Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.4.0

[DE]Megan

Idea for better passive and barrage

Passive :"Shipwreck" when hydroid hits an enemy they bcome drenched in water that increases the status chance of all weapons that hit them by 30% (additive after mods, does not stack) for 10 seconds(timer refreshable)~ This is inspired by "slag damage: in the borderlands franchise and I think drenching enemies fits hydroids theme and would help the DPS of teammates AOE weaponry in higher level content such as sorties, Kuva floods and endurance runs

For barrage I think it would be great if hydroid spawned a cloud overhead that shot the water.allies shooting it further increase the damage, similar to malllet or antimatter drop

My Thoughts

1st Power....this may be my favorite ability. If you want to buff it then my request would be to change the original duration from 5 to 10 or change the range from 10m to 20m with 2x the missiles per second or some combination of both. Keep the modification to double the damage and duration for double the energy cost. Although, I'd love to see that original energy cost lowered from 25 to 20 so it would cost 40 energy for a charged barrage. Those changes would make this a true buff.

2nd Power....As has been noted before compared to Rhino's Charge this ability requires 50 rather than 25 energy. It does have a 6m radius instead of 2m and a basic travel of 30m instead of 12m so effectively it has 180m squared effective area rather than 24m squared for Rhino. This is pretty nice but by no means guarantees your going to hit 7-8 times the number of enemies. Rhino does lower his energy cost on subsequent charges to only 50% then 25% of the original cost or a mere 6.25 energy. On top of that his range is increased by 50% and the damage by 400%. That puts the damage comparison at 600 for Hydroid and 2600 for Rhino. These facts makes Rhino's ability more useful for hitting groups of enemies that may be spread out in different directions. Additionally as a result on an energy to damage comparison Rhino's charge is much more cost effective, 35 times more effective in fact. I'd suggest some combination of three things. 1st a lowering of the original energy cost to at most 30. 2nd a major damage boost to at least 1500. Then most importantly some unique major effects that make it worthwhile, after all we don't want to just replicate Rhino's ability, effects like enemies are left in a pool after the Surge for 10s. The pool applies the same damage as Hydroids normal undertow or better yet visible on the ground chocking on water for 10s so they can be targeted. Keeping in mind Rhino's Charge has opportunities for bonus damage or stuns depending on synergies with his other abilities. 

3rd Power...I like the new connections of Hydroids Undertow with his other abilities. I do feel the range needs to be restored to something at least closer to the original 18m, 15m at least and the damage could be ramped up as well. I don't think it needs to apply huge damage since this is a primarily and escape/invulnerability effect. However I do agree with the majority that I'd rather have this ability replaced entirely. Perhaps with another crowd control ability. I can think of 2 things water related. Either Tidal Wave which would sweep across the room maybe 20 meters wide and run for 20 meters or stinging tentacles which would branch out from Hydroid in a circle 10-20 meters in radius. Paralysing all enemies for some set duration. This in fact should be his main ability, switch it with his 4th. His current 4th would remain more of a long range CC option with more damage. This new 4th would be his main CC so that enemies are targetable.

4th Power...I like the new range expansion and doubling of the number of tentacles. However again if this is to be a buff. Doubling the tentacles for double the energy cost isn't anything except a bit more flexible. However, the range was cut from 20m down to 5m so even with the doubling you are at 1/2 range. The range needs to be moved back up to at least 10m. Now for the buff...you either need to reduce energy cost, improve damage or duration or again some combination of all 3. Additionally if this ability was able to be recast. I'd suggest the following. New Base: Range 15m, Energy 40, Tentacles 10, Damage +75% per tentacle, Duration drop to 15s. Net effect 31% more damage over current ability.

While doubled: Range 30m, Energy 80, Tentacles 20, Damage +150% per tentacle, duration 15s. Net effect 375% more damage over current ability but at 80 energy. Net effect compared to revised base 286% more damage but at 200% energy....a reasonable energy to damage exchange.

Over all as has been noted Hydroid needs to have a role on the team. Either Support...which these don't do....Damage....that's an easier fix or Crowd Control which would be preferred. 1 and 4 do that now If 2 was modified as above and 3 replaced he could become a serious CC frame.

Edited by Kithawk