Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.4.0

[DE]Megan

I appreciate the update, but this rework... is horrendous. Nothing changed just quality of life fixes to his kit. He needs a real rework or buff, I expected   Not too much, but this isn't minimum this is a barebones rework. Very disappointed, our pirate deserves much better.

I don't get why the Slide Attack challenge was removed from Arcwing? 

It was something that you could actually complete, I know because I've completed it. No pulling off a slide attack in AW wasn't the easiest thing to do but you constantly have people shrieking that they want more challenge and that challenge was actually kinda challenging.  

Also Hydroids power colors seem to be a bit not working at the moment. Everything seems to be the same default color regardless of your selection. 

Also Also the puddle movement is really really really really slow. I wasn't expecting it to be like normal speed or anything but it was so slow that moving didn't really feel worth it. Tho the ability to cast while you're in your 4 seems sweet. 

Edited by Oreades

Several things for this change. First, why did you make everything revolve around Undertow? Second, why make everything require even more energy? From the looks of it, it looks like I'll need max efficiency or a metric ton of energy restores just to use my abilities if he's going to be a spam caster like Oberon is, since he can't even use Rage to deal with energy costs. Oh, and aside from that, where's the fix for the Telos Boltace? They don't work unless you're the host. I'm getting a bit annoyed at the lack of a fix, since it's been twenty-some hotfixes and updates since that bug has existed. Oh, also, the Detron is still stronger than the Mara Detron, even though the Mara one is a special variant and has a higher MR lock, indicating it should be better. 

Thank you DE,  nice graphic, but the color of tentacles almost not really gud to see. its translucent, but still its awesome

1 things the biggest problem for me, the  Hydroid undertow 3th ability RANGE IS TOO SHORT and Getting Short , even with strecth it look short. overwhelmingly short, not like before, the udnertow seems short range

suggestion for hydroid augment

Would Love to have an augment for Hydroid, for his 4th augement, with the augment his 4th will spawn the kraken come on the surface and attack and destroy the enemy freely, maybe not really big, but it might have a long tentacles. so it can take and pull the enemies

whenever the kraken detected if the enemy is there , the kraken will kill it without hesitation. yes its like spawning the real and the true form of hydroid kraken no 4th ability.  maybe by spawning it within duration or energy eff.  

I dont care if other wany to agree or disagree. im just sharing, bcos i know how the community will react, and this is for DE.

thank you :D

Edited by Vaultowl

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Tidal Surge can be used to move around without cancelling Undertow (note that Tidal Surge speed - and hence distance - is halved when used in Undertow).
  • Hydroid can now move while in Undertow at the expense of Energy.

Good ol "balance a buff with a nerf, for some reason" from DE. Anyways, besides the armor, undertow movement, and tentacle swarm targeting and visual changes, this is kinda of lackluster in terms of a rework.

Synergy is nice, but it isn't a kit savior.

Still no fix for Sonicor not pushing enemies away.

The Sonicor does not seem to move targets around as much as it used to be. Spamming the Sonicor on that single target should have already sent it at the other side of the map, yet it did not. The Bombard just does flips where he stands.

How is it annoying ? Because it basically removes both a tactical aspect and a fun aspect of the Sonicor. Maybe you use the sonicor to move enemies outside some areas where it's too dangerous to keep them. Well, with this bug, you can't move them as it pleases you. On the contraty, maybe you are just a guy like me who loves to toss enemies around and see them spazz like crazy, smash them on walls or push them in ravines. Well, with this bug, you can only make them jump on place. Definitely not as fun.

Modding the weapon with the explosive element will give to that gun an insane amount of ragdoll, and have the interesting effect of bumping them extremely high in the air. Fun, but still not as fun as it used to be. Enemies bumped with a blast modded Sonicor will do a high jump in the air and never fall too far from the point where you hit them, defeating the purpose of using the Sonicor as a tool to move enemies around again, and also disallowing you the possibility to smash them on something else than the ceiling. Not as fun for a Ragdoll lover like me.

I hope this bug, who existed since a fairly long time, will finally get fixed soon.

So I tried this rework, and it's very interesting, the combinations are multiple and it adds more, uh, utility to Hydroid.

- His Tempest Barrage charge action is nice, instead of just recasting two times I can just cast it charged and leave it alone for a while longer. While this is minor (or might be minor to people) I actually find this change nice. But I'm still jarred by the way it actually aims, like, the point you're aiming at, if you have obstacles, it's gonna hit these obstacles. (Dunno how to explain properly, it doesn't pinpoint aim at the zone you're designing D:)

- His Tidal Wave is still the same, straight charge, with the added effect of pulling enemies. While inconsistent in terms of distance, the pull does it's job. Combined with Undertow, it actually doesn't pull enemies behind you (sadly, but countered with the manual pull of Undertow). Moving with Tidal Wave while Undertowed can be tricky if distance is tight (like, there's only hole around and you don't want to go down). But that addition definitly helps in terms of mobility.

- His Undertow is the one that makes me feel better. The change to make us able to move was really needed (Well, we're less mobile now, people won't be able to say that we're going afk when pulling people lol). The ramp-up damage is good too, no more sleeping to kill enemies :p. I noticed the range got less affected by Range Mods (Base 4m, and 4.82m with a maxed Stretch while it should be 5.8m technically unless I'm bad at maths, feel free to correct me) Which is okay I guess (and since we can move around now, it's even more okay in my opinion). Also, no more panic when using Curative Undertow augment, we can just follow people in a room (Well, not follow-follow but you know what I mean >:( ). The manual grab while Undertowed is amazing, very good to pick up stragglers after a Tidal Wave move, or just to gather enemies and finish them with Tentacle Swarm or Tempest Barrage. Or just gather enemies for fun. Combined with Tentacle Swarm, it's a very nice way to condense all the tentacles in a chokepoint (no innuendo). A second option you might say. Overall the changes feels like most of his kit is centered around Undertow. Or more like Undertow has synergies now. Anyway.

-His Tentacle Swarm, god, the visual change is just so cool. Could potentially give a spook to people who have no idea about Hydroid. The way the tentacles attacks are way more, uh, accurate and less random. The way it spreads around is nice too. Overall there's nothing too annoying right now about it. But there's slight complications actually. Sometimes the tentacles freeze up straight, and after a few seconds, slams down but takes my Kubrow as a target (I haven't tried with Kavats and Sentinels). Tentacles can spawn on HP and Energy Orbs too which was very surprising :'D. And other than that, I got nothing else about this change.

Overall, the color change is nice, the "real water effect" is really nice too I love it. But now the Energy Color is pretty irrelevant now :( (Well Tempest Barrage is still affected by it but that's the only one lol). Some abilities might be better with a teeny tweak but right now no ideas comes to mind.

Anyway, thank you DE for this rework.

Initial thoughts:

Tempest Barrage could use a visual indication that it's charging. Tidal Surge seems fine except for the reduced range in Undertow. Seeing as how you're already draining energy passively from simply being in Undertow and unable to gain energy by other means, I don't feel the reduced range is necessary. Undertow desperately needs much faster movement or to have it's range un-nerfed. Tentacle Swarm seems fine on it's own, but the charge time is ridiculous - it's already costing more energy, why does it also take so much longer? I really do not like the passive, so it would be nice to get a guaranteed tentacle on slam attack or try something else.

Edited by Neightrix

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.4.0

Changes

• Made improvements towards load-times. 
  • Adjusted the release time of charged throws for all thrown weapons in Dual-Wield mode to improve collision.
  • Removed unused tint masks from a bunch of materials to make them render slightly faster.
  • Improved the variety of cycled Sortie missions types.
  • Removed the explosion delay from Javlok's spear when thrown fully charged. Quick throw retains the delay to facilitate getting out of range before it detonates.
  • The "Hacker" mission challenge (hack 1 console) will no longer appear if the mission has no consoles to hack. Additionally, it can no longer be rolled in Survival, Hijack, or Defection, because those mission types give you a console to hack for free at the beginning.
  • Removed mission challenges from Junctions.
  • Removed the "Stealth" mission challenge from missions where you're not likely to be able to complete it:
    • Will no longer be rolled for any Infestation mission
    • Will no longer be rolled for the mission types: Defense, Survival, Interception, Excavation, Defection
    • Will no longer be rolled for public matchmaking missions, since other players are likely to go loud and alert the enemies
  • Removed the "Style Kill" challenge (get 5 kills while sliding) in Archwing missions.

BLESS! Thanks for the fix on these lol!

Thank you for the fixes, here are some more bugs that need fixing: 

1. When you swap to staticor no ammo is showing until you fire atleast 1 bullet. After you swap and swap back again the ammo will not show untill you shoot atleast 1 bullet.

2. When I'm leveling pretty much anything in game there are notifications that my frame/weapon/sentinel etc. has reached a certain level. But when I press TAB it shows that that item is several levels above than was shown in the notification... Really gets on my nervs when my warframe lvl is 11 and it shows that I just reached lvl 7 (Meaning that I can't use my 4th ability yet)..