Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 21.4.0] Hydroid Revisited Feedback

[DE]Danielle

:RED ALERT: Hydroid what? Get DE to not completely NERF it, yeah. Good Luck. (100k is aleady decent, I think DE is testing the water).

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hydroid Fixes, Part IV! 

It's been four deployments since our Original Hydroid revisited. Here is the latest batch of fixes. We do plan on focusing more on fixes for future deployments. In the week since the rework, we've seen a lot of great feedback and have incorporated some big changes. We will be giving the rework more time in player's hands before we consider further big changes - but as always please place your feedback in appropriate subforums. 

Alright, Cool. I am trying to remember how many Hydroid Posts has been posted.

Hydroid Fixes, Part IV! 

It's been four deployments since our Original Hydroid revisited. Here is the latest batch of fixes. We do plan on focusing more on fixes for future deployments. In the week since the rework, we've seen a lot of great feedback and have incorporated some big changes. We will be giving the rework more time in player's hands before we consider further big changes - but as always please place your feedback in appropriate subforums. 

DE, 

Its me again, that MR24 Hydroid main (40%+)... 

I just wanted to say I love all of you for the Rework, and ESPECIALLY for that follow-up boost to Energy and making Undertow kill Lvl150 Bombards in just a few seconds.. that % damage was exactly what I wanted for Christmas.

I love you guys, you have made me so happy.

- Me

We can't really make another Nidus, a stack would be, like Waves stack that you can spend on your Seas Ability, it would have been neat if Hydroid got the "TRIDENT" (just fun thoughts).

Hydroid Fixes, Part IV! 

:puff: 

@RikerWatts is over-doing himself, the salts got to him. 

This Hydroids rework thing probably going to get over-shadowed by new Frame literally.

Reworks in general don't really change Frames altogether but functions. It would be just simpler if you STAY on a TOPIC, and this is about HYDROID.

NOT other Topics we all know has "issues".

I am :shocked: that no one even mentioned the Sea's "Trident", not sure why.  Anyway gong to leave this here:

Spoiler

Hydroid Fixes, Part IV! 

You can also foresee this reply then :| leaving it here.

Hydroid Fixes, Part IV! 

So far I think the changes we have received have made Hydroid actually really good. There's just 2 things that bother me.

1) When you dash with your 2 while in your 3, if you have enemies with you, they will be taken out of your puddle.

This is a huge issue because, from what it seems, you want to be in your puddle as much as possible. So not being able to dash around and keep enemies in your puddle feels really slow and unreliable.

2) His 4 just flings enemies around.

Personally, I feel his 4 should grab enemies and put them in the puddle for you. That way, if there's enemies just barely out of reach, you can get them from a distance and deal massive damage.

Fix these two things and I think Hydroid will be on-par with frames such as Mesa, Rhino, Excalibur, and Frost. Both are technically minor issues, but still things that would complete the rework in my opinion.

Thank you for the consistent work!

I feel like Hydroid overall is ok the way he is except the RNG and random flailing and inaccuracies in his kit that make him so unreliable and thus unfavorable.

Tempest Barrage -this is a cool ability, and while I could suggest a few different abilities altogether... in light of trying to keep this ability, I would like to try to make this more accurate. While in Undertow this ability should target randomly within the Undertow much like the current ultimate, which charge time increasing the range... however the blasts should land a tad quicker. Why is this important? Because when using Tidal Surge to move in Undertow... the Tempest Barrage should follow the Tidal Surge along its path and do damage in a straight line. This ability in conjuction with Undertow and Tidal Surge should work much like the way flying Osprey's dash forward and do a bunch of AOE in their path. This provides a focused and consistent source of damage in the direction you want instead of randomly just hailing RNG over a large surface area.

TL;DR While in Undertow, Tempest Barrage shoots inside Undertow and follows barrage path in the direction of Tidal Surge. While outside Undertow, Tempest Barrage shoots missiles in a straight wide line OR cone in front of Hydroid instead of a mass area. Charging of ability could still increase width and/or distance.

Tidal Surge - i think its fine the way it is, would be nice to Click (view path width/direction overlay on ground) and Release (fire) for accurate placement.

Undertow - i think this is also fine the way it is, sure the range could be bigger... but we could make this more powerful if the other abilities can synergize better with it. Tidal Surge already does a good job, but the other two are somewhat lack luster which is why people want and expect more from Undertow because the other Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm are not reliable enough.

Tentacle Swarm - Now this is an ability i would like changed, two options.

a. Slight change where instead of the tentacles flailing around with the enemies, instead the tentacles slam em on the ground and continue to hit them while the enemies remain on the ground in a Knockdown state allowing for you and team members to accurately finish them off.

b. Would be a rework on the ult: The way this would work is a lot like Poseidon from the MOBA game called Smite... where in a burst of water the Kraken explodes half way (since we assume hes way way bigger) does initial entry damage and then every enemy in a radius gets grabbed and pulled into the center where the Kraken quickly sinks back into the debths which -may- do damage a second time upon pulling all enemies together in one spot this making the Tentacle Swarm a quick explosive gathering of enemies into one spot for further combo and finishers.

TL;DR Stop the flailing of enemies during Tentacle Swarm, either keep them grounded or have the enemies gather together in a central place where the Kraken creature is spawned.

This rework on the Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm allows for Tempest Barrage to shoot in a more concentrated area and Tentacle Swarm to either keep enemies grounded over a large area (minimal rework of the current ability) and not flail them around OR in a quick big burst gather all nearby enemies into one spot. This would synergize with further with Undertow and Tempest Barrage then Tidal Surge in the direction you want Tempest Barrage to fire with massive swarm of enemies being dealt by the Tentacle Swarm rework... rinse repeat.

Discuss.

Bug report: as of the hotfixes implemented on consoles today regarding hydroid. There's an issue where casting tempest barrage while in the undertow ability just completely stops after like 2 seconds. It doesn't matter it you tap it or hold it, the ability will just flat out stop.

Edited by (XB1)Slimm qp ReapeR

Why does hydroid still turn into a puddle? I thought Warframe was about fast paced gameplay and being very mobile. Now to play Hydroid you hide in your puddle, cast your 1 on it, and instantly kill enemies while being completely invincible and nearly immobile. Moving the puddle will free previously trapped enemies and if that is eventually changed then you're just a slow moving invincible powerhouse that can't be killed and you just refill with energy pads as needed. This rework is debatably encouraging less mobil gameplay and takes any skill out of playing Hydroid. Can we please just cast puddle instead of turning into one? I really don't mean to sound rude or anything like that. Hydroid is one of two favorite warframes and I would love to see a good rework for him that doesn't make him overpowered or take all the skill out of playing him. 

Edited by (PS4)crashtester17

Ok, How i do love them for trying to make hydroid better and that the community is doing a great job in making great feedback for him, I just want to say somthing.

In a world/game where you are space ninjas flying across the walls and floor's and slicing people with katanas and shooting guns, I dont see a point in making a warframe that stays stationary to do damage, yes i know how he can move slightyly and with his tidal wave can move even further, but the amount of energy it takes is to much just to move that far, hydroid is a very energy hungry warframe, while increasing his max energy is fine, unless you find a way for him to gain energy while in his puddle form, i see no reason to use puddle unless your in defense or survival because of all the other options. I love hydroid, that why i want to make him better in endgame and be more viable as a frame, i have some suggetions like if he kills an enemy in the puddle he gets energy back or just have him regenerate energy in the puddle instead of take it away i mean limbo gains energy just for being in limbo so why cant hydroid. If you have suggetions then please post some in the Hydroid feedback page.

Edited by kenjorskidragoon

Just now, Duskblade777 said:

Where did you hear that he was receiving a nerf?

In this video Tactical Potato contacted DE and they confirmed that it isn't working as intended. So there could be a nerf upcoming. But on Quiette Shy's channel I heard later that they are not going to nerf him immediately. I guess this means that the nerf could come after the prime access.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Jedi_Arts_ said:

In this video Tactical Potato contacted DE and they confirmed that it isn't working as intended. So there could be a nerf upcoming. But on Quiette Shy's channel I heard later that they are not going to nerf him immediately. I guess this means that the nerf could come after the prime access.

Huh, that would make sense to nerf him afterward, but it would be a cruel move. If they do, I hope it isn't anything to serious. And like you said earlier, I hope they fix enemies being able to come out of the puddle when you move. It's frustrating.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)crashtester17 said:

Why does hydroid still turn into a puddle? I thought Warframe was about fast paced gameplay and being very mobile. Now to play Hydroid you hide in your puddle, cast your 1 on it, and instantly kill enemies while being completely invincible and nearly immobile. Moving the puddle will free previously trapped enemies and if that is eventually changed then you're just a slow moving invincible powerhouse that can't be killed and you just refill with energy pads as needed. This rework is debatably encouraging less mobil gameplay and takes any skill out of playing Hydroid. Can we please just cast puddle instead of turning into one? I really don't mean to sound rude or anything like that. Hydroid is one of two favorite warframes and I would love to see a good rework for him that doesn't make him overpowered or take all the skill out of playing him. 

1-His changes made him MORE mobile. They gave you the option, but you can also be more mobile if you'd like to

2- Why do ppl complain about hydroid needing to sit in one spot, but dont complain half as hard about frost, or volt, or limbo?

A lot of people find Hydroid really boring to play because most of the time he in undertow mode. I have some ideas that might make undertow fun

1.) Undertow Trap

- Well basically changing undertow into a trap. Rather than having Hydroid turn into a puddle. I think its best to just cast it on the ground with the same behavior. As for the tentacle pull, I think it should be automatic if an enemy gets close. Allies can shoot the Undertow trap to damage enemies caught in it. However damage is divided depending on how many enemies are caught.

Also, add the kraken head in the middle of the undertow trap to look cool

2.) Trap Door Hyrdroid

Not sure how to explain this but it goes like this

*Press 3 to activate Undertow. Hydroid will become a watery trap

* Left clicking on an enemy will pull them into the trap

* Press Space bar to expose Hydroid's upper body only. While active, Hydroid can use his guns to shoot enemies out of range. However, Hydroid will become vulnerable while his upper body is exposed

* Press Ctrl will hide Hydroid's upper body. Returning into Undertow mode

* Press 3 again to deactivate Undertow

To explain it simply, Hydroid will become a trapdoor spider with a gun

The term "space ninjas" became obsolete the moment Titania, Octavia, Nidus, and Harrow showed up. Probably way before.

But other than that, yes, I do agree that there should be some way that Hydroid can replenish energy efficiently. I was thinking that the Kraken that spawns during his 4 would consume enemies killed in the Swarm and replenish 5 energy each to Hydroid. Or something.

I think you can also make your point by just saying:

• Hydroid need Energy while Undertow
  • Undertow Speed is slow (and if not already, Tidal Wave move faster)
4 hours ago, kenjorskidragoon said:

If you have suggetions then please post some in the Hydroid feedback page.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

The term "space ninjas" became obsolete the moment Titania, Octavia, Nidus, and Harrow showed up. Probably way before.

But other than that, yes, I do agree that there should be some way that Hydroid can replenish energy efficiently. I was thinking that the Kraken that spawns during his 4 would consume enemies killed in the Swarm and replenish 5 energy each to Hydroid. Or something.

I'd say definitely way before. Like since the beginning. Unless you consider us "anime" space ninjas, cause in that case it doesn't matter if you wear a neon orange jumpsuit, and scream all your attacks, you're still a ninja.