each worth 3k.
What I don't understand is why you're being negative about this? Like,.. why not really?

2 hours ago, Oranji said:

Dear good sir, I'm not sure if you're just having a bad day or really have no idea what you're talking about.
The 17,000 points that does nothing as you would call it isn't really worthless as you might think it is.
We have members that weren't able to ascend and missed out on that sweet 45,000 endo. More so - 55,000 at Rank 10.

Why does this matter if we'll get it eventually?
You know how often we get new clan weapons yes? it'll take months before we get 6 more clan weapons each worth 3k.
What I don't understand is why you're being negative about this? Like,.. why not really?

And the members can just as easily miss out on all of that forever, if a couple of people are impatient.  There have been numerous threads from "weekends friends" or other not-hardcore clans, lamenting that just anyone can start the process once the alter is built, and some new recruit started the process at random when none of the regular members were on.  It doesn't matter because it doesn't matter.  The Dark Sector system is dead and gone.  DE won't take the points away from those that have them, and they can't re-enable the research because then people will rage and rail at "wasting all those resources" for clan research that does nothing.  So you can either fret and fume about points that you're not really missing out on (because you can't miss out on something that doesn't exist anymore.)  Or you can accept that it is what it is - a shadowed remnant of a system that didn't work, and isn't coming back.  At least not in that form, and not any time soon, in any case.

The points do nothing unless you start the Ascension.  And if you do, they do something only for the briefest moment.  For all but the most dedicated and organized groups, even that is just another chance to miss out.  The rest of the time, the points just sit there.  Another useless score that counts towards nothing.  So, which will it be?  Accept that what's gone is gone, and move on, or be angry about it, and change nothing?

50 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

So, which will it be?  Accept that what's gone is gone, and move on, or be angry about it, and change nothing?

How about allowing research and not contradicting it since you don't care about it?
That's really it I don't see why there should be an argument about it.
Feels like I'm in youtube comment section or sumthin.

No really, you don't have to defend it nor your opinion is needed since it's a request to the devs.
But yea, freedom of speech I guess...

This could be easily corrected by allowing the research to be completed, but block the construction during the armistice period.

That way we get the clan points and nothing is amiss.

PS. Taking them out completely poses the problem of what to do with the points already earned by older clans. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)Magpie_42 said:

This could be easily corrected by allowing the research to be completed, but block the construction during the armistice period.

That way we get the clan points and nothing is amiss.

PS. Taking them out completely poses the problem of what to do with the points already earned by older clans. 

There's also "first build" affinity though.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:16 PM, Oranji said:

Actually, no, you wont be getting 55k at rank 10. 

The reason you got 45k at rank 9 was because it was a total of all of the past ranks that you couldn't get it from individually. You get 5k endo per rank (per person.) 5k times 9 ranks means 45k endo. 

• 3 weeks later...