Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banking and Auction House.

Neyo

Why doesn't Warframe have a system like this? Why not create a designated location for you to store stuff you want to sell like syndicate weapons, so that they are not in your inventory? Why not create a system where people can just search for a specific riven attribute and buy it. Not even an auction house if daily trades are the issue, but just a catalog where you can post items in an organized way and just leave them there for people to message you about. I've never seen it done in a game like Warframe, and I really thinking it would be an amazing edition to the game with open world maps and cities like Cetus coming out in the near future.

Just now, Happy2BLazy said:

You could try warframe market. Even though people can troll and fake stuff on it.

I know Warframe market exists, and I love the site, however there is a lot of things you cannot do with the site. Like riven mods. And if it was ingame more people would be able to use it, and it could be a lot more accurate to what people actually have and all that.

Just now, NeyoSemperDux said:

I know Warframe market exists, and I love the site, however there is a lot of things you cannot do with the site. Like riven mods. And if it was ingame more people would be able to use it, and it could be a lot more accurate to what people actually have and all that.

True. 
Just a thing - in case you didn't know. The Dev of Warframe Market said that in a later update for WFM2.0 you'll be able to link riven mods! So hooray to that at least, haha

3 hours ago, NeyoSemperDux said:

Why doesn't Warframe have a system like this? Why not create a designated location for you to store stuff you want to sell like syndicate weapons, so that they are not in your inventory? Why not create a system where people can just search for a specific riven attribute and buy it. Not even an auction house if daily trades are the issue, but just a catalog where you can post items in an organized way and just leave them there for people to message you about. I've never seen it done in a game like Warframe, and I really thinking it would be an amazing edition to the game with open world maps and cities like Cetus coming out in the near future.

DE doesn't want an afk system in their game.

Players have been requesting an auction house and/or player shops for years, the answer has always been "no".

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

If anything, just improve on what we got in the Bazaar, add onto it, move the theme into a more open environment where we can set up and use Market stalls and such, something like what we got in the PoE hub with the NPCs.

All we got now is 5 slots to show what we got to trade for, however, it would be nice to have the market stand approach and also set/show the prices of it to save a lot of the hassle. We could also customize our stalls, using names and such to fit with what they're selling. ("Radical Rivens" or "Beginner's Flea Mod Market" and such.)

and other people can interact with the stall to bring up a total list of what you're selling as opposed to being limited to only 5 slots. It's not entirely an AFK thing as you have to be actively at the marketplace setting up your stall as opposed to grinding elsewhere, although you may be Alt tabbing and watching youtube, and people may still have to request the trades and such as to make thier purchase if you got something interesting.

Small example

Spoiler

eBRn4.jpg

However, I can see some issue regarding posts in this situation, any suggestions?

Edited by (XB1)calvina

I dont think this is going to happen as far as buying and selling works mostly to combat bots and frad transactions and the like.

however, expanding out the bazarr so its an actal market palce and not a semi destroyed relay would be nice. 

I have also noticed a large drop in the price of prime parts sints rivens came out. rivens are where most people amke the most amont of money these days it seems and with the fact that they are mostly randomized, its hard to search for or index that kind of thing in an auction house (mostly becasue there are some no one is ever going to buy).

Now... if you where to make a Clan that specificaly did player to player auctions - as in like a real live auction house (invite a bunch o people who are interested into the dojo and hold a litteral auction with call outs and a broker)- there would be little DE could do to stop you assuming that its all done thouhgt the normal trading system and chat. In fact it would proibly mean that the itmes would be sold above face value then usual but i recomend startign bids lower to get interest. that actly could be a cool idea in fact, but would be a rather alrge undertaking for one person to do, plus the fact that you would have to get people interested and more over scegual and run the thing... mening you would have to get a list of what is being sold first. its complicated, but doable. auctions house has to make money so have a small sale fee or somehitng agreed on only if it sells or sells above the vale they want for it... etc and tdlr you can make your own acution house with blackjack and hookers.

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

1 hour ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

I dont think this is going to happen as far as buying and selling works mostly to combat bots and frad transactions and the like.

however, expanding out the bazarr so its an actal market palce and not a semi destroyed relay would be nice. 

I have also noticed a large drop in the price of prime parts sints rivens came out. rivens are where most people amke the most amont of money these days it seems and with the fact that they are mostly randomized, its hard to search for or index that kind of thing in an auction house (mostly becasue there are some no one is ever going to buy).

Now... if you where to make a Clan that specificaly did player to player auctions - as in like a real live auction house (invite a bunch o people who are interested into the dojo and hold a litteral auction with call outs and a broker)- there would be little DE could do to stop you assuming that its all done thouhgt the normal trading system and chat. In fact it would proibly mean that the itmes would be sold above face value then usual but i recomend startign bids lower to get interest. that actly could be a cool idea in fact, but would be a rather alrge undertaking for one person to do, plus the fact that you would have to get people interested and more over scegual and run the thing... mening you would have to get a list of what is being sold first. its complicated, but doable. auctions house has to make money so have a small sale fee or somehitng agreed on only if it sells or sells above the vale they want for it... etc and tdlr you can make your own acution house with blackjack and hookers.

Was not meaning literal lol

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

If anything, just improve on what we got in the Bazaar, add onto it, move the theme into a more open environment where we can set up and use Market stalls and such, something like what we got in the PoE hub with the NPCs.

All we got now is 5 slots to show what we got to trade for, however, it would be nice to have the market stand approach and also set/show the prices of it to save a lot of the hassle. We could also customize our stalls, using names and such to fit with what they're selling. ("Radical Rivens" or "Beginner's Flea Mod Market" and such.)

and other people can interact with the stall to bring up a total list of what you're selling as opposed to being limited to only 5 slots. It's not entirely an AFK thing as you have to be actively at the marketplace setting up your stall as opposed to grinding elsewhere, although you may be Alt tabbing and watching youtube, and people may still have to request the trades and such as to make thier purchase if you got something interesting.

Small example

Reveal hidden contents

eBRn4.jpg

However, I can see some issue regarding posts in this situation, any suggestions?

When I was thinking about this that was kinda what I was thinking about.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

DE doesn't want an afk system in their game.

Players have been requesting an auction house and/or player shops for years, the answer has always been "no".

I'm not trying to ask for a auction house where you give plat to the house and immediately get your item. I meant this more as a catalog where you could message someone about rivens and do a search for rivens with a specific stat, or a specific number of rolls. 

21 hours ago, Kinetos said:

Why would we need banking? In other games banking is just another pool of inventory slots, but you don't have access to it outside of the bank, that's basically our inventory already. 

also in most games they charge for inventory space over the max and thus put stack limits on things. <_< I am fine with buying slots but id rather not have to pay 20 dollers to store my 2billion alloy plates.

1 hour ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

also in most games they charge for inventory space over the max and thus put stack limits on things. <_< I am fine with buying slots but id rather not have to pay 20 dollers to store my 2billion alloy plates.

They don't charge for resources... or use slots for resources.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, NeyoSemperDux said:

I was thinking of something like this awhile back, however my thought was clan based only. More like a locker to pass on items between clan members who login at different times, but this way could work with the proper safeguards in place.

1 hour ago, NeyoSemperDux said:

They don't charge for resources... or use slots for resources.

that is the point. baking in games is usually a form of inventory management and the resion that most games have the "extra space" for sales items is to help sort it. In some games, it locks that extra space for a period of time or it locks in a price that you are trying to get for it. most of them just work as an auction house where it goes into a listed inventory. Now, we cant trade most resorces, I know, but the point is an inventory management system for trading like that is a different type of sales model, and its one that has proven to be somewhat frustrating to the average player (depending on the game).

We also have to consider the aspect that people could play stocks with the auction house in ways they could not ever beable to do right now - buying up all the parts of one thing and inflating the price. I have seen it happen in a lot of games where a semi common item is bought out by one person and re sold at a higher price. people will try to undercut it or will ignore it, but if you do it right you can inflate the prices to much larger levels then they where before and cause artificial inflation inflation. its one of the reasons why I like war frame market place, considering you cant buy things all at once.

you can set up shop in the bazar and display what you are selling however and that is the closest thing that we will probably get, mostly because you have to be there and ready to trade to be able to see it rather then passively trying to sell something.

On 8/9/2017 at 3:34 AM, NeyoSemperDux said:

Because I imagine DE doesn't want the game to be like the stereotypical MMO. They wanted Warframe to be different.