Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.4.0

[DE]Megan

Tempest Barrage

• Tempest Barrage can now be charged for longer Duration (more explosions) and more Damage for more Energy.

There's no indication in the UI as to the state of the charge when charging it. At least when casting tentacles Hydroid will throw his fist up giving an indication that he's charging it, but there's nothing to indicate the min/max charging when doing this with barrage. Give us an indicator of some kind so we can time it correctly to enemy movement.

• Like 1

Well DE thank you for messing up my fav warframe. I have used Hydroid 39.9% of the time. First the kraken head is silly and not needed. Also why did you make tenticle swarm Line of Sight and its Bad LoS as well. Have tested it a few times where tenicle swarm will go where the radical is but wont hit the enemy in my field of view right near me. Also tenicle swarm could be used to hit enemies close by on radar, but now that option doesnt work either. Also about ejecting the bodies out, that has ruined the combo of the undertow with a nekros and desecrate, thanks so much. Further tying a lot of his powers to duration will cause me so scrap most of my strength builds and most range builds are already shot. The undertow puddle area is now smaller even with same setup before the "fix" (more like nerf). 

I was so excited about Hydroid prime, all ready to buy prime access (like I have all the others) but this may be the 1st one I dont buy.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed the "Stealth" mission challenge from missions where you're not likely to be able to complete it:
    • Will no longer be rolled for any Infestation mission
    • Will no longer be rolled for the mission types: Defense, Survival, Interception, Excavation, Defection
    • Will no longer be rolled for public matchmaking missions, since other players are likely to go loud and alert the enemies
  • Removed the "Style Kill" challenge (get 5 kills while sliding) in Archwing missions.

275598.gif

Hydride needs a new passive or a passive in general.  Hydride present one is not very effective or useful, please replace it. 

Consider this as a new passive. If Hydride is standing in water or even becomes water, he could recover a percentage (+0.5) of his Energy and/or Health per second.  And as in negative effect any and all fire damage done to Hydroid in his basic form will deal double Damage.

It's basic form meaning when he's not transformed into water.  As Hydride takes no damage when he becomes water.

Also could you, allow Hydride to move in his puddle forum.

why bother giving him slightly more shields, and more armor, if he still gets 1 shotted by everything? you literally CAN'T add mods for HP/Shields on him now, period, without sacrificing the other necessary mods NEEDED for him to even DO damage, or have duration/efficiency, because now you NEED natural talent, JUST to get his charged cast speed to match that of his ORIGINAL cast speed PRIOR to this update.  You guys clearly never think things through on your "reworks."

2 minutes ago, Alanthier said:

why bother giving him slightly more shields, and more armor, if he still gets 1 shotted by everything? you literally CAN'T add mods for HP/Shields on him now, period, without sacrificing the other necessary mods NEEDED for him to even DO damage, or have duration/efficiency, because now you NEED natural talent, JUST to get his charged cast speed to match that of his ORIGINAL cast speed PRIOR to this update.  You guys clearly never think things through on your "reworks."

Energy burn use to be tied to efficiency in undertow now it is tied to duration and now burns energy quicker than a mesa.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Datastorm said:

Energy burn use to be tied to efficiency in undertow now it is tied to duration and now burns energy quicker than a mesa.

no issue with energy burn, i'm talking about the time it takes TO cast his 1 and 4.  i have 155% duration on mine, my energy ticks down just as slow/slower than mesa, with 30% efficiency in his puddle.  And he is still squishy as all fk, 1 shotted in the void by everything, even from outside the enemy's weapon's effective range, 1 shot.

All in all I feel like it was a great rework to my favorite frame; not only does he still feel powerful while summoning up tentacles and calling down artillery, but I literally said being able to move while puddled would be the best change I could ask for. I'm giving this rework a 9/10.

My ONLY problem with it is that I wish you could drag enemies with you while in puddle form with his Wave ability. As it is currently, if you have five enemies in the puddle and wave-dash away, those five enemies will stand up where you just dashed from. It would be far, far better if you could sort of "Scoop up" enemies and release them to your team's AoE all at once, giving Hydroid a very good niche and something only he can do.

I don't know if this was intended but the riven with the extra challenge do not raise any alarms doesn't seem to work once I put the datamass in the terminal. If this counts as raising the alarms could you specify it, it would be a lot more simple that way. Btw Hydroid's rework is meh there could've been a lot more improvement in his other abilities or change of passive. Nevertheless keep up the great work :thumbup:

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.4.0

insXTUT.jpg 

Hydroid Revisited

The sea has a revamped fear creeping in the depth, and his name is Hydroid.

With Hydroid Prime emerging to the surface soon, the team took another glance at Hydroids powers and what we could do in order to achieve ability synergy. Hydroid now brings barrages, surges, puddles, and tentacles into a deadly oceanic horror. 

Feedback appreciated here: 

General Hydroid Changes:

• Hydroid’s base Shield and Armor has received a buff! 
    • Shield is now 375 from 345. 
    • Armor is now 200 from 65.

Tempest Barrage:

• Tempest Barrage can be cast while in Undertow and will now hit enemies submerged in Undertow.
  • Tempest Barrage can now be charged for longer Duration (more explosions) and more Damage for more Energy.

Tidal Surge:

• Tidal Surge can be used to move around without cancelling Undertow (note that Tidal Surge speed - and hence distance - is halved when used in Undertow).
  • Tidal Surge will now pull enemies along for the ride.
  • Tidal Surge can be interrupted at any point by casting Undertow to go into your puddle, sinking enemies being pulled along.

Undertow:

• Hydroid can pull enemies into Undertow by aiming and clicking on them.
  • Undertow can be cast while in air.
  • Jump and roll will break Hydroid out of Undertow.
  • Hydroid can now move while in Undertow at the expense of Energy.
  • Submerged enemies in Undertow receive Damage Per Second, increasing every second they are submerged.
  • Enemies that die will be released from Undertow instead of dragging their dead bodies along for the ride.

Tentacle Swarm:

• Hold onto your ships, Tentacle Swarm has received a new look straight from the depths of the sea! Can you summon the Kraken?
  • Tentacle Swarm can be charged to get more tentacles over a larger area for more Energy.
  • Hydroid tentacles will now seek out nearby enemies and attempt to slam on top of them rather than just always flailing randomly and hoping they hit something.
  • Tentacle Swarm will protrude from Hydroid’s Undertow if active when cast. 

Changes

• Made improvements towards load-times. 
  • Removed the "Stealth" mission challenge from missions where you're not likely to be able to complete it:
    • Will no longer be rolled for any Infestation mission
    • Will no longer be rolled for the mission types: Defense, Survival, Interception, Excavation, Defection
    • Will no longer be rolled for public matchmaking missions, since other players are likely to go loud and alert the enemies
  • Fixes

Hydroid changes :

Thanks DE, I'll be testing these Hydroid changes in a few minutes, but I'm already happy to see that I can finally move in puddle mode!!

Changes :

My loading times have been terribly long for ages (since U17 if I can recall correctly, and before any non-endless mission type), can't wait to see how long I'll have to wait now. (anything below 30-60 seconds is good in my book)

Nice Stealth change, now you "just" have to work on the actual Stealth system to make it viable :

• Mirage's Eclipse works & proves that a light/shadow mechanic exists ingame, right? Why don't you make us able to use it to our advantage? Basically,Enemies vision cones are reduced when looking towards darkness. (By half or something, so it'll make Stealth way more intuitive & immersive)
  • In addition to a light/shadow mechanic that is already present , it'd be awesome if we were able to shoot/destroy the lights. That'd make stealth even more relevant & lights breaking suddenly would be a good way to distract enemies that witness it! :)
  • Gunblades are currently the only weapons we can't silence(even ruking SHOTGUNS can be silenced). Will you do something about it, like adding a Hush mode for gunblades?
  • The Stealth multiplier needs a bit of work too : it takes extreme patience to land a fully stealthy mission, and it's not a racing experience.( not every stealth player is an everytime-invisible-Loki) Could it be possible to increase the timer's duration or something that rewards the fact of being quiet, instead of the fact of speedrunning quietly?  
  • Talking about rewards : a stealthy run takes about twice the time of a normal mission, yet after 20 minutes of avoiding visual contact & alarms, all we get is a pat on the back. Will you address this to give more incentive for being actual space ninja? (example : rare items in containers or reinforced storage that remains unlocked if no alarm is raised, an achievement for the amount of missions completed without raising alarms)
  • Moar Spy rooms plz? 

This is the first video that comes up on Youtube when you type "Warframe Stealth". I'd be dreaming with my eyes wide open if it was an efficient & rewarding gameplay. I hope you'll understand the feeling of the tenno who enjoy your game like this.

Older stuff that could be interesting in your game :

I've been playing 4 long years to be a space ninja. I hope we'll see that clearly represented in Warframe.

• Like 1

Peacemaker seems to break the Redeemer.

I don't know when or how but my Redeemer stopped working and I just wiggled when I tried to use it after having been using it in Melee mode to level it up for a while. I think I used Peacemaker and it broke some way between putting away the regulators and picking Redeemer back up.

Don't have much more details than that since it kinda happened once and I was stuck the rest of the mission like that.

Congratulations, DE! Hydroid is still terrible. Give him actual abilities and not 'charge for more damage!!!1!' BS.
He's need an actual REWORK, with new abilities. Not a light touch up that changed practically nothing.

Edited by Uhgly

1 minute ago, Omega1084 said:

Peacemaker seems to break the Redeemer.

I don't know when or how but my Redeemer stopped working and I just wiggled when I tried to use it after having been using it in Melee mode to level it up for a while. I think I used Peacemaker and it broke some way between putting away the regulators and picking Redeemer back up.

Don't have much more details than that since it kinda happened once and I was stuck the rest of the mission like that.

Aww c'mon : first they make it noisy (and you can't silence it with mods, unlike...Shotguns), and now this? :/

Anyone else having trouble updating? I restarted just before redtext finished, but it kept telling me content server unavailable. Update will resume shortly. My launcher goes unresponsive if left open. I've completely deleted it and re-downloaded and it got stuck at the exact same spot...? Any ideas...? Anywhere I can pull logs for someone to look at?

So what you say is that you gave the joke warframe a joke rework that did not change the fact that he had no spot on any team for any mission...

A slow Nova just pressing 4 is more useful than having 3 hydroids running around on a team... Do not get me wrong the idea behind Hydroid is funny, mostly because i like bad memes, but he feels like a kid on the playground who you need to pick up every 10 seconds because he pants his face in the sand at every step.

To be honest i cannot see the ability setup he has now, being other then a meme, no matter how much you would buff them and create synergies. He needs to a new ability setup that actually gives him a role on some teams, for some missions...

So Hydroid at least for me get destroyed rly.  At least in my opinion.

Reasons:

1.) 2,3,4 is now almost invisible in heat of battle. Also because of being transparent it seem to lower frame rate(or increase random stutters). Please get it back to being weird jelly in color of energy.(Non jelly may look fancy for now and in general for new players, but it's tiring in long run to not have very clear indication of abilities)
2.) 4 is just plainly bad and it was the rly useful ability and reason to even use that frame. Before it had great range and spawned on enemies. tentacles were BIG(even if hitbox and what not, is same) and being colorfull jelly. Making ability very visible. Now they spawn usually very close and seem to cluster in one area to much. Also why even made it charged if it can't be charged for all energy. If it would allow to charge for ~300 and would cover like whole title. Ok it's good ability with enough energy. But now mee it's just worse in every possible way than old.
3.) What is this thing that spawn together with 4. It made soooooooooooooooooooooo much sense to have weird creature spawn in ceiling or on wall for no reason rly.....
3.) If 1,2,3 would be actually reworked to be usefull in battle. Then meeee ok with that 4. But as it it with all his abilities He's just huge joke.

EDIT: ok 2 was reworked to be quite useful(but it rly show how ragdoll and what not is [...] up). But I still stand that it should be easily visible jelly and that 4 is worse(or at least need refinement in how it works)

Also somebody started about stealth. 

Why everybody is blind. And I mean blind. I understand delay on reaction. But why made enemies so [...] blind. Let them see flying tenno and let them shoot from other distance than point blank.

AI problem for me:

Ballistas can't shoot [...] anything. Once they were powerfull and real treat. Now they aren't even annoyance.
             1.) Why on earth they have that laser thing. It doesn't even point forward.
             2.) That can't even hit anything. Rly why even bother with them spawning when they can't hit anything.
             3.) They sometimes shoot behind and what not..... with sniper rifle.... Let them have normal aimbot and weapon accuracy. Like in old days.
             4.) Why on Earth they Vulkars are charged weapons.

Edited by TomTheBlackFox